# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BigO said:

My dad used to say **** em. They don’t care about you and they not giving you any money so **** em. The reality is it’s just a business. It’s a game we all played as children and some of us were better than others and lucky to make a living doing it. But these players who play for ‘NY’ or any other team don’t even live here or care about this city or any other. They hop from team to team and could care less about anybody but themselves. 

This really is true haha good thing to remember anytime you’re gonna let sports ruin your day or week

I purposely stayed away last night during the game and after game.  

This team is bad really bad. 

We have possibly the worst coaching staff in the NFL. 

Todd Bowles his entire career here has failed to adjust his game plan ever during a game. 

Robbie Anderson flat out sucks there are free agent guys on the street better than him. 

Besides Enunwa and Kearse we have garbage WR's.

Macc and Bowles nothing changes here. 

This loss goes down with worst ones in NY Jets history. 

This was a tale of two halfs.  FIrst half the Browns basically handed us 14 points based off their stupid mistakes/penalties, general atrocious playcalling, Tyrod Taylor being bad and crappy Oline play.

Second half, we basically handed them multiple scores based off bad playcalling, penalties, bad Oline play and other self inflicted wounds.

End of the day, the Browns have way more young talent than we do, top to bottom and are pretty stacked at multiple positions.  That D is pretty scary.  I also thought that our D let us down after a stellar first half.  We stopped being able to pressure the QB (part of that is that Mayfield was processing things quickly and getting the ball out fast) and other than Lee and Avery Williamson most of our stars didn't show up (Leo, our CBs and Adams didn't have good games). 

Its just a little frustrating that four years into a rebuild, we still lack the sort of talent that the Browns have gotten in the last three (they gutted their entire team after 2015) and shows that our drafting and rebuilding strat wasn't optimal.  Finishing  with one or two game wins several years in a row does tend to bring in a lot of draft capital in a hurry.

The thing about Baker Mayfield is will other NFL teams after watching the film on him and the Browns offense be able to adjust and call a better D than we did on Thursday. He will probably end up being a good starting Qb but will he rookie year be that effective. I think it will catch up to him but like Sam natural talent and smarts will let him still do good things. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing about Baker Mayfield is will other NFL teams after watching the film on him and the Browns offense be able to adjust and call a better D than we did on Thursday. He will probably end up being a good starting Qb but will he rookie year be that effective. I think it will catch up to him but like Sam natural talent and smarts will let him still do good things. 

He is very similar to Russell Wilson if you give him the time he usually finds an open WR or he runs with the ball. 

Todd Bowles made no halftime adjustment for Baker Mayfield he even said this in his presser. 

Archived