4 years of undisciplined football.

johnnyjet

Thing is that had a look at mayfield before half, knew he was coming back. What the hec did he work on during halftime ??
I would assume it is not easy to get an entire team to be in sync and change an entire game plan in 15 minutes. They should have done a better job than they did but I mean it's not like we had lots of film for them to study on baker before the game. Would like to see how baker looks against other defenses this year it could still turn out that we played pretty good against him.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

This is the difference between a winner and a loser. It's no different with organizations. Winners don't excuse sh*t like that as it permits it to continue. 

Difference between winning and losing NFL games is in attention to details. Cannot keep telling us "It will be addressed" and the same dumb stuff keeps happening.

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I would assume it is not easy to get an entire team to be in sync and change an entire game plan in 15 minutes. They should have done a better job than they did but I mean it's not like we had lots of film for them to study on baker before the game. Would like to see how baker looks against other defenses this year it could still turn out that we played pretty good against him.

I'll tell you this, Mayfield got away with running around in the pocket on that throw to the sideline, but he was crushed on the strip fumble (they got lucky in bounced right to the olineman), but at his small stature he'll eventually get hurt in this league. 

His streak of just getting into shotgun with no pressure (Jets D was spent after blitzing Tyrod in the entire 1st half) will not be the norm as a smart DC will start jumping those 3 step throws. 

I think he's gonna be a good QB, but I also think he won't be able to do that jitterbug sh*t in the pocket without getting crushed from the blindside sooner or later. Jets have zero pass rush & EVERYONE knows it. 

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

We all know Todd Bowles is nowhere near the halftime adjuster genius of say bill B.B. but he should still have been able to change the game plan 

On 9/21/2018 at 7:13 AM, johnnyjet said:

That’s what we’ve been subjected to.  Stupid penalties at critical moments of the games, lousy clock management, a defense that can never get offf the field. Always giving up a critical 3rd and what ever.  This all falls on coaching. Specifically Todd Bowles.  I’m done with this clueless fool he needs to be fired. Now.  

Not to mention wasted time outs. This team blows at least one time out per game because they didn't get the play in, lined up wrong or had the wrong personnel on the field. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'll tell you this, Mayfield got away with running around in the pocket on that throw to the sideline, but he was crushed on the strip fumble (they got lucky in bounced right to the olineman), but at his small stature he'll eventually get hurt in this league. 

His streak of just getting into shotgun with no pressure (Jets D was spent after blitzing Tyrod in the entire 1st half) will not be the norm as a smart DC will start jumping those 3 step throws. 

I think he's gonna be a good QB, but I also think he won't be able to do that jitterbug sh*t in the pocket without getting crushed from the blindside sooner or later. Jets have zero pass rush & EVERYONE knows it. 

How good would Khalil Mack look in green and white? Mac should have matched the Bears offer or bettered it. Mack is a HOF player who would have made all the difference on this team and Jets would probably be 3-0 right now and a scary defensive team. But, no the Jets NEVER make the bold move to put the team over the top.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Turns an ordinary QB into a SUPERSTAR when he has all day to throw to WR's and TE's who eventually get open. 

Same thing happened in Miami last year when Moore came in. I posted the #s they were almost IDENTICAL to Mayfields. Mayfield GOT AWAY with a strip fumble (ball bounced right into the Oline mans hands), and he got away with a pick in the Redzone when Middleton dropped a pass right at his chest. Any of those 2 plays go differently & those stupid beer coolers would still have chains on them. And of course the totally unwarranted penalty on Johnson that started the entire chain reaction of events that followed it.

oh boy.  bowles is really getting it after the two losses.  can't say i disagree with what's going on.  the defensive scheming did look pretty good in the first half but then gave up just too many stupid plays in the second.  i'm not going to say the jets need an offensive minded coach.  a good coach is going to know all aspects of the game and will have served in a number of capacities on his way up . but it sure seems bowles isn't getting his players to play smart football.  this is a huge problem.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

oh boy.  bowles is really getting it after the two losses.  can't say i disagree with what's going on.  the defensive scheming did look pretty good in the first half but then gave up just too many stupid plays in the second.  i'm not going to say the jets need an offensive minded coach.  a good coach is going to know all aspects of the game and will have served in a number of capacities on his way up . but it sure seems bowles isn't getting his players to play smart football.  this is a huge problem.

