# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

We can't play well against Miami and the Browns.  I fail to see how we are going to get any better.  Hopefully the loses will signal the end of Bowles and Macc.

Mac is getting a pass with drafting Darnold without giving up a 1st. He has traded well, and signed a few good FAs and rebuild the depth - team has a long way to go, but I guess Mac gets another year or two.

Bowles, on the other hand, ...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

They ruined Sanchez as the played scared; the best OL in the league got him crushed against the Ravens and he was never the same. Run, run, 3rd and long; how many times did we say why do we always run on 1st? We kept putting him in a position to put the whole team on his shoulders - after a while, he took too many chances, and then it got in his head. same basic situation

thanks for trying...

Darnold should not have opened the season as the starter.

If they do what you want next week... Sam is highly likely not to finish the game in Jacksonville.

Concussion... broken collar bone... something....

Luckily, Bates is smarter than you are.  They will "cut him loose" when the timing and opponent is right.

22 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

game was over after the penalty ridden - dumb f players; we have 10 days to stew on this loss; at this point, I would just as soon let Darnold play (who cares), watch them loose every game and have the coaches replaced. I am the guy that said, let's see how the season runs - but, to play such a chicken-sh*t game; sitting on an 11 point lead - players with stupid penalties; no positive energy.

I just hope some decent coaches become available this off-season.

THIS.

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Everyone needs to take a few deep breaths. It was a given that Darnold was going to have games like this, and this game was a prime time for him to be awful given the overall circumstances.  Did you think he was going to walk on the field as the youngest starting QB ever and play like an All-Pro? He will be fine because this game doesn’t negate his talent. So will Mayfield, who is very talented, but he walked in nice and fresh facing a team that wasn’t able to game plan against him. Also a reminder that he is two years older than Darnold and had twice the college experience as a starter. He is presently a better QB  

With that said, our lack of talent on the offensive side is looking like a serious problem, especially in the skill positions. This organization isn’t going anywhere until they start drafting better, even with Darnold. 

I think you nailed it by acknowledging that Mayfield is the better QB...but the gap should narrow..given Darnolds age and experience level.

but I did see a better arm ...and a quicker release...and a very accurate arm...in Mayfield.  

4 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Have rooted hard for Bowles....to succeed.

but ..we’ll have a new Coach next year....and we need one

Same here. I am patient. I will root for anything associated with the Jets. But Bowles is done here, this year will be it.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Mac is getting a pass with drafting Darnold without giving up a 1st. He has traded well, and signed a few good FAs and rebuild the depth - team has a long way to go, but I guess Mac gets another year or two.

Bowles, on the other hand, ...

Drafting well is just as important as having a decent coach.  Maybe more so.  I am more concerned about Macc than I am Bowles.  Coaches are a dime a dozen.  Good GM's are hard to come by.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold should not have opened the season as the starter.

If they do what you want next week... Sam is highly likely not to finish the game in Jacksonville.

Concussion... broken collar bone... something....

Luckily, Bates is smarter than you are.

Still with the concussion collarbone breaking sh*t? I guarantee you are rooting for that.

If you had to choose, which one would make you happiest?

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m only still around tonight to PM some good friends I have made here. I’m seriously just going to log out..forget about the team for the year and not come back.

i obviously can’t handle message boards.

Join the club. Now you know firsthand how frustrating it is to root for this team. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The second down run to set up the fg before the Browns TD drive. The unimaginative play calling ...I can’t 

So many stupid plays, penalties, TO’s, bad assignments were ALL turning points in a game we had in the palms of our hands. Just a ridiculous loss.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There's no doubt Mayfield has the "it" factor.  We'll never know for sure but consensus is that the Jets were locked on him at #3.  IF both he and Darnold were there (never would have happened) I don't know who the Jets would have taken.  But those were the top 2 guys.  The Browns took one of them, we go the other.

Everything we saw and heard about Mayfield was on display tonight.  The arm, the accuracy, the mobility, and ability to lead a team.  But some people still wouldn't want him I guess.....you know....because he's 6' 0 1/2"

I wanted him. But maybe in the long run...we will be happy we have Sam instead.

but the better arm...accuracy..mobility....release....belongs to Mayfield.  

25 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m only still around tonight to PM some good friends I have made here. I’m seriously just going to log out..forget about the team for the year and not come back.

i obviously can’t handle message boards.

I'm going to, likely, do the same.  This is the lowest I have felt about anything in a long time and, if I'm being totally honest, it probably has more to do with other stuff going on in my life.  I've been dealing with constant battles and stress for the last ~6 months and I can't, for my own sake, let sports affect me this much.  I have so many more important things to worry about.  It's not worth it at this point in time. 

