Trumaine Johnson was a disgrace last night

RoadFan

I see people bitching about Bowles, Bates, Crowell, Darnold, etc...

The guy who really deserves it today in my opinion... is Trumaine Johnson.

I saw plays where he was beaten.  That happens.

I saw plays where he was beaten badly. Happens but shouldn't occur that often for a "supposed" quality man to man corner.

I saw plays where it appeared he slowed down on his coverage as though he anticipated the play to be over before the whistle.

I saw plays where he lazily stood by as a spectator and watched his teammates tackle the ball carrier.

He seemed to want no part of contact last night.

He committed back to back unsportsmanlike penalties.

If someone deserves heavy criticism today... it is Tru.

RF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HessStation said:

3rd and12 and the DC calls a corner (Johnson) Blitz....Landry catches 12 yard out for a first down...both qb and Wr untouched.

you can’t make up a worse defensive play call

corner was like 10 yds away from the QB, and the other guy another 6 yds away from the WR

Just now, nico002 said:

Sorry but the unsportsmanlike penalty was BULLsh*t. All he did was give the ball to a player on the other team- how the heck do you call that?

agree 100%.  I was about to post this.  I couldn't believe it when they showed that.  and the other one, I believe was when the QB was sliding and he "hit him" with his hand in the head?  Come on!  at real speed, he's reaching then the QB slides.  I don't know man.  I think this sport is getting too soft.  we better start watching under water basket weaving or something....

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Sorry but the unsportsmanlike penalty was BULLsh*t. All he did was give the ball to a player on the other team- how the heck do you call that?

It was literally unsportsman like. He wasn't giving him the ball, he was shoving it in his face, so to speak. I wish someone on this team would've grabbed him by his facemask and let him know how much that hurt, but we don't have any of those guys, I guess.

Just now, SnackExchange said:

It was literally unsportsman like. He wasn't giving him the ball, he was shoving it in his face, so to speak. I wish someone on this team would've grabbed him by his facemask and let him know how much that hurt, but we don't have any of those guys, I guess.

If he did it for a second, no call, kept doing it...  til dude was like get out my face, man...

4 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

In every game so far, Johnson has looked at least a step slower.  Receivers have routinely created plenty of space.  Big guaranteed payday and now coasting/declining?

I was pretty sure when they settled for their 3rd or 4th choice overpaid corner in fraud agency it wouldn't turn out well.

I figure he is probably average... But last night he was terrible.

5 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

In every game so far, Johnson has looked at least a step slower.  Receivers have routinely created plenty of space.  Big guaranteed payday and now coasting/declining?

Thanks for saying this.  I thought it was just me.  Tell me again why we gave this guy so much loot?  

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yep. Rush 4 w a corner Blitz on 3rd and 12 while safety is 15 yards on the hash. Just horrible 

I can't take this guys calls, they are MIND BOGGLING. It doesn't even make any sense, shouldn't it be like a switch in Basketball? How do you blitz a guy like Baker, from 15 yards away, completely obvious & no one covers their best WR on 3rd & 12? Too f*cking easy! 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I can't take this guys calls, they are MIND BOGGLING. It doesn't even make any sense, shouldn't it be like a switch in Basketball? How do you blitz a guy like Baker, from 15 yards away, completely obvious & no one covers their best WR on 3rd & 12? Too f*cking easy! 

I'm not 100% sure and would have to pull it up again on the DVR, which I'm not inclined to do, but I think the nearest guy was Adams, though he wasn't particularly close (on the screen, but not close enough to really challenge/defend a pass). Don't know if that's on the player, the call, or maybe Adams was late because it wasn't primarily his responsibility. All I know is it sucked, lol.

24 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

He got paid. Franchised twiced and found the suckers to give him a contract. Stuck with him for two more years and he is cooked. 

What he doesnt realize is that we will make his life miserable in this town. Ask Mo Wilkerson. 

This was suspected to be a bad deal.  This was Revis all over again.  

These last contracts are very perilous.  Tremaine is uncuttable for at least 2 years.  Guys like this should be paid annually.  You can pay them alot, but paid annually.  

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah putting this on Bowles is silly considering what they're paying Johnson. Doesnt seem overly likeable. 

The player cares or he doesn't. If he cares, seeing how badly he hurt his team should get through to him with or without pulling him off the field. If he doesn't care there isn't a whole hell of a lot Bowles can do about it.

TJ's guaranteed $35m over the first 2 years and has already pocketed $26m of it this year. He knows they aren't contenders this year. Benching isn't going to scare someone in his situation. The best a punishment can do is serve as an example to others. That should be reason enough to do it, and given the loss it's still something Bowles can do, but I don't expect it.

39 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

not happy with him in any game so far.

4 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

He was beaten like a rented mule on that long pass towards the end of the 1st quarter.  Sure TD that Tyrod fortunately badly under-threw.

41 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Permanent Prevent---Bowles with any lead at any time in the game

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The player cares or he doesn't. If he cares, seeing how badly he hurt his team should get through to him with or without pulling him off the field. If he doesn't care there isn't a whole hell of a lot Bowles can do about it.

TJ's guaranteed $35m over the first 2 years and has already pocketed $26m of it this year. He knows they aren't contenders this year. Benching isn't going to scare someone in his situation. The best a punishment can do is serve as an example to others. That should be reason enough to do it, and given the loss it's still something Bowles can do, but I don't expect it.

It is very hard to "expect" anything from someone of Bowles coaching caliber--except the worst, of course

Archived