This Loss - and the Dolphins Loss - is on Jeremy Bates

Doggin94it

I get that our OL is not exactly the 7 Blocks of Granite, but he is calling a scared, scared game.  There are essentially no "shot" plays in the game plan, nothing that threatens the defense vertically, and the result is exactly what it was in the bum-wing Chad Pennington days: A defense that plays packed into a short area, tougher to run against and tougher to break into the open against, because they're only defending a 15x50 yard area instead of the whole field.

They need to turn Darnold loose.

You mean u have an issue with running twice for -1 yards and then throwing on 3 and 12? Or gaining 21 yards on a run and coming back with more runs to the same side? Or running to the same side like 8 times in a row until you end up in a third and long? Those all seem fine to me...

12 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I get that our OL is not exactly the 7 Blocks of Granite, but he is calling a scared, scared game.  There are essentially no "shot" plays in the game plan, nothing that threatens the defense vertically, and the result is exactly what it was in the bum-wing Chad Pennington days: A defense that plays packed into a short area, tougher to run against and tougher to break into the open against, because they're only defending a 15x50 yard area instead of the whole field.

They need to turn Darnold loose.

No.  They don't. Bates has done exactly what he is supposed to.  Get the ball out quick against nasty pass rushes.

KEEP DARNOLD IN ONE PIECE.

Too many of you... "Sam should be the week 1 starter!"

3 games in 11 days.

A bad OL that was banged up in training camp and didn't play together much.  Jet lagged from travel, not fully fit from camp injuries, not enough time to recuperate, etc.

This is the result.

What the hell did you expect !?!?

How many times do you people have to be told the same thing?!?!

The goal in Sacksonville is not to " turn Darnold loose."  They kicked the sh*t out of Brady...

It is to get him back to Florham Park healthy.  Period.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yet another OC our fans hate.  For the record I think Bates has been fine so far.  We just couldn’t pass block.  Browns have a talented defense. 

Not one long pass in a league where PI is called more and more every week.. Us? None.

The only reason our offense was somewhat passable last year was because McCown could throw deep and Anderson can fly. Judging off the first 3 games, Darnold’s obvious weakness is the out pattern and the bomb. Teams are going to take away the short stuff and the Jets don’t have the oline to run the ball consistently.

bowles should be fired for the last two weeks. If I performed like him for two weeks with millions of dollars on the line I would be fired. He has done a horrible job with both sides of the ball. He is coaching scard and putting the rookie qb out there to fail rather then win. Run blocking should be the easier then pass blocking run the ball use play action.

All the penalties and the behavior is on coaching not preparing the players coaching again.

Dont let him on the plane just fire him. A fan could coach and play call better then that moron.

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Kind of hard to turn your QB loose when he is running g for his life every play. 

We also have nobody on O. Kerse, Anderson, Crowell,  Powell, Enunwa isn't going to cut it. 

"Josh Gordon doesn't fit here our WRs are above average" lol saw that so many times on here and twitter. for a 5th round pick (that Mac would whiff on anyway) it shoulda been done in a heartbeat

Just now, Beerfish said:

We have a sh*tty oline, mediocre rbs, no wrs other than enunwa and no tight ends and a 21 year old qb and it is the ocs fault.  The finger can be squarely pointed at the general manager imo

Anderson can play. He’s been totally neutered by Darnold. Fumbling aside, he didn’t just forget how to get open.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Anderson can play. He’s been totally neutered by Darnold. Fumbling aside, he didn’t just forget how to get open.

His gaff was the big turning point in the game and he can play by running 9 routes.  He scares exactly no one other than doing a streak.  And with an oline as awful as the one we have no one is throwing deep. 

37 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Kind of hard to turn your QB loose when he is running g for his life every play. 

We also have nobody on O. Kerse, Anderson, Crowell,  Powell, Enunwa isn't going to cut it. 

Pretty much. What offense do you run when your QB is erratic, your OL sucks, and nobody can get open?

25 minutes ago, SR24 said:

"Josh Gordon doesn't fit here our WRs are above average" lol saw that so many times on here and twitter. for a 5th round pick (that Mac would whiff on anyway) it shoulda been done in a heartbeat

That's ok, we don't need a drug addict that shows up late for meetings and skips out on camp

So we've blown out a bad team and we've lost reasonably close games to two seemingly .500 teams.  To quote Dennis Green, "the Jets are who we thought they were!"....a slightly less than .500 team most likely.  This is shaping up as most predicted...something like 7-9 or 6-10 with a rookie QB.

Inopportune penalties and a turnover deep in Jets territory are probably the most significant reasons for the loss, along with conservative play calling on O with a lead in the 2nd Half.  The Jets generated 17 points, all on offense, without ever having the benefit of decent field position.  In fact, we were often starting inside our own 20 and then backing ourselves up with 5 yard penalties.  The Browns also have a decent defense.

I can't say this should have been unexpected.

I think the Browns were due...

FullSizeRender.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I don't know.  I really think we could have run a few more screens.  

At least he mixed them up left side to right side.

Terrible job by Bates- Sams running for his life - no quick tosses - nothing over the middle.

Total crap passing play call except when those screens were working.

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

You mean u have an issue with running twice for -1 yards and then throwing on 3 and 12? Or gaining 21 yards on a run and coming back with more runs to the same side? Or running to the same side like 8 times in a row until you end up in a third and long? Those all seem fine to me...

Isn’t that how we scored a TD?

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So we've blown out a bad team and we've lost reasonably close games to two seemingly .500 teams.  To quote Dennis Green, "the Jets are who we thought they were!"....a slightly less than .500 team most likely.  This is shaping up as most predicted...something like 7-9 or 6-10 with a rookie QB.

Inopportune penalties and a turnover deep in Jets territory are probably the most significant reasons for the loss, along with conservative play calling on O with a lead in the 2nd Half.  The Jets generated 17 points, all on offense, without ever having the benefit of decent field position.  In fact, we were often starting inside our own 20 and then backing ourselves up with 5 yard penalties.  The Browns also have a decent defense.

I can't say this should have been unexpected.

I think the Browns were due...

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Where do you see 6-7 wins on our schedule?

Archived