It’s hard to sink any lower as a franchise

Vader

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

No doubt about it.

They were a beaten down, demoralized group when it was 14-0 in the 1st half.

We've no ushered in the Tom Brady era (Mo Lewis hit) and the Baker Mayfield era.

Coincidentally, I think Johnny Manziel had his first ever TD pass for the Browns in a game against the Jets.

FML.

I initially thought the same thing, but Mayfield was a foregone conclusion to be starting this season regardless. 

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

I don't get why everyone is surprised? They weren't supposed to compete this year... 

Only thing to be looking for is improvement from some of our young guys. If you go into the games with that kind of mindset it's not that bad... I mean it's bad, but not that bad. 

Not competing fine but the team looks like sh*t on a shingle. The coach is a boob who can't instill discipline, make adjustments, engage in a strategic battle of wits with Hugh Friggin' Jackson (A guy who apparently couldn't tell the difference between Mayfield and Tyrod in how many practices?).

Bowles is an anchor. The boat goes nowhere with him.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Todd Bowles half time comments when asked with a change at QB will you change your game plan?  “The QB doesn’t dictate our defensive game plan we will stay with our plan”.  

Seriously 

The fact that he didn't immediately back track that comment shows he just does not get it.

1 hour ago, jetgreen13 said:

again, it's still just year 4!!

First 2 years didn't count, those were the false-start rebuild. For real rebuild didn't start until we drafted Hackensack.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Oh my God you have to be kidding me. This was a meaningless game outside of Cleveland. Put it behind you.

This year is practice for Sam, that is it. We have 100 million dollars in summer. Everyone relax. Seriously.

DC

i've felt the need to post something, anything too..

7 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Oh my God you have to be kidding me. This was a meaningless game outside of Cleveland. Put it behind you.

This year is practice for Sam, that is it. We have 100 million dollars in summer. Everyone relax. Seriously.

DC

13 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

DC

I mean, legimately it is week 3 and it’s our 3rd game in 11 days and we only lost by 4 even though our rookie played like a rookie... but what about acknowledging these things is fun?

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Year four of Maccagnan and Bowles “franchise building” and this team has no spine, no killer instinct, and no discipline.

I’m done rooting for any team coached by Todd Bowles.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Look at the number of draft picks Mac has squandered. 3# 2’s for Darnold, Devin Smith, Hack, Stewart, Hansen, etc etc etc and the busts free agents he’s brought in. This team is a joke. Yes Darnold is a prize, a gamer, the future but he can’t do it alone. No QB can. And Bowles has cemented himself as the laughingstock of HC’s in the NFL.

This is a tough loss but not the end of the world. Geez. This isn't a bad Browns team and I wish so many people would stop making such a big deal about losing to them. They tied Pitt and almost and probably should have beat NO. They have a very tough defense and with Mayfield apparently a pretty good O as well. They are no joke. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Todd Bowles half time comments when asked with a change at QB will you change your game plan?  “The QB doesn’t dictate our defensive game plan we will stay with our plan”.  

Seriously 

Tho this is why he should be fired......clueless. 

7 hours ago, Vader said:

This is a low point in the history of New York Jets sports. 

Thank you.

LOL. Kid you ain't seen nothing yet.

As for a rookie playing badly in his third game on 11 days, not to mention the 3rd game of his young career it's not even close to some of the sh*t this franchise has been through. Get a grip.

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Some of you either vastly overrated the Jets, or vastly underrated the browns. Their defense is top 3 and Baker is no joke - sorry some of you didn’t know that. Tough game. Now put your pu$$ies away move on to week 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sick of seeing posts like this! Our coach sucks & even though we're debuting a rookie QB, with better coaching & discipline this team should be 3-0. 

The litany of penalties, fumbles, tempo, defensive formations (the zone was leaving guys wide open for Baker to get comfortable). Yes this year is about Darnold but it should also be a trial to determine if this coach has what it takes to eventually win a Super Bowl. This coach can't even keep his players from acting like children. NOT A LEADER OF MEN! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DMan77 said:

I don't get why everyone is surprised? They weren't supposed to compete this year... 

