Jump to content

Let's just leave this right here for later in the year... (2019 Draft Order)


jetstream23
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Yep. Some are saying we could beat the Bills in Buffalo. LOL

I remember some writing down wins for the Fins and todays game. priceless.

Today's game was their last chance to win a game, and they let the Buffalo Bills drop a 40 burger on them. I sure hope the Johnson's will soon be discussing firing both Maccagnan and Bowles, if they haven't already.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strength of schedule (against) looks like it will be beneficial to the Jets given we play Buffalo again and have faced several teams with losing records like Cleveland, Denver, Indianapolis, Detroit, etc.

Among bad teams the Jets were actually pretty good until recently with losses vs. Miami (twice) and now Buffalo.  They had beaten 3-ish win teams like Detroit, Indy and Denver.

Sad to say but this is what I'll be watching the rest of the way.  There's no doubt we'll be drafting in Top 7 in my opinion.  My guess is that we end up right where we are now at #5.  Not sure we can "out lose" San Fran, Oakland, Arizona or the Giants the rest of the way but you never know!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Strength of schedule (against) looks like it will be beneficial to the Jets given we play Buffalo again and have faced several teams with losing records like Cleveland, Denver, Indianapolis, Detroit, etc.

Among bad teams the Jets were actually pretty good until recently with losses vs. Miami (twice) and now Buffalo.  They had beaten 3-ish win teams like Detroit, Indy and Denver.

Sad to say but this is what I'll be watching the rest of the way.  There's no doubt we'll be drafting in Top 7 in my opinion.  My guess is that we end up right where we are now at #5.  Not sure we can "out lose" San Fran, Oakland, Arizona or the Giants the rest of the way but you never know!!!

We will probably pick 6th :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated with today's results...

Really wanted the Cardinals to win.  The game vs. Oakland today was really their last winnable game.  I think the Cards end up with a Top 2 pick for sure.  Possibly in the Head Coach hunt this offseason as well.  I think Wilks could be a goner.

Assuming things end roughly where they are now I think both Jacksonville and Tampa Bay could be good trade-back candidates as they'd want to jump the Giants for a QB.  Wouldn't that be grand!?!?!?  Slide back a few spots, still get one of the Top 2 Offensive Tackles in the Draft and screw the Giants out of taking the first QB.  :P 

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 5.18.54 PM.png

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Updated with today's results...

Really wanted the Cardinals to win.  The game vs. Oakland today was really their last winnable game.  I think the Cards end up with a Top 2 pick for sure.  Possibly in the Head Coach hunt this offseason as well.  I think Wilks could be a goner.

Assuming things end roughly where they are now I think both Jacksonville and Tampa Bay could be good trade-back candidates as they'd want to jump the Giants for a QB.  Wouldn't that be grand!?!?!?  Slide back a few spots, still get one of the Top 2 Offensive Tackles in the Draft and screw the Giants out of taking the first QB.  :P 

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 5.18.54 PM.png

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think we're losing out. Jets have a habit of splitting with Buffalo and the Bills have been pretty unreliable at home this year.

Jets have taken a big dip in efficiency numbers but I think injuries have played a huge part of that. We should be getting healthier right around when we're playing Houston/Bills/Titans. I think we're finishing with 5 or 6 wins. I'm usually all about losing out for higher picks but Darnold finishing the season on a high note would be way, way better than losing out tbh.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I disagree.  Picking at 2 vs. 5 gives a LOT of options for trading back and still getting an elite player at a position of need while possibly recouping a 2nd round pick.

Picking #1 would be an unbelievable benefit.  Trading back to #5 could still get us the Bama LT plus a boatload of picks.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think we're losing out. Jets have a habit of splitting with Buffalo and the Bills have been pretty unreliable at home this year.

Jets have taken a big dip in efficiency numbers but I think injuries have played a huge part of that. We should be getting healthier right around when we're playing Houston/Bills/Titans. I think we're finishing with 5 or 6 wins. I'm usually all about losing out for higher picks but Darnold finishing the season on a high note would be way, way better than losing out tbh.

I'm not sure I see any way they Jets end up with more than 5 wins.  I think 4 looks the most likely with another 5-11 season very possible.

Agree 100% on Darnold.  I still think he can have a successful conclusion to the season even if the Jets finish something like 2-4 over their final 6 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Jets will win a game for no reason and end up picking 6-9 range. You might as well just accept it now. 

