# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

10 minutes ago, genot said:

I think people are blaming the line. Their not that good. But Darnold is scrambling around when he doesn't have too. He never steps up in the pocket and throws, when he feels pressure. He's always running buying time, but almost never throws downfield like other QB's would.

The bold simply isn't true. Sam was doing this plenty for us before. Albeit, this game he was bad. First game he really looked like a rookie.

I figure Mayfield will have a game like this when he finally faces a quality D coordinator/coach.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This franchise is an absolute embarrassment.  I have been a tortured fan for my entire life.  Why is it that they can never get it right.  It's just one disappointment after another.  Does the coaching staff know how to make adjustments?  How long do we have to watch Todd Bowles emotionless face stare off blankly as the Jets blow another game?  This is exactly why a true Jets fan didn't bank on playoff tickets after the Lions game.

Right. Does anyone really think Bowles is the guy to unseat bill bellicheck to dominate the division? If the answer is no then bowels needs to go. It’s really that simple. Todd Bowles is not the guy.

I think macc is building a solid young team and would like him to stay but the undisciplined coaching is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

Look, there's a ton of things to bitch at when it comes to this game. You got the O-Line's piss poor play + penalties, Robby who has more fumbles than TDs, the defense folding as it usually does....

But I'm going to keep coming back to this one: we're up 14-0 and we're about to get the ball back with 6 minutes to go in the half AND we're set to receive the 2nd half kickoff. When Trumaine Johnson commits that dumbass penalty that gives the Browns a free drive, HE IS RIDING THE BENCH FOR AN ENTIRE QUARTER. He's not back to commit another penalty, however questionable the 2nd one may have been. But if I do send him back in, then at least after that one, HE IS RIDING THE BENCH FOR AN ENTIRE QUARTER. I'm sick of that crap.

MORON Bowles said he addressed this, but Johnson was still in there, managed to escape another 15 yarder only because of a Browns offseting penalty. There was no consequence to the play that the game turned on. 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Josh McCown played with a worse o-line and played well..  Willie Colon just said it on the post game..  protection was there but Darnold didn't get it done tonight.  Again...  he'll be fine.  He's going to have horrible games but he will get better.  I'm not worried long term about him but right now he doesn't give us the best chance to win.

Yes, and McCown is a veteran who's played in the NFL for years unlike a first yr rookie with his 3rd game under his belt. 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Right. Does anyone really think Bowles is the guy to unseat bill bellicheck to dominate the division? If the answer is no then bowels needs to go. It’s really that simple. Todd Bowles is not the guy.

I think macc is building a solid young team and would like him to stay but the undisciplined coaching is the problem.

How can he build a solid young team when he can't draft worth a _____ .

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

While I do think the Jets blew a game they should've won, they did not lose to a bad team. Browns have talent but bad coaching which was rescued tonight because they were forced to play their best QB due to an injur to their 2d best QB.

That makes too much sense.

Just let us be angry and nonsensical for a couple days.

Don't remind everyone that we lost to a decent team on the road by less than a TD.  If we had lost a close game on the road to the Chargers or Titans or 49ers, etc. the reaction wouldn't be like it is because it's the Browns.

This was setup for them....The NFL drove the Jets into the ground with 3 games in 11 days, 2 of them on the road and started the Browns with two tough games and then give them the Jets on a short week at home.  It was setup.

Just now, GATA said:

Yes, and McCown is a veteran who's played in the NFL for years unlike a first yr rookie with his 3rd game under his belt. 

Exactly..  I wanted McCown to start this year and go for the playoffs but Darnold played well enough to justify starting him.  It's annoying but it is what it is..  All we can hope is these painful games will benefit him in the long run.  It has for many top shelf QB's.

I'll tell you this, the jets are facing a ferocious gamut of pass rushing teams.  If the O-line can't get right, we might have to put McCown in to protect this young man.  Last thing we want is for him to develop happy feet and start rushing his motion.  The picks will become an issue at that point, and as we've seen around the league , that stuff gets to even the best QBs.  Please please fire everyone before they David Carr this kid!