Only thing to be looking for is improvement from some of our young guys. If you go into the games with that kind of mindset it's not that bad... I mean it's bad, but not that bad. 

Other than Darnold, what “young guys”?

Team talent is a huge part of our current problems.

8 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

When will the vaunted D play a full 4 quarters?

I remember when Aikman said "This would be a great stop by the Jets D if they can hold the Browns to three" when it was first and goal with 3 minutes left.  And I said to myself "they won't, because the Jets defense has NEVER made a stop when they need to."  And lo and behold, who scores a touchdown the very next play.....

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I mean, legimately it is week 3 and it’s our 3rd game in 11 days and we only lost by 4 even though our rookie played like a rookie... but what about acknowledging these things is fun?

IDK, maybe its because the way the team played?  Maybe its the fact that the turning point was not getting off the field on another 3 and out because Trumaine Johnson, THE high priced FA signing, had to get a ridiculous unsportsmanlike penalty?

Maybe its because another game where coaching staff has no clue how to make in game adjustments?  Maybe because some of us have seen this crap for the past 40 years over and over again.

Maybe.....

• Upvote 3

I remember when Aikman said "This would be a great stop by the Jets D if they can hold the Browns to three" when it was first and goal with 3 minutes left.  And I said to myself "they won't, because the Jets defense has NEVER made a stop when they need to."  And lo and behold, who scores a touchdown the very next play.....

Carlos Hyde ftw

6 hours ago, Dcronin said:

DC

do you have faith in this staff to make the right choices? Seriously Mac is hit and miss with drafting but decent on FA signings. but the coaching and player development is bad

It was clear from the beginning. The Browns didn‘t win for 3,347 days, but against whom would their first win be? Yup, us. The worst possible outcome usually applies for the Jets.

Also that gameplan, my god... for the last 3 quarters it just felt like: Get the O-line beat, let Sam roll the left or right and then throw it to the outside.

But in my opinion that playing style is totally on the O-line. If Sam could just stand in the pocket for more than 1.5 seconds for a change his play would elevate even more as he is good at going through his progressions.

Summary: Tough an embarassing loss, but not surprising at all.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Year four of Maccagnan and Bowles “franchise building” and this team has no spine, no killer instinct, and no discipline.

I’m done rooting for any team coached by Todd Bowles.

True. After putting 14 on the board they just went 50% effort for the rest of the game. But what do you expect when they‘re not getting fired up and the coach is standing on the sideline looking like a cartboard cutout.

16 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

IDK, maybe its because the way the team played?  Maybe its the fact that the turning point was not getting off the field on another 3 and out because Trumaine Johnson, THE high priced FA signing, had to get a ridiculous unsportsmanlike penalty?

Maybe its because another game where coaching staff has no clue how to make in game adjustments?  Maybe because some of us have seen this crap for the past 40 years over and over again.

Maybe.....

Or maybe it’s that thing that happens all the time to every team? You know that thing where a back up quarterback comes in and suddenly the defensive game plan stops working. To make it worse that QB that came in is a rookie so there’s no tape on him and even worse than that their rookie is one of the best prospects in recent years and even worse than that we were on 3 days rest with our own rookie QB.

It’s week 3 and we were the away team on a Thursday night.

24 minutes ago, jackhuntr said:

The Fake Spike, Buttfumble, Losing to a Team who hasn't won in 635 days with a 1st time playing rookie QB is another chapter in the Jets long storied history. 

I felt this way prior to watching the game but after watching it, it’s just a loss.  Yeah, the Browns haven’t won in forever but this is a totally different team.  That team is loaded with talent.

It brings me back to the off-season before Darnold how many of us felt the Browns were in a much better position succeed than the Jets.  I think the Browns taking Mayfield and Darnold falling to the Jets somewhat created a false sense of optimism but the grim reality is that during the time the Jets have been “rebuilding” teams like the Jags and Browns and Rams have become absolutely loaded with much of the same talent that was available to the Jets. 

Dorsey is good.  Mac is not.  That’s the biggest issue. 

• Upvote 4