This Loss - and the Dolphins Loss - is on Jeremy Bates

Doggin94it

5 minutes ago, NJ said:

At least he mixed them up left side to right side.

Terrible job by Bates- Sams running for his life - no quick tosses - nothing over the middle.

Total crap passing play call except when those screens were working.

Because so far Darnold has thrown 3 INTs over the middle?

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

I get that our OL is not exactly the 7 Blocks of Granite, but he is calling a scared, scared game.  There are essentially no "shot" plays in the game plan, nothing that threatens the defense vertically, and the result is exactly what it was in the bum-wing Chad Pennington days: A defense that plays packed into a short area, tougher to run against and tougher to break into the open against, because they're only defending a 15x50 yard area instead of the whole field.

They need to turn Darnold loose.

Title of thread - Uh, no.  As far as Darnold, - he was not good at all. Others had bad nights, Bates included. But Darnold was horrid, and he got shown up by Baker. Period. That was obvious. 

4 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

You have to wonder how much input Bowles has on the offensive game plan. That’s what we need to find out. You have to remember, this is the west coast offense and these are the plays as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Hopefully zero nada none the guys not qualified to teach gym at Rutherford high school 

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Say what you want about Morton not running enough . But his scheme attacked vertical and it got receivers open . 

Bates scheme got us thosung behind LOS putting everything on yac

Get the impression that Bates fancies himself as a McVay/Shanahan style "young offensive genius". So far he looks about a million miles from that. 

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Title of thread - Uh, no.  As far as Darnold, - he was not good at all. Others had bad nights, Bates included. But Darnold was horrid, and he got shown up by Baker. Period. That was obvious. 

Darnold was horrid?  I don't know what we could've expected given the pressure he was facing and how well covered our WRs were.  I think the Browns are about to emerge as a good team (especially with Baker leading their offense).  It seems like Tyrod was the problem with their offense the past 2 weeks.  If he didn't get injured last night, I think the Jets would've won fairly easily.

7 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I get that our OL is not exactly the 7 Blocks of Granite, but he is calling a scared, scared game.  There are essentially no "shot" plays in the game plan, nothing that threatens the defense vertically, and the result is exactly what it was in the bum-wing Chad Pennington days: A defense that plays packed into a short area, tougher to run against and tougher to break into the open against, because they're only defending a 15x50 yard area instead of the whole field.

They need to turn Darnold loose.

Bates has been bad the last two.  But I blame Bowles.  The Team Stupidity Quotient is way too high

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Kind of hard to turn your QB loose when he is running g for his life every play. 

We also have nobody on O. Kerse, Anderson, Crowell,  Powell, Enunwa isn't going to cut it. 

Anderson--fumbles 2 straight games.  A wideout, for crying out loud.

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So we've blown out a bad team and we've lost reasonably close games to two seemingly .500 teams.  To quote Dennis Green, "the Jets are who we thought they were!"....a slightly less than .500 team most likely.  This is shaping up as most predicted...something like 7-9 or 6-10 with a rookie QB.

Inopportune penalties and a turnover deep in Jets territory are probably the most significant reasons for the loss, along with conservative play calling on O with a lead in the 2nd Half.  The Jets generated 17 points, all on offense, without ever having the benefit of decent field position.  In fact, we were often starting inside our own 20 and then backing ourselves up with 5 yard penalties.  The Browns also have a decent defense.

I can't say this should have been unexpected.

I think the Browns were due...

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I dont care about the Browns game.  How many points do you think Sam would put up against our D?  What bugs me is the demeanor and the stupidity of this team.  That is coaching and to some degree--player selection.  Trumaine Johnson and Isaiah Crowell are not recent draftees.  Trumaine is either shot or indifferent, but he is also dumb. I hope Crowell's thing was a one shot.  The Jets are a circus of ineptitude.  And Bates conservatism might be Bowles conservatism--we do not know.