To be fair to Mac, Cleveland has been ranking up top picks for years; 2 top five picks this year, the #1 pick this year and last year, 3 1st round picks; I could build a winner with those picks...

Right. Good points. It’s really not even about Cleveland though. They still suck lol
They beat us because we let them. Our coaching is bad. Once I saw the same play Dane threw the pick 6 in Detroit pulled out I started to feel it. It’s just bad.

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Moron Bowles is too stupid to be an NFL head coach. Moron Bowles isn't even angry at his team; "We addressed it" . NO YOU DIDN'T, MORON. 

Did you hear what he said? We’ll be a good football team ? ? ? ? OMG this azz hole is a piece of sh*t. 99% of HC would have been blasting every aspect of this team INCLUDING himself!

25 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Completely different situations.

Sanchez had the best OL in the league.

Darnold has one of the worst.

Thanks for playing...

They ruined Sanchez as the played scared; the best OL in the league got him crushed against the Ravens and he was never the same. Run, run, 3rd and long; how many times did we say why do we always run on 1st? We kept putting him in a position to put the whole team on his shoulders - after a while, he took too many chances, and then it got in his head. same basic situation

thanks for trying...

Everyone needs to take a few deep breaths. It was a given that Darnold was going to have games like this, and this game was a prime time for him to be awful given the overall circumstances.  Did you think he was going to walk on the field as the youngest starting QB ever and play like an All-Pro? He will be fine because this game doesn’t negate his talent. So will Mayfield, who is very talented, but he walked in nice and fresh facing a team that wasn’t able to game plan against him. Also a reminder that he is two years older than Darnold and had twice the college experience as a starter. He is presently a better QB  

With that said, our lack of talent on the offensive side is looking like a serious problem, especially in the skill positions. This organization isn’t going anywhere until they start drafting better, even with Darnold. 

5 minutes ago, BigO said:

Awwww get over it. Welcome to 48 years of incompetence. They’ve broken your cherry. Now maybe you can finally relate. 

I’m only still around tonight to PM some good friends I have made here. I’m seriously just going to log out..forget about the team for the year and not come back.

i obviously can’t handle message boards.

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. Good points. It’s really not even about Cleveland though. They still suck lol
They beat us because we let them. Our coaching is bad. Once I saw the same play Dane threw the pick 6 in Detroit pulled out I started to feel it. It’s just bad.

was talking about the 'how come macc couldn't rebuild so quick' type comments; agreed on the coaching - the play calling on both sides with chicken-sh*t.

I also think the 3 games in 11 days didn't help; but you don't get to pick your schedule, you have to cowboy up...

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

If they have not already, it’s time the Johnsons open the new HC and GM files.  

Its destiny.  $72mm for a CB who acts like that?

Darnold will be fine. 

If these numbskulls are in charge...I don't think I'm so confident.

39 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the next guy that says we have to give the coach and gm more time......

I'm that guy, or was until tonight. I'm disgusted right now with everything Jet. I'm just hoping we don't have another "USC" QB. I found out tonight about our coaching staff and offense and dumb ass won nothing penalty taking defense..

19 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Can’t deny it...just watching the 2 QBs...I saw a significant difference.

sam will be solid and good....but Mayfield looked dynamic.  

There's no doubt Mayfield has the "it" factor.  We'll never know for sure but consensus is that the Jets were locked on him at #3.  IF both he and Darnold were there (never would have happened) I don't know who the Jets would have taken.  But those were the top 2 guys.  The Browns took one of them, we got the other.

Everything we saw and heard about Mayfield was on display tonight.  The arm, the accuracy, the mobility, and ability to lead a team.  But some people still wouldn't want him I guess.....you know....because he's 6' 0 1/2"

Archived