Honestly, would have rather we lost 35-0

ASH1962

Trying to get to sleep after losses like that sucks which is why I hate and despise these night games. This type of loss is the absolute worst as us Jet fans are well accustomed to. Leading the entire game only to come back to lose at the end because our defense gets tired and can never EVER make a play to win a game late. Be honest, they put forth the most boring, scared, vanilla offensive game plan I have ever seen. This was Tony Sparano (RIP) bad. I think they got scared at the specter of the Browns D., just as they will with the Jags, Broncos, Vikes, Bears and everyone else probably.

Other thoughts

Trumaine penalty was a game changer, we were off the field with momentum and that basically gave them the ball back after which they kicked a FG. He looks like a liability out there as well most games. This guy was all pro? Browns receivers were wide open all game, even when Ta-Rod the stiff was in there.

Crowell sticking the ball up his arse after scoring was Odell stupid and if Bowles had any balls, he would fine and bench this guy for at least one game, problem is, we have no one else to replace him. What the ever loving god damned hell is wrong with these guys?

Who else sitting there watching last night did not think we would be doggie doo doo the minute Mayfield came in the game? It was almost as if the whole thing was fixed, the script was so perfectly written and followed to a "T". What irks me most is their guys throw the ball, their guys catch the ball in traffic and are wide open all over the field, as well as catch balls with defenders all over them, and we fumble the ball every week, we miss open receivers repeatedly, and never EVER EVER EVER take a shot down field. Does our CS know what a PI penalty is? They should, we've had them called against our defense enough times. They do not even try. It is disgusting. I can't in all of my memory remember a worse offensive game plan than what I saw last night. This is the most scared, afraid, chicken $hit team I have ever watched. Not one single long pass to try to pick up a PI penalty or god forbid a long completion. The god damned ref's are always flag happy, yet we never try to exploit that. How about a quick slant across the middle like Mayfield threw several times? I mean the offensive game plan  is so stale and boring, it is pathetic tbh.

Are we to believe that if we drafted Mayfield, Darnold would have come in last night and lit us up like the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree as Baker did last night? I have never felt as embarrassed as I did last night watching their rookie QB with zero RS snaps, make our rookie QB who everyone was fawning over 2 weeks ago look slow and inaccurate. Robbie Anderson should be cut or benched immediately. We can go out and sign FA's who can fumble the ball every week inside our 20, giving easy points to the opponent, with a lot less headaches and off the field issues. He is over rated, frail, and not strong enough to hold the ball when surrounded by defenders unlike Calloway and Landry last night. Those guys caught everything in sight, while we could not complete a pass drive after drive.

Now to our QB. I am truly and utterly shocked at how bad he looked last night. He reminded me of Hackenberg for most of the game, cement shoes, missing throws, giving up on plays, not completing any passes for long periods of time, granted he was rushed a lot, but what happened to his escape ability and ability to extend plays that we had heard non stop for the first 2 weeks? I said during the game that he looked like something was off, like he was in slow motion. Mayfield played at a much faster speed then Darnold and I do not understand why, Darnold is 21 friggin years old, he is too young to be so slow unless he is injured already. Also, it continues to drive me at nuts how long it takes to get a play called and get up to the LOS. This is the third week where we had to waste multiple TO's in the first half because of slow play calling. If you noticed, the play clock was down to under .05 on every single play.

Defense was great in the first half only. I believe they got tired but regardless, they stopped being aggressive in the second half and hit Mayfield once and of course the ball bounced right into a Browns hands - heaven forbid we ever get a break. In typical Bowles fashion, they tried to sit on a 14-3 lead and basically did nothing after 14-0. Bart Scott thinks they got tired because of blitzing all first half long. These guys make gazilliions of dollars, they should not be getting tired. You or I can go in and play for much less and get tired too.

I do not know where to turn this morning. You can blame the HC / GM both of which deserve everything they get. Great thing is I no longer have to waste my Sundays, or get emotionally involved in this team until such time as we have a team that is respectable at least. This is going to be 1-8 before you turn around, barring a miracle. Remember, this team wilts at just the specter of a good pass rush as witnessed last night and we have the best of the best upcoming LOL

@Jags

Broncos

Colts

Vikes

@Bears LOL

@Phins 

NE twice after Bye

I think and feel so. Waking up today to go to work was so damn difficult, even though I fully expected to lose this game, to be ahead for 99% of the game and give it away in the end, like they have done so many times never coming up with a big play is so frustrating.

Well once you realize that this is nothing more than entertainment, tell me that you weren't on the edge of your seat all night?

35-0 games are dull and boring, 

Winning any way is fun

Losing a close game disappointing but full of drama and memorable twists and turns

Losing a blowout is a waste of time in this frighteningly short life of ours 

… and none of these actually impact your life in any way manner shape or form

Archived