It's not Bates, It's not the o-line, it's not the receivers. It's darnold. Sorry. That's the way I feel. He had plenty of chances to step up in the pocket and throw, and chose to scramble, throw off balance with safe passes. The moment he steps back, he has happy feet. Sanchez had an excuse. he was on his ass ten times a game. Darnold hasn't been hit like that. Mccown managed to find Anderson open 65 times before he missed the last three games. and how good is mccown

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And on the same kind of play (hit from behind after catching the ball).  

Guys know he's weak, their holding him up & stripping the ball. He will not, and should not be a NY Jet in 2019. 

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Darnold was horrid?  I don't know what we could've expected given the pressure he was facing and how well covered our WRs were.  I think the Browns are about to emerge as a good team (especially with Baker leading their offense).  It seems like Tyrod was the problem with their offense the past 2 weeks.  If he didn't get injured last night, I think the Jets would've won fairly easily.

No time to throw and nobody open is a killer on QB rating

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Say what you want about Morton not running enough . But his scheme attacked vertical and it got receivers open . 

Bates scheme got us throwing behind LOS putting everything on yac

looked like a Schittenheimer offense last night

The O line sucks and other than Enunwa there isn’t a receiver who fits this offense.  Andersen gets so overrated by this fan base.  He gives you nothing other than a 9 route here and there, he’s soft, and has ball security issues.  The running backs are ordinary.  It’s not a good team.  Not enough players, Mac has been here for 4 drafts and 4 off seasons and the roster is barren.  

5 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Actually, it’s on Robbie Anderson, dumb penalties n poor coaching. 

Exactly! Plus add in that absolutely unwarranted penalty by Trumaine after a 3rd down stop! The Browns have a good defense, and you need good field position against them. Who knows up 14-0 if they punt there? Bad punt, decent return. You would never see stupid sh*t like we saw last night by New England. Most wins vs good defense are ugly wins. 

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

No.  They don't. Bates has done exactly what he is supposed to.  Get the ball out quick against nasty pass rushes.

KEEP DARNOLD IN ONE PIECE.

Too many of you... "Sam should be the week 1 starter!"

3 games in 11 days.

A bad OL that was banged up in training camp and didn't play together much.  Jet lagged from travel, not fully fit from camp injuries, not enough time to recuperate, etc.

This is the result.

What the hell did you expect !?!?

How many times do you people have to be told the same thing?!?!

The goal in Sacksonville is not to " turn Darnold loose."  They kicked the sh*t out of Brady...

It is to get him back to Florham Park healthy.  Period.

If the idea is to keep the kid in one piece then don't be so predictable with your calls... I wanted them to mix in some passes on running downs, but they kept running until they had to throw and that is what puts the kid in harms way and lets the D know what's coming.

7 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

LMAO. Fumbling aside? Seriously? That was critical, we were up 14-0. Your nuts. Robbie sux.

Anderson is great on the long ball when no one can touch him but on a short ball, with his toothpick arms, they are just gonna take it from him....like taking candy from a baby.

This was a typical Todd Bowles and company game. Get a lead then try and protect the lead with the soft defense. The other problem I noticed with the offense was the snap count. I am not sure how many times there “should” have been a delay of game on the offense. The clock would always seemed be a :01 for the snap. There was almost no variation in the snap count. The Brown’s D was just teeing off.

On the other side of the ball Haley put Mayfield in a position to succeed. He had them run the hurry up at times to keep the Jets on their heels.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

yep on robbie.  i don't know if he's running good routes or the plays aren't going to him.  the fumble was bad.  that was a key play.  he needs to get involved in the offense.

Agreed, I’m hoping the lack of deep balls has more to do with our OL and not with Darnold

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree the Jets would've won if Taylor stayed in the game. That's my point about Mayfield. BTW What were Browns coaches looking at these last few weeks that made them start Taylor in the first place. I argue a lot in here about us not supporting our CS, but after last nights embarrassment I'm done. This team is a mess, there is nothing to defend

Archived