Bowles got himself fired tonight

Maxman

It won't happen until after the season of course. But tonight was it. The Browns were favored. They hadn't won in two years. Your team is up by double digits. Then the wheels fell off.

Stupid penalty after stupid penalty.  They got out played and out coached in the 2nd half. These are the things you get graded on.

Next few weeks are rough, this was the game to win to send a message about what you wanted this season to be. You failed this city.

Not sure how you give Macc another draft. Robby Anderson is considered one of the better receivers and he was an UDFA who beat out your two draft picks last year. Robby is like 140lbs and gets out muscled often. Maybe they could throw down the field to him, oh but Macc never drafts offensive lineman so they have to call plays like Pennington is the QB.

Fun stuff. But Bowles did himself in tonight, he is going to need to pull some serious upsets the next few weeks to reverse the course of this season.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good.

I wasn’t always on the Fire Bowles train like the rest of you lot, but tonight solidified it for me. I’m sick of his bland ass face on the sideline. I’m sick of his undiciplined teams, I’m sick of him saying “ we have to fix this or that” in the pressers yet nothing changes.

Him and his entire staff stinks

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Matt39 said:

Bowles wanted Bridgewater, for better or worse. You have to take the lumps with the rookie QB, but Darnold tonight was why they lost. 

Disagree completely, coaching is why we lost, awful coaching. Darnold struggled, they did nothing to put him in a position to succeed. That game was a display of awful coaching

Just now, NoBowles said:

Disagree completely, coaching is why we lost, awful coaching. Darnold struggled, they did nothing to put him in a position to succeed. That game was a display of awful coaching

We said the same about Geno. Weapons this, play calling that. The QB played like ass. I can’t stand Bowles either, but be honest here.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Bowles wanted Bridgewater, for better or worse. You have to take the lumps with the rookie QB, but Darnold tonight was why they lost.  He was dreadful.

No.  Not even close.  Darnold was not good, but he's not why the lost.  Hell, if Robbie Anderson simply doesn't fumble, the Jets probably win.

Browns first FG was due to a dead ball penalty.  Jets allowed drives to continue at least 3 other time on 3rd down penalties.

They lost because this coaching staff is completely inept.  

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Bowles wanted Bridgewater, for better or worse. You have to take the lumps with the rookie QB, but Darnold tonight was why they lost.  He was dreadful.

He played well enough. Made some good throws at big moments.  The Anderson fumble was a killer.  Not picking up the Baker fumble and the easy INT they didn’t catch in the end zone change everything. 

We all need to band together and weather this season. Let’s hope Sam isn’t ruined this year and we will root for him and the future. We kinda saw this coming, but it’s looking pretty ugly early into the year.

Sam deserves better than this. I hope we can all agree on what we’ve seen and look at the whole body of work of Bowles and Co. No more excuses. He’s done enough to get fired. Mac as well. Give someone new the keys to the castle with a top 10 pick, ton of cap and potential stud QB.

We fans are the heart and soul of this sh*tshow so let’s try to stick together and target our rage at those who deserve it (ownership, coaches,GM). 

Hang in there all. It wasn’t about this year anyways and there won’t be a grey area or any situation where this joke of a front office is retained. If it is, we go to f*cking war. 

Anyone who watched the game knows they lost because the QB was running for his life every time he dropped back. It isn't  the HC's fault  we have a sh*t OL. 

Ypu want to blame him for Crowell wiping his butt with the ball, or for Johnson shoving the ball in Landry's chest, all the stupid false starts, fine. 

Here is my litmus test. Bench Anderson.  

Just now, JiF said:

When you win 14 games over 3 years you should get fired. 

That is almost always true. The reason for pause is when you do it with a bottom five roster which they did. That said, new beginning \ new QB but you just can't have all these penalties. This team doesn't play smart and that is why you pay coaches millions.

I have less of a problem with the wiping the a$$ penalty than I do the personal foul on #22.  You score a TD, you used to play for the team, you are emotional. Dumb. But it is 15 yards. No big deal, learn from it.

You make a stop on 3rd down. You go out of the way to hand the receiver the ball and taunt him. Oh first down now. That could have put points on the board for the Browns. Terrible penalty.

Matchup wise they couldn't find something for Claiborne to do other than hold the receivers that were running past him?

Nickerson needs a zanax as well. Someone needs to take control and I fear it won't be Jamal Adams. He is too busy telling us how good he is.

Archived