What happened to measuring this season from Sept-Dec?

Paradis

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Cleveland isnt a top 3 defense. Darnold is all that matters and he looked bad last night.

You’ve righteously been destroying Darnold since the in-game thread and, although, what you’re saying has been right, you’re not being fair giving the reasons why, which is the OL was terrible, he had zero time to throw the ball early and was getting crushed  on release which obviously made him jittery and whacked out his footwork and mechanics the rest of the game. 

Through your posts, you’d think Mayfield has a laser arm and Darnold has a noodle when in fact they both have above arm strength when given time to step into their throws. 

Inwould advice everyone to wait a few games and see how Mayfield responses to getting whacked in the teeth with no time in the pocket to start the game on the road. 

14 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Funny. 

But winning and losing is not really relevant.  In fact, losing is beneficial.

Maybe it gets Bowles fired?  This team has zero chance to win it all with him as HC... even if the talent approaches league top 5 someday.

Now that Sam is on the team, I think winning IS relevant...   always, always the goal...

Bowles shoulda been fired Friday morning. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You’ve righteously been destroying Darnold since the in-game thread and, although, what you’re saying has been right, you’re not being fair giving the reasons why, which is the OL was terrible, he had zero time to throw the ball early and was getting crushed  on release which obviously made him jittery and whacked out his footwork and mechanics the rest of the game. 

Through your posts, you’d think Mayfield has a laser arm and Darnold has a noodle when in fact they both have above arm strength when given time to step into their throws. 

Inwould advice everyone to wait a few games and see how Mayfield responses to getting whacked in the teeth with no time in the pocket to start the game on the road. 

troll food

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Don’t really care about Mayfield. I’m concerned about the curve we’re grading Darnold on. We excused the obvious flaws in Sanchez’s and Geno’s games before it was too late. You know year 1 if a player has it or not for the most part. If we’re going to watch an offense all season that’s built on misdirections and bubble screens because he doesn’t have the arm to throw down field we better be scouting the 2019 QB class. There was one play to Anderson on a simple 12 yard out that he simply didn’t have the arm for. 

15 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Typical Jet fan over reaction. A smidge of success and we're superbowl bound and a few bumps means everyone sucks and every decision we made was the wrong one. 

As long as they're not fukin up Darnold and his growth, we're all good. BUT if they continue this 10 yard offense b.s., we could be on our way to doing that much sooner then I thought. 

Not sure what you call it but I feel  they already have. Run, run and then pass on third and long. Other than putting Ben Gay in his jockstrap is there anything worse to do to a young QB?  13 more games of this and Sam will be posing for GQ and eating hot dogs on the sideline.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Don’t really care about Mayfield. I’m concerned about the curve we’re grading Darnold on. We excused the obvious flaws in Sanchez’s and Genis games before it was too late. You know year 1 if a player has it or not for the most part. If we’re going to watch an offense all season that’s built on misdirections and bubble screens because he doesn’t have he arm to throw down field we better be scouting the 2019 QB class.

I completely agree I just strongly disagree that the reasons their throwing misdirections and bubble screens is due to his lack of arm, and more due to poor playcalling, overly pampering the Rookie QB’s psyche, and a lack of confidence in the OL pass protect.  

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Cleveland isnt a top 3 defense. Darnold is all that matters and he looked bad last night.

We'll see about that.  Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, Denzel Ward and Jabril Peppers are some pretty darn good names at least.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Browns win their division this year.

Just now, HessStation said:

I completely agree I just strongly disagree that the reasons their throwing misdirections and bubble screens is due to his lack of arm, and more due to poor playcalling, overly pampering the Rookie QB’s psyche, and a lack of confidence in the OL pass protect.  

Hopefully you’re right. Bates was doing peyote a few years ago.

dude didn't you read the first post?

he's developing and nothing more to see

They aren't ruining a 21 year old, oh heavens no. It's cool because we all bought the jersey already. So it has to be cool, got it?

NOTHING MORE TO SEE

Everything is going awesome. And when it's not, Blame the coach and the ol, two aspects of the league we can't really fix and no casual fan understands anyway.

He's ready because we hope he is. Off to Jacksonville! What could go wrong?

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not sure what you call it but I feel  they already have. Run, run and then pass on third and long. Other than putting Ben Gay in his jockstrap is there anything worse to do to a young QB?  13 more games of this and Sam will be posing for GQ and eating hot dogs on the sideline.

The run, run pass to set up the FG late in the fourth sealed it for me with this pussy HC. 

When the layman fan watching TV knows what’s coming you know you ******* suck as an NFL HC.

or was that more on Bates, I don’t know, but that was mind numbingly deflating to watch.

In every NFL game there is a cause & effect. 

14-0, the last thing you want to do is give a team HOPE. ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYING AT HOME. 

That stupid f*cking completely asinine unsportsman penalty by Trumaine Johnson was a catalyst to every single thing that happened afterward. 

Jets should have been receiving the punt & most likely would have had better field position. Instead, the Jets defense was BACK ON THE FIELD, the Browns had quite a long drive that ended with a grounding call on Tyrod, then a sack that knocked him out of the game, a punt that put the Jets inside the 10 yard line & a 3 and out giving the Browns great field position to get into FG range. 

Everything that happened on that NEXT Cleveland series DOES NOT happen without that stupid penalty. These are the reasons a disciplined team like the Patriots win games like this & loser head coaches like Bowles have to make lame excuses every week for his team blowing another lead. THATS THE ONLY REASON JET FANS WERE DISTROUGHT ON FRIDAY! No knowledgeable Jet fan thought after beating the Lions we were going to the Bowl.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

The run, run pass to set up the FG late in the fourth sealed it for me with this pussy HC. 

When the layman fan watching TV knows what’s coming you know you ******* suck as an NFL HC.

or was that more on Bates, I don’t know, but that was mind numbingly deflating to watch.

I like the way they are supposedly protecting Sam by turning everything into 3rd and long. haha

20 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Jets CS failed the players. yes. and middleton...   that was an aboslute awful drop.

soon as he stepped on the field i was in a cold sweat.

NYJets induced PTSD, eh?

Yes and no.  Back to my WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT?   How can they prepare for both QBs in 2 and half days?

This is fun isn't it?

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

if they didnt do film on Baker thats a wholesale CS fail. 

Dreadful response.

Many wholesale CS fails to harp on.  Many fails.   But not preparing for the backup QB... on an extremely short week considering the road game travel... for which there was no regular season game film on yet anyway I remind you... is not one of them.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Dreadful response.

Many wholesale CS fails to harp on.  Many fails.   But not preparing for the backup QB... on an extremely short week considering the road game travel... for which there was no regular season game film on yet anyway I remind you... is not one of them.

if your full of dread, i cannot help you. we disagree.

they pick a guy #1 and the CS cannot imagine they might bring him in ?? 

Archived