GreenWhite

The next three years (Wash, Rinse, Repeat)

I always thought it was funny to hear Jets fans NOT want Kirk Cousins. The only advantage the Jets have in this league is Cap Space and they could have definitely made a run in 2019 and 2020 building around draft picks and cap space (still would have had plenty left even with KC).

Instead we end up trading a bunch of draft picks for a lottery ticket. Even though Sam Darnold was well regarded in the media’s view there was no guarantee he will be good. 

So what now? These are the next three years 

2018: Sam Darnold looks awful on so many levels out of the gate. Happy Feet, poor accuracy, unimpressive arm talent. Right now the pick looks terrible and we finish 4-12 and land #6 pick in the draft. 

2019: The Jets will try to sell the fact that Darnold is extremely young (which he is) and single out a few good games. They will throw the fans a bone by firing Bowles, and hiring an Offensive guy to fix Darnold. In the offseason they will add a few low impact & overpaid free agents, but the roster will continue to lack depth (lack of draft picks from Darnold trade). The Darnold hype will continue in Year 2 and his supporters will defend his poor play. McCagnan keeps his job as result. Unfortunately for the young man the excuse meter runs out in year 2 and another bad year puts his job in peril. Jets finish 5-11 in 2019 Mike McCagnan is fired and Sam Darnold is fighting for his career in the offseason 

2020: By now the shine on Sam Darnold has worn off. A new GM is at the helm and he wants to evaluate Sam and the current coaching staff for a year before making a decision. Even though it’s obvious by now Sam is not going to be a great QB we pass on some good QB prospects in the draft with the plan on drafting a QB in the following season if Sam doesn’t work out. In the preseason Sam Darnold gets hurt and gets replaced by journeyman Sam Bradford. Bradford has a great season for the Jets and they go 9-7, but miss the playoffs. 

• Downvote 9
  • Butt Fumble 10

1 minute ago, GreenWhite said:

I always thought it was funny to hear Jets fans NOT want Kirk Cousins. The only advantage the Jets have in this league is Cap Space and they could have definitely made a run in 2019 and 2020 building around draft picks and cap space (still would have had plenty left even with KC).

Instead we end up trading a bunch of draft picks for a lottery ticket. Even though Sam Darnold was well regarded in the media’s view there was no guarantee he will be good. 

2018: Sam Darnold looks awful on so many levels out of the gate. Happy Feet, poor accuracy, unimpressive arm talent. Right now the pick looks terrible and we finish 4-12 and land #6 pick in the draft. 

2019: The Jets will try to sell the fact that Darnold is extremely young (which he is) and single out a few good games. They will throw the fans a bone by firing Bowles, and hiring an Offensive guy to fix Darnold. In the offseason they will add a few low impact & overpaid free agents, but the roster will continue to lack depth (lack of draft picks from Darnold trade). The Darnold hype will continue in Year 2 and his supporters will defend his poor play. McCagnan keeps his job as result. Unfortunately for the young man the excuse meter runs out in year 2 and another bad year puts his job in peril. Jets finish 5-11 in 2019 Mike McCagnan is fired and Sam Darnold is fighting for his career in the offseason 

2020: By now the shine on Sam Darnold has worn off. A new GM is at the helm and he wants to evaluate Sam and the current coaching staff for a year before making a decision. Even though it’s obvious by now Sam is not going to be a great QB we pass on some good QB prospects in the draft with the plan on drafting a QB in the following season if Sam doesn’t work out. In the preseason Sam Darnold gets hurt and gets replaced by journeyman Sam Bradford. Bradford has a great season for the Jets and they go 9-7, but miss the playoffs. 

If there's a regime change after the season anything is fair game. I dont see either guy getting fired though with Woody overseas.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RoadFan said:

And the short-sighted overreactions just keep pouring in.

The only thing absolutely bad about the Jets right now is Bowles' teams are undisciplined.  That won't change. 

Sam played in his 3rd game against a very good defense that just did quite well against Ben and Brees. 

Relax.

Darnold is a problem. Not a solution. 

• Downvote 4
  • Butt Fumble 10

7 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

I think it's WAY too early for this, an I am neither a homer nor a Bowles/Macc/Darnold excuse-maker, for what it's worth.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenWhite said:

2 and a half days to prep behind a sh*t OL.  Stick a sock in it...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

kirk cousins would look like sh*t with no oilne, no rbs, sh*tty wr and lousy tight ends.

Neal Sterling has been injured last 2 games knocked out against Miami early in the game. 

Another bone head Bowles move putting your best TE on special teams thats how he got injured (concussion). 

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

And the short-sighted overreactions just keep pouring in.

The only thing absolutely bad about the Jets right now is Bowles' teams are undisciplined.  That won't change. 

