Let's just leave this right here for later in the year... (2019 Draft Order)

jetstream23

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

this tells me we need to lose Sunday and the rest of the games. There is no purpose in winning as it ruins our S or SB draft position

I think we want the young kids, especially Darnold to succeed. So I won't be rooting for Darnold to throw incompletions/INTs at any point this season even if it means going from #6 to #10 in the draft. I also want Darnold to win some games with his arm. 

If we were tanking for a QB I would agree, but to tank to draft slightly higher isn't really as beneficial to this team's long term success. 

To me, it doesn't matter if we're anywhere from 6 to 10.  We need to trade back in the 1st round anyway.  This team isn't just missing one or two players.....we need to find at least 3-4 new starters on offense plus a pass rusher.  I'd trade back 10 spots and try to get a 2nd rounder.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think we want the young kids, especially Darnold to succeed. So I won't be rooting for Darnold to throw incompletions/INTs at any point this season even if it means going from #6 to #10 in the draft. I also want Darnold to win some games with his arm. 

If we were tanking for a QB I would agree, but to tank to draft slightly higher isn't really as beneficial to this team's long term success. 

Yeah. Normally this is the part of the season where I’d be screaming for us to play Bryce Petty (or his nonunion Mexican equivalent) to get a better draft pick, but that’s really just in service of finding the QB. Unless you’re 100% sold that Darnold’s not the guy and never will be, and equally sold that Maccagnan or his successor would pull the trigger on another top-10 QB next year, you need to be rooting for him to pull himself out of this and win four or five of these last seven.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah. Normally this is the part of the season where I’d be screaming for us to play Bryce Petty (or his nonunion Mexican equivalent) to get a better draft pick, but that’s really just in service of finding the QB. Unless you’re 100% sold that Darnold’s not the guy and never will be, and equally sold that Maccagnan or his successor would pull the trigger on another top-10 QB next year, you need to be rooting for him to pull himself out of this and win four or five of these last seven.

I'm kind of in between your position and the all out tankers. I want Sam to improve and win a game with his arm but I don't wanna be 7-9 and give Toilet another year. 5-11, with Sam playing great in the two wins and the rest a bunch of games that continue to display how unprepared, uniimaginative this team is, lack of adjustments, etc.

I mean, with a healthy back up who can snap the ball, how does Toilet even have a job today?

Giants, cleveland, maybe SF (better coaching) are better teams than the jets. So it is very possible we can climb up further. I'm kind of stunned that the giants with ODB, barkley, solder, evan ingram, etc. are 2 games worse than the jets!!

Might our Jets be selecting with the 3rd overall pick again for the 2nd year in a row in next years draft? I think so if the Bills beat us this weekend. We ain't winning in Buffalo. Jets may get swept by the AFC East this year. 3-13 is a strong possibility. Let's take a look at our remaining s schedule.

Week 10: Buffalo Bills

Week 11: Bye Week

Week 12: New England Patriots

Week 13: @ Tennessee Titans

Week 14: @ Buffalo Bills

Week 15: Houston Texans

Week 16: Green Bay Packers

Week 17: @ New England Patriots

Let's just admit we are not beating Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. That's 3 more losses.  We ain't beating the Texans either. In fact we should just play Josh McCown in that game and let him get killed by JJ Watt. That's 4 losses. We won't beat the Titans on the road. That's 5 losses. It all comes down to the two games we have against the Bills that will determine our draft position. I don't see us winning in Buffalo no matter who is the Bills quarterback. The last chance for a win is the Bills this week. The 2018 Jets are finishing either 4-12 or 3-13. 

We'll likely have a top 3 pick. We aren't catching the Raiders or Giants. We will pick 3rd overall for the second draft in a row, but won't have to trade three 2nd round picks to get there. 

Hopefully our next GM can trade down and acquire a ransom to restock our bare roster cupboards due to a lot of Mac's misses. That way we don't have to blow all our upcoming salary cap space just to stay in purgatory.

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think we will stay around that spot.  Cleveland and frisco could pass us but probably only one of them.  We will be at our usual comfy, best D player falls in our laps 6.

i'm not so sure about that.  if sunday is any indication of the rest of the season i can see the jets picking as high as 3rd.  the giaints will pick first followed by jokeland.  sf is going to win about 4.

I really like the idea of having McCown start the tough games at the end of the year to preserve Darnold for next year.  Last thing we need is DArnold getting hurt.  Let McCown earn his money. 

darnold has seen enough this year.  

That is what Chris should decree.  Put Darnold in IR. 

Slowly but surely, DT prospects will increasingly be mocked to the Jets... Then the brain washing will begin--

• posters will begin to make up pseudo-arguments ala "Well, you know... he IS the best player available..."... and
  • fans will begin talking themselves into SEC Defensive tackle #213B00023
  • We'll begin talking ourselves out of other positions... "You don't take a WR in the 1st"
  • Someone ahead of us will be the recipient of random OT who's considered a top 5 pick

And then will be done. Another year, another dline pick..... 

"Gurley? Don't be stupid, you don't pass on a ten year stud like Leo Williams"

-Jet fans, 2015

12 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

this tells me we need to lose Sunday and the rest of the games. There is no purpose in winning as it ruins our S or SB draft position

Let Sam ball out and win games. That will mean more down the road than anything else.

2 hours ago, varjet said:

I really like the idea of having McCown start the tough games at the end of the year to preserve Darnold for next year.  Last thing we need is DArnold getting hurt.  Let McCown earn his money. 

darnold has seen enough this year.  

That is what Chris should decree.  Put Darnold in IR. 

That would be a terrible way to mess with the kids head and ego.

Archived