Get Off the Ledge Why Darnold will be a WInner!!

Charlie Brown

Many of us have gone way overboard.  The Jets were not going to be magic team and roll into a SB victory this year or least it was extremely unlikely, so why are we so SHOCKED by what is transpiring?  

And yet for me even in defeat, and a "poor" game from Daronld, we get words from Sam that lets his teammates and us know, that this guy gets it. 

After the game no blaming others, no "let me look at the tape" or worse, "they were just better today" tripe and nonsense...

All we got from Sam Darnold was just this....

https://nypost.com/2018/09/21/sam-darnold-pointing-the-finger-at-himself-after-jets-debacle/amp/

"It’s not acceptable the way I played,” Darnold said.

He said he didn’t feel he was decisive enough.

“I really felt comfortable throughout the whole game,” Darnold said. “I just made stupid mistakes in the fourth quarter and some missed opportunities throughout the whole game.

“I have to play better, and that’s on me.”

Darnold finished 15-for-31 for 169 yards.

“I feel like I’m responsible for the stagnant offense we had,” he said.

and this...

Darnold was asked about the short week.

“That’s not an excuse,” he said. “I feel like I have to play better and make clearer reads."

“I felt like sometimes I was hanging in there, looking at one guy and trying to wait for him to get open. I just have to move on to my next progression and move on from there.”

The Browns allowed Darnold to make plays underneath the coverage, but he couldn’t make plays downfield.

“We have to make them pay,” Darnold said. “Put the ball in our playmakers’ hands and let them do work.”

The guy is a winner folks and all he needs is time........

Jim Plunkett finally turned out to be a winner -- after he was physically and mentally broken with a horrendous Patriots team.  If the NFL were as physical as it was then, Sam would be well on his way to the boneyard with this coaching staff and lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

12 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

they said that about Belli before Brady came along too.......not advocating, just stating a fact.

And they were right about B*B*. Without T*B* he'd be a DC or unemployed. He was going nowhere fast in his second stint as a HC until the hit Mo Lewis and Shaun Ellis laid on Bledsoe*. I was cheering at the time not knowing the horror that was unleashed that moment.

11 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

And they were right about B*B*. Without T*B* he'd be a DC or unemployed. He was going nowhere fast in his second stint as a HC until the hit Mo Lewis and Shaun Ellis laid on Bledsoe*. I was cheering at the time not knowing the horror that was unleashed that moment.

So your saying Bowles can win super bowls with Sam, like BB has with Brady?

28 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

no arguments from me

17 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So your saying Bowles can win super bowls with Sam, like BB has with Brady?

No, I'm not saying that what so ever.... I'm saying an elite franchise (T*B*) QB can elevate the perception of an entire franchise. That doesn't mean the coach is good or better. I can win blindfolded as a coach if you give me great players particularly at QB. It's like teachers who get the high functioning kids in class. The teacher isn't doing much, but the kids do well so the teacher looks good even though those high functioning kids will do great regardless of a teacher's competence.

What bothered me was watching Darnold turn into Sanchez by the 4th quarter; deer in the headlights, INT on the last play, sad face walking off the field, like he was going to cry (no worries Sam, I felt the same way!) 3 games in 10 days was too much for a rookie and that's not on Sam, then having to watch #1 pick Mayfield catch fire (like the Browns managed it better?) had to play a part...

Add in the crappy supporting cast; poor OL play, Anderson proving to be a bit player (fumble, too weak to fight for the ball) and the horrible "look at me" penalties like Rex was still filling these guys heads with helium, that defense has done nothing to be this cocky, it was disgraceful (fire Kacy?) 

The Jets put Sam in a very bad situation and we better hope he does not lose his confidence (Sam needs to be Sam.) After waiting 50 years for a FQB, the Jets find one and beat him down in ten days of regular season play, can't make this up...

I believe he is strong enough to overcome the Jets mismanagement and Darnold will be a WInner but Bowles\Bates need to give him a chance and Mac better draft a HOF player for that crappy 3rd round pick because it's not fair to let this continue and it only gets worse from here; Jaguars, Broncos, mini breather Colts, Vikings and Bears with Mack attack! Time for Chris Johnson to crack some heads, the future of the franchise (Sam) needs some help

50 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No one should be questioning Sam in his third game at 21 on this hot mess of a team.

Questioning is fine when you are watching the same type if stuff he dud last year at USC. 

coming to a conclusion is way premature 

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No, I'm not saying that what so ever.... I'm saying an elite franchise (T*B*) QB can elevate the perception of an entire franchise. That doesn't mean the coach is good or better. I can win blindfolded as a coach if you give me great players particularly at QB. It's like teachers who get the high functioning kids in class. The teacher isn't doing much, but the kids do well so the teacher looks good even though those high functioning kids will do great regardless of a teacher's competence.

So, that is what your saying. Great players make the coach successful. Isn't it?

30 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, that is what your saying. Great players make the coach successful. Isn't it?

No, I'm saying coaches often ride a great player's coat tail, contribute little to nothing themselves, and receive credit for it. If you define that as success then sure, I guess that is what I said. Otherwise, no, it just means a coach is fortunate as opposed to successful. I define success as a measure of accomplishment not luck. A crackhead that wins the lotto isn't successful they're lucky. 

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No, I'm saying coaches often ride a great player's coat tail, contribute little to nothing themselves, and receive credit for it. If you define that as success then sure, I guess that is what I said. Otherwise, no, it just means a coach is fortunate as opposed to successful. I define success as a measure of accomplishment not luck. A crackhead that wins the lotto isn't successful they're lucky. 

All successful people are lucky. But all lucky people are not successful. The successful people just do a better job of taking advantage of their good fortune.

17 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Many of us have gone way overboard.  The Jets were not going to be magic team and roll into a SB victory this year or least it was extremely unlikely, so why are we so SHOCKED by what is transpiring?  

And yet for me even in defeat, and a "poor" game from Daronld, we get words from Sam that lets his teammates and us know, that this guy gets it. 

After the game no blaming others, no "let me look at the tape" or worse, "they were just better today" tripe and nonsense...

https://nypost.com/2018/09/21/sam-darnold-pointing-the-finger-at-himself-after-jets-debacle/amp/

“I really felt comfortable throughout the whole game,” Darnold said. “I just made stupid mistakes in the fourth quarter and some missed opportunities throughout the whole game.

and this...

“That’s not an excuse,” he said. “I feel like I have to play better and make clearer reads."

“I felt like sometimes I was hanging in there, looking at one guy and trying to wait for him to get open. I just have to move on to my next progression and move on from there.”

The Browns allowed Darnold to make plays underneath the coverage, but he couldn’t make plays downfield.

“We have to make them pay,” Darnold said. “Put the ball in our playmakers’ hands and let them do work.”

Every talks about SOJ fans...  I think this board is fairly united that Darnold is fine and will develop.

What we are saying is that Bowles in in his 4th year of sh*tty football, its Jets management and coaching that we are rebelling against.

We have weak talent but no real reason we couldn't be 3-0 right now.  But NOT with Bowles. He is not mentally suited to be a HC.

42212362_10157766696370898_3981011087947464704_n.jpg

17 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

and this...

Why Sam Darnold will not be a winner....

E0F2C6B4-5A84-428E-8B47-8E8D009CFF34.jpeg

Archived