Sam played in his 3rd game against a very good defense that just did quite well against Ben and Brees...with 2 and a half days to prep.  THIS IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE WANTED FOR HIM TO START WEEK 1.  NOW LET HIM LEARN.

Relax.

Good common sense post but the angry mob crowd doesn't want to hear it. How quickly these mOrons would have changed had the Jets won. You're right, they wanted him to start so now after 3 games the conclusion is "he sucks" . "Now let him learn" Relax everyone.

10 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

You conclude this after 3 games ? Clueless   :rl:

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

2 and a half days to prep behind a sh*t OL.  Stick a sock in it...

He's totally clueless

I'm concerned for Sam but not because of Sam if that makes any sense? My concern is the lack of efficiency from our front office down to the coaching staff. The ineffective drafting,poor staffing and consistently bad gameplans is going to hinder his confidence and development . How many sweeps and screens did we run last night?!?!?! we went up 14-0 and the ultra conservative coaching staff came out in full force 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

kirk cousins would look like sh*t with no oilne, no rbs, sh*tty wr and lousy tight ends.

Agreed, but a Cousins signing with a first rounder and two seconds could have netted three starters (lol). In theory. But Macc sux. 

• Upvote 1

So you would rather have Kirk Cousins, with the same Putrid talent on offense, AND no $$$ to improve the team in 2019 and beyond because it all went to Cousins 🤦🏾‍♂️

Man I really wish some of you would take a hike after a loss 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

so, a new account to troll Sam....

classy

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets offered Cousins more money than Minny. He looked at our roster and staff, laughed, and said no thanks.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Jets offered Cousins more money than Minny. He looked at our roster and staff, laughed, and said no thanks.

Vikes D, or Jets D?

Viles OL, or Jets OL?

artworks-000089992008-r2uew1-t500x500.jp

• Upvote 1

This is drivel.  Get a real head coach in the door in 2019 and the culture can be changed right away.  To think Darnold is gonna go the way of Geno Smith is pure idiocy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetscrazey said:

This is drivel.  Get a real head coach in the door in 2019 and the culture can be changed right away.  To think Darnold is gonna go the way of Geno Smith is pure idiocy.

Darnold is a bad QB and not the answer. Ive seen enough after watching him last night. 

We are going to waste another 2-3 years on a guy with no ability. 

I said at the time the Jets should have picked Allen and looks like I was right. 

• Butt Fumble 6

Businesses re-examine themselves all the time and make changes.  The Jets FO has already started on that.  They need more.  I think they are capable at getting better at drafting players.

I don't see Bowles being a better HC.  

56 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

WHAT THE F**K IS THIS? 

BAN HAMMER PLEASE. THIS IS ABSURD. 

YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK. GOODBYE. 

• Upvote 1

Sam Darnold is a future star in the NFL.

31 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

So you would rather have Kirk Cousins, with the same Putrid talent on offense, AND no $$$ to improve the team in 2019 and beyond because it all went to Cousins 🤦🏾‍♂️

Man I really wish some of you would take a hike after a loss 

You are 100% correct. It's brutal on here after a loss. Shocked that Tom Shame hasn't reappeared.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

Darnold is a bad QB and not the answer. Ive seen enough after watching him last night. 

I said at the time the Jets should have picked Allen and looks like I was right. 

:rl:  Please stop you're killing my stomach muscles.

16 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Shoot the original post of this thread into the ******* sun

AND it's author. lol

38 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

you're an idiot

• Upvote 1

I think the biggest problem in all of this is how under appreciated Cleveland is by this fan base. If we just lost to NE or LA or even PHI, no one would be talking like this - but browns?

That team was a QB away from making a run at the division. Guess what, Baker happened. Team is legit

NEXT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Though I think there were multiple factors in him picking the Vikes over the Jets, there's a good chance this was one of them. 

Of all the things Cousins seemed to want, it's to get as long of a fully guaranteed contract as he could get, and then become a free agent again to cash in even more. If his ssssdvalue drops over the next few years - particularly as a result of an injury - his next contract won't be as lucrative. 

From that point of view, we may offered him more money, but long term he may have figured he would have made less if he took it.

2 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

You really want to make your FINAL judgement on this kid, after a few preaseason tosses, and THREE games, one of which he led the team to a blowout comeback?? WTF is wrong with you?? 

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

You really want to make your FINAL judgement on this kid, after a few preaseason tosses, and THREE games, one of which he led the team to a blowout comeback?? WTF is wrong with you?? 

Doesnt pass my eye test. I want a QB with a rocket arm like Mahomes or Allen. 

• Butt Fumble 4

3 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

Well that didn't take long did it? ](*,) This is an example of someone not deserving shiny new things.

• Upvote 2

Darnold is a rookie. He played three games and is neither a problem nor a solution yet. The only problem is people wanting to give up on guys before they are given a chance. Fans like this don't deserve a franchise qb.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app