His strategy sucks.  His defense chokes.  His players are undisciplined.  He can’t finish teams off.  Everything a coach is hired to do, he failed miserably vs the browns and the whole nation saw it.  He’s been here nearly 4 years.  What exactly has this coach shown to make anyone think he’s worthy of the job?  

After taking all the blame following the loss Thursday night, Bowles said Friday that the penalty problem that plagues his team is not a coaching issue. 

“Well, the penalties are definitely on the players. Coaches can’t play for them,” Bowles said. “We understand situations and we know what to do and what not to do. Guys got to be calmer in certain situations.”

He should be fired immediately.  He has no earthly clue, at all.  It is a coaches problem and you make it a big problem for players by making their life miserable if they take dumb penalties.

Hey every one is going to make a mistake, if you are mismatched or just have a problem the odd time fine but the kind of penalties this team has taken are brainless and selfish and moronic.  You CAN do something about that.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

His strategy sucks.  His defense chokes.  His players are undisciplined.  He can’t finish teams off.  Everything a coach is hired to do, he failed miserably vs the browns and the whole nation saw it.  He’s been here nearly 4 years.  What exactly has this coach shown to make anyone think he’s worthy of the job?  

Yup, I ask this every week. 

On 9/21/2018 at 5:26 AM, Bugg said:

The teams that see the Jets on film every week can simply plug in any game since Bowles got here. There are almost no defensive adjustments nor wrinkles. Same defense every down;rush 4 , often a soft zone with big ass cushions. Have no idea if they keep the stat, but opposing offenses must convert 3rd down at a higher rate vs. the Jets than any other defense. 

NFL.COM STATS, TEAM STATS, TOTAL DEFENSE sorted by the 3rd down% column. (middling)

image.png

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We just got too excited,” Enunwa said. “Thursday night and we lost our composure. We’re a smarter team than that. It’s unfortunate we put that out there on Thursday night in front of everybody.”

They believed they were going to win with 38 mins still left to play....

I was willing to give Bowles the benefit of the doubt but the evidence is damning. He is in way over his head.

He got outcoached by Gase and Hue Jackson badly, and I don't see it getting any better for the rest of the season. He looks lost on the sidelines, like he's still processing what happened on the previous play as the ball snaps.

I should've known this would not work when he couldn't find a respectable OC in the offseason. He doesn't seem to have strong connections within the NFL like I thought he did. His coordinators are not impressive at all.

Time to move on, but it probably won't happen until after the season. I just hope Darnold makes it through 16 games in one piece.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've supported Bowles, but he's gotta figure out that he can't treat all of his players like men because many are not. What works with players like Q, Kearse, Darnold, Powell, Jenkins and McClendon (i.e. simply telling them what is expected of them), does not work with Skrine, Anderson, Johnson, and Crowell --- Some guys need you to yell at, others you need to ignore, some you need to bench, others you need to challenge or belittle in order to motivate them to do their job and  play well. It strikes me as odd that Parcells mentors Bowles and he was a master at this, while Bowles ignores this reality and thinks telling a player to make it so finishes the deal.

There is a difference between a team loosing because they are outmatched or have too many shortcomings and a team the is sloppy, undisciplined, and rarely plays a full 60 minutes. Unsportsmanlike penalties, pre-snap penalties, giving up on routes, not diving for a fumble - this is a discipline/coaching problem. Mac could go out tomorrow and sign 5 new OL and a PR and a WR and we would still find a way to loose a game against a great team. A team must finish; can't claim it is a field position battle and give up 45 yards in unsportsmanlike penalties. Dumb, very dumb.

Archived