It hurts.  I love Football.  I've been playing it my entire life.  4 years ago a switch went off in my head, I had the worst year of my life, and anxiety, OCD, and depression took over to a point where I can't enjoy something I have loved since I was 5 years old because I get too emotional during the good and the bad to keep a level head.

I may check in to read every now and then, but I can't see myself posting for quite a while.  Max and co., don't take this as a hit towards your forum.  Nothing here has driven me away.  I've been apart of it for years.  Well before JI's closing.  It's the best Jets site on the planet.  I just need to vent and this is the only medium I've got right now.

13 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Can’t deny it...just watching the 2 QBs...I saw a significant difference.

sam will be solid and good....but Mayfield looked dynamic.  

That happens when you have better receivers, backs, and O line. Darnold didn't have a clean pocket even once. I always liked Mayfield, but you can't tell from this game who will be a better pro. That's just silly. IMO, they both will have great careers, snd Darnolds size and age (3 years younger) made him the better draft pick.

1 minute ago, ausman said:

I was 16 years old when the Jets last won the Super Bowl.  If I live to be 100, I don’t think I’ll live to see them win another.  Heck, I may not see them ever win the division again.

I was 12. You making me feel old.

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Love to hear how he sucks, he consistently avoided danger made throws in tight windows, not his fault the plays he was given sucked and our coached didn't want to win, the damn game was won in the run game  and then they were like let call a bunch of behind the line of scrimmage passes and stop running.

No adjustment to browns passing game by coaching. 

If you can't admit it was coaching and we stole defeat out of the jaws of victory you need to stay off the message boards or maybe just be quiet.

Also yeah don't talk crap like that to other posters. That is crowel low. 

All in all, that two games in a row we should have won but lost. Darnold continues to look like he has the tools to win, but is consistently held back by poor play in offense and his own coaches.

Pathetic. Coach bowles was out coached by Hugh ******* Jackson...Jesus Christ.

What did you see positive about Darnold tonight? C'mon, you don't have to knock him, but what "tools" did he show tonight? BTW, he's a part, a big part, of this sh***ty offense 

The worst part is, I thought after getting Darnold, we at least wouldn't have losses like this anymore. The loss to the Dolphins was bearable, because they at least looked like they could battle back to win the game at any moment. But this game was just another putrid and undisciplined collapse in the key of Todd Bowles, just like we've been seeing for the past three ******* years.

I am officially okay with a one win season, just to see our entire front office sacked, because it's clear that after 3 ******* years, they are not getting it done. Any season with Bowles/Macc at the helm is a wasted season with Sam.

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

So many stupid plays, penalties, TO’s, bad assignments were ALL turning points in a game we had in the palms of our hands. Just a ridiculous loss.

Personal fouls were on free agents. Guys the Jets drafted didn't act like punks. Not sure how much that matters. Or if it does at all. But, I'm not sure if it's a coincidence.

8 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Drafting well is just as important as having a decent coach.  Maybe more so.  I am more concerned about Macc than I am Bowles.  Coaches are a dime a dozen.  Good GM's are hard to come by.

Hey; not saying his is great or anything; I am saying that given the drafting of Darnold (moving up without an extra 1st), the 7th round trade for Anderson; he has likely done enough to keep his job. Not rooting for him, but just what I think.

Unless the best possible coach/GM comes available or best GM, he is staying - not rooting for it, but just my opinion...

6 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I’ve always defended Bowles but the lack of discipline tonight was disgusting.  New players same lack of discipline.  

Can you imagine if that happened on a Belichek team? He must have been laughing his azz off tonight watching this game. 

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

What did you see positive about Darnold tonight? C'mon, you don't have to knock him, but what "tools" did he show tonight? BTW, he's a part, a big part, of this sh***ty offense 

His best quality is that he keeps his eyes downfield when he is rushed, which he is constantly, because this offensive line is doodoo

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I'm going to just post "Fire Macc!" as the background of my Facebook page.  I may paint it on the back of my car.  I want the whole world to know.

You do know that the rest of the world will think you're trying to fire  a burger right ?

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Still with the concussion collarbone breaking sh*t? I guarantee you are rooting for that.

If you had to choose, which one would make you happiest?

What would make me happy is for people to admit they were wrong about having Darnold open the season as the starter under these ridiculous scheduling circumstances.  That they should have kept Teddy and started him instead.

But now that he is playing,  it would make me even happier if they would STFU about the playcalling... and just let Bates protect him until the timing and opponents are right to "turn him loose."

Archived