Bowles got himself fired tonight

Maxman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

He played well enough. Made some good throws at big moments.  The Anderson fumble was a killer.  Not picking up the Baker fumble and the easy INT they didn’t catch in the end zone change everything. 

Darnold completed 49% of his passes with zero tds and two picks. That loses at every level.

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

who is firing him?

The Johnsons aren't doing anything until January. 

Darnold had a rough night. But he has 1 NFL quality receiver and may be fewer than that NFL offensive linemen. Good thing we have plenty of free agent dollars for DBs though. Suspect this bad season was baked in the cake when the Jets didn't sign Nate Solder or someone like that. Or 2 or 3 someone like that. 

Moron Bowles keeps saying "We addressed it' about penalties but they keep happening. Not sure how any owner likes hearing that when nothing ever changes. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We said the same about Geno. Weapons this, play calling that. The QB played like ass. I can’t stand Bowles either, but be honest here.

Geno played behind Ferguson and Mangold.

Darnold sure as hell didnt get that privilege.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bowles wanted Bridgewater, for better or worse. You have to take the lumps with the rookie QB, but Darnold tonight was why they lost.  He was dreadful.

What game were you watching?  We have no blocking, limited running game, receivers who can't get open, or hold onto the ball and a defense who can't stop a rookie QB In his first half of football.  Football is played with 22 people not 1 QB,  Brady couldn't win with this team.  Darnold is the least of our worries.  I've been a huge Macc apologist for too long, time to flush the toilet.

7 minutes ago, freestater said:

Who is in charge? The guy who is letting this butt wiping and other outrageous penalties go on needs to gtfo. Like Parcells said, either you're  coaching it, or you're allowing it

Parcells would get the electric chair in this environment. I agree about the dumb ass penalties but what was once criticized by the media is now enabled. There’s nothing you can do anymore other than tell the players to stop. The Yankees have guys that refuse to run hard to first base and Girardi got canned for telling them to try harder.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Darnold completed 49% of his passes with zero tds and two picks. That loses at every level.

It’s easy to blame the QB, it’s harder to look at all factors. Darnold was not good, but the coaching was awful. The coaching was much worse than Darnold was as a QB

7 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Its the ongoing penalties.  3rd and 10, incomplete.  Nope, taunting.  And taunting after td.  

The team has no discipline.  None.  Really disappointing.

The Fker we paid like 80 million dollars to had two of the three penalties in that series of events. 

I've always thought Bowles was a terrible coach.

One example for a lack of coaching, 2 minute drill to end game. After the Pryor reception for 20 something yards, you kill the clock. You don't run up to the line and call an audible, because you are wasting time. The 3 downs for 10 yards don't matter because if you can't move ahead 10 yards in 3 plays, the game most likely is over anyway. The coach has to call for the spike there.

The play calling is way too predictable, and the Jets just don't seem to have the weapons.

Is it me or does Robby look defeated? That's 2 major fumbles.

They have to invest in the OL because it's attrocious. They need a pass rushers because they can't create pressure with just blitzes.

I don't know what Bowles has done to keep his job. He lost the locker room with Geno/Fitz/Sheldon/Marshall, which required a cleaning. Defense has been mediocre, which was his specialty. Once Tyrod was out, it was like the team didn't know another QB was allowed to play.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If Sam can only throw screens, bench him.  If it's the OC just calling crap games, fire him.  Tonight.

THIS is why its on Bowles.......if the problem is Sam then he is not ready to play, if the problem is the OC then WHAT THE FUG ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT??????? 

Either way you are supposed to be in charge, the leader, the boss, El muthafuggin Capitan!!!

This happened on your watch, you need a new job. 

Just now, jetspenguin said:

THIS is why its on Bowles.......if the problem is Sam then he is not ready to play, if the problem is the OC then WHAT THE FUG ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT??????? 

Either way you are supposed to be in charge, the leader, the boss, El muthafuggin Capitan!!!

This happened on your watch, you need a new job. 

