Sad Mac Stat

SR24

19 minutes ago, SR24 said:

In his 2015-2017 drafts out of the 9 players he selected from rounds 2-4 only 2 are still on the roster. How do we rebuild with a GM who's not effective in the draft!!?!?

That is pretty bad. Apparently, only the Saints rank worse when it comes to the draft. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-draft-teams-picks-draft-records-ranked-2012-present-030117

7 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

They should bring back Terry Bradway or get someone new to manage the drafting.  Macc should understand his weakness, the guy has been a terrible drafter 

He's just in way over his head when it comes to drafting. If you take a realistic look at our roster right now we don't have 1 single player that strikes fear into the opposing team 

7 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He's just in way over his head when it comes to drafting. If you take a realistic look at our roster right now we don't have 1 single player that strikes fear into the opposing team 

Honestly Jordan Jenkins has been his only decent mid round pick.  The rest have pretty much been garbage.  Marcus Maye isn't even on the field and he's probably the 2nd best non 1st round pick.

29 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

That is pretty bad. Apparently, only the Saints rank worse when it comes to the draft. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-draft-teams-picks-draft-records-ranked-2012-present-030117

That article is already outdated. The Saints hit the jackpot in the 2017 draft. They had something like four players from that draft make the Pro Football Writers Association All-Rookie team. The Jets, I'm sure, would still be towards the bottom.

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Honestly Jordan Jenkins has been his only decent mid round pick.  The rest have pretty much been garbage.  Marcus Maye isn't even on the field and he's probably the 2nd best non 1st round pick.

Brandon Shell was a good fourth round pick (traded fourth round pick to pick in fifth).  

Lachlan Edwards was a good 7th round pick.

But, other than that, I am with you, and its not like there were not good players in those drafts.  The list of good NFL players that Mac passed over to pick players useless or cut is very long.

Leggett and Burris are buying time, waiting to be next.  

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

How many offensive linemen has he drafted? Of that amount, how many are worth a damn?

14 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Brandon Shell is the only one who comes to mind and that's not a good thing lol

When Brian ******* Winters is arguably your best offensive linemen, you know you have a problem.

And for all the people who want to argue that most of the offensive linemen talent coming out over the last several years have been sh*t, and that there wasn't any good linemen that Macc passed on, are you telling me that Macc had the foresight and wisdom to know that all those linemen wouldn't be worth the draft pick, yet didn't have that same foresight and wisdom for players like: Devin Smith, Mauldin, Petty, Jarvis Harrison, Hackenturd, Juston Burris, ArDumius Stewart, Chad "Have A Seat" Hansen, Jordan "Can't" Legget, and DUI Donahue?

Please.

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

In his 2015-2017 drafts out of the 9 players he selected from rounds 2-4 only 2 are still on the roster. How do we rebuild with a GM who's not effective in the draft!!?!?

This is why allowing him to do a 2nd rebuild was ridiculous. If he had any promise when it came to rebuilding a team he would have shown that during the 1st rebuild. 

Matter of fact, we should stop calling this a 2nd rebuild. He didn't "build" anything the first time. His highlight as a GM was wasting our time with Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is why allowing him to do a 2nd rebuild was ridiculous. If he had any promise when it came to rebuilding a team he would have shown that during the 1st rebuild. 

Matter of fact, we should stop calling it a 2nd rebuild. He didn't build anything the first time. His highlight as a GM was wasting our time with Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

I thought we were on the 3rd rebuild? 

2015:  Competitive Rebuild.

2016-17:  Hackenberg Rebuild.

2018:  Post-Hackenberg Rebuild. 

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

Player projections are extremely difficult but as a team on the rebuild we can't afford to whiff on as many picks as Mac has

Eh, I did our mock draft here with ZERO knowledge of college football and crushed it.

i guess what I’m saying is a non-experience evaluator could still draft better than Mac, if they can process crowd-sourced data. 

Frankly, you could throw darts and do better. He’s been as bad over 4 years as idzik was in the 12-pick draft.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, I did our mock draft here with ZERO knowledge of college football and crushed it.

i guess what I’m saying is a non-experience evaluator could still draft better than Mac, if they can process crowd-sourced data. 

Frankly, you could throw darts and do better. He’s been as bad over 4 years as idzik was in the 12-pick draft.

yeah but are you a football guy

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least Tannebaum sucked at picking good players because he was a glorified CPA. 

Macc came here billed as a personnel/scout guy and sucks in every way possible. 

Agreed. I mean, when you're bad at sex, it'll be forgiven. It's to be expected.

But Brad Pitt being bad at sex? Completely inexcusable.

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

How many offensive linemen has he drafted? Of that amount, how many are worth a damn?

Shell and jarvis harrision who was cut in his draft year camp, maybe he made it on the psquad for a year.  No other team in the league during that time has used less draft resources on the oline.

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

Atleast he drafts average guys when he gets a top 6 pick!

Archived