This too. But the good news is that this year it's not going to cost us anything all that great. Top of this draft looks like it's mostly DL and DB and **** all that noise. The only offensive players (non-QB) getting projected top-10 are OT, and I think that's worth missing out on if it helps Darnold. If all the WR's grade out for the mid-first we're fine.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think we're losing out. Jets have a habit of splitting with Buffalo and the Bills have been pretty unreliable at home this year.

Jets have taken a big dip in efficiency numbers but I think injuries have played a huge part of that. We should be getting healthier right around when we're playing Houston/Bills/Titans. I think we're finishing with 5 or 6 wins. I'm usually all about losing out for higher picks but Darnold finishing the season on a high note would be way, way better than losing out tbh.

Jesus, I hope we don’t finish with 6 wins, Toilet will get another extension then!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This too. But the good news is that this year it's not going to cost us anything all that great. Top of this draft looks like it's mostly DL and DB and **** all that noise. The only offensive players (non-QB) getting projected top-10 are OT, and I think that's worth missing out on if it helps Darnold. If all the WR's that grade out for the mid-first that's fine.

Agreed. I want to pick where it's a "no brainer" to pick an OL instead of defense. If we pick top 2 we aren't going to be able to trade out and will probably pick a pass rusher. As much as I want Bosa, we need offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Jesus, I hope we don’t finish with 6 wins, Toilet will get another extension then!

I think people are underrating how slightly below average this team is when it's healthy. They're not that good but they're not that terrible either when all of the guys are out there. Not a playoff team but certainly enough to give Houston or Tennessee a game. Wouldn't pencil either in as L's just yet.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Jesus, I hope we don’t finish with 6 wins, Toilet will get another extension then!

Jets finish out 3-3 and I guarantee you Chris Johnson will be trying to figure out how to explain away keeping Bowles. You have to remember Chris gave him a two year extension not one. That means he wants to keep him badly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think people are underrating how slightly below average this team is when it's healthy. They're not that good but they're not that terrible either when all of the guys are out there. Not a playoff team but certainly enough to give Houston or Tennessee a game. Wouldn't pencil either in as L's just yet.

Fair point.

They somehow found ways to beat Detroit, Denver and Indy.  Indy looks very good and we beat them in a shootout.  Denver just beat a Top 4 LA Chargers team.

The Jets are completely schizophrenic.  How do you beat Indianapolis and then lose by 30 to Buffalo a couple weeks later?  To me it is very clearly coaching as the main cause and roster depletion/injuries a close second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just looked at our final 6 games remaining

vs. Pats

@ Titans

@ Bills

vs. Texans

vs. Packers

@ Pats

We're definitely not losing out. I think we beat the Bills at the very least. The Titans and Texans run hot and cold. And that Week 17 game against NE may come down to if there's playoff implications. If the Pats are locked in, they may rest their players.

I predict the Jets will lose to NE out the bye week, lose to Tennessee, beat Buffalo & Houston, then lose to Green Bay.

Whether or not the Pats rest their starters will determine whether we finish 5-11 or 6-10. Taking a quick look at the standings though, and the Pats will have competition for a 1st round bye. So pencil us in for a 5-11 finish

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just looked at the other teams schedule. Whew, the Raiders and Cardinals have a very tough schedule going forward. I can't see us leapfrogging them in the draft. The 49ers have some winnable games, but I'm willing to bet they finish with a worse record than us.

I think the best pick we can end up with is 3rd, but the most likely outcome is us ending with the 4th or 5th pick. And maybe lower, because I didn't even look at the schedules of the other 3-7 or 4-6 teams that could potentially leapfrog us by seasons end

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, King P said:

Just looked at our final 6 games remaining

vs. Pats

@ Titans

@ Bills

vs. Texans

vs. Packers

@ Pats

We're definitely not losing out. I think we beat the Bills at the very least. The Titans and Texans run hot and cold. And that Week 17 game against NE may come down to if there's playoff implications. If the Pats are locked in, they may rest their players.

I predict the Jets will lose to NE out the bye week, lose to Tennessee, beat Buffalo & Houston, then lose to Green Bay.

Whether or not the Pats rest their starters will determine whether we finish 5-11 or 6-10. Taking a quick look at the standings though, and the Pats will have competition for a 1st round bye. So pencil us in for a 5-11 finish

Watch us go 3-12 and then Belichick alters his decision-making to let use win so we don't get the top pick in the draft.  That seems like the kind of scenario that would play out for this franchise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...