I'm giving Bowles until week 6 until I judge him.  These were two short weeks with a 21 year old QB.

Next week vs the Jags should be a disaster.

Just no more phuckin WR screens please! 

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

I was so pissed.

Yank his butt off the field 

No you see this is the Bowles norm.  When nickerson was getting too riled up again but did not take a penalty the db coach was screaming in his face.  Bowles lets vets walk all over him, always has always will.  He said mo wilk played well and with effort last year in one of the worst displays of laziness by a Dlineman I had ever seen.  He's an awful coach and we have had the same problems for the last 4 years.  He is rex without the mouth.  All he cares about or knows is D schemes and that is it.

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Johnsons have three enticing things to offer a new GM and HC...

1. A ton of Cap room in 2019

2. A likely Top 10 draft pick

3. A potential franchise QB

This would be the offseason to make the move.  The Jets would actually be attractive to some candidates, hopefully offensive-minded ones.

I'm game, I just cant off the top of my head think of someone I want that is available......except maybe David Shaw.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm giving Bowles until week 6 until I judge him.  These were two short weeks with a 21 year old QB.

Next week vs the Jags should be a disaster.

Just no more phuckin WR screens please! 

its all these throws behind the los that is driving me crazy.......WAY too many. We dont have to be dropping bombs but this offense is flat out embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

its all these throws behind the los that is driving me crazy.......WAY too many. We dont have to be dropping bombs but this offense is flat out embarrassing. 

And the weekly 30yd passes across the field.  Smh...

Bates is just horrible.

Well if we do fire Bowles I just hope we try something different this time ...let’s think out of the box . How about .....an up and coming Coordinator, preferably zero knowledge of how to use the new rules to generate offense , no interest at all in developing a young QB...and we definitely a Defensive mastermind  that will need to use many high draft picks on defense...oh and he should have no knowledge at all at how to manage the clock .....something new , I would give that a shot . 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It won't happen until after the season of course. But tonight was it. The Browns were favored. They hadn't won in two years. Your team is up by double digits. Then the wheels fell off.

Stupid penalty after stupid penalty.  They got out played and out coached in the 2nd half. These are the things you get graded on.

Next few weeks are rough, this was the game to win to send a message about what you wanted this season to be. You failed this city.

Not sure how you give Macc another draft. Robby Anderson is considered one of the better receivers and he was an UDFA who beat out your two draft picks last year. Robby is like 140lbs and gets out muscled often. Maybe they could throw down the field to him, oh but Macc never drafts offensive lineman so they have to call plays like Pennington is the QB.

Fun stuff. But Bowles did himself in tonight, he is going to need to pull some serious upsets the next few weeks to reverse the course of this season.

From your lips to God's ears to an earthquake that shakes the ground under the Johnson's feet to wake them the hell up and start firing some people. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It won't happen until after the season of course. But tonight was it. The Browns were favored. They hadn't won in two years. Your team is up by double digits. Then the wheels fell off.

Stupid penalty after stupid penalty.  They got out played and out coached in the 2nd half. These are the things you get graded on.

Next few weeks are rough, this was the game to win to send a message about what you wanted this season to be. You failed this city.

Not sure how you give Macc another draft. Robby Anderson is considered one of the better receivers and he was an UDFA who beat out your two draft picks last year. Robby is like 140lbs and gets out muscled often. Maybe they could throw down the field to him, oh but Macc never drafts offensive lineman so they have to call plays like Pennington is the QB.

Fun stuff. But Bowles did himself in tonight, he is going to need to pull some serious upsets the next few weeks to reverse the course of this season.

You’re looking at losses to the Jags and Broncos. They’d be lucky to beat the Colts to get to 2-4. 

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Disagree completely, coaching is why we lost, awful coaching. Darnold struggled, they did nothing to put him in a position to succeed. That game was a display of awful coaching

It doesn't help that this team has drafted 2 quality O-lineman this millennium and they both retired years ago....

Archived