Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nico002

Ok I rewatched the game... Sam was fine

Recommended Posts

Yo just rewatched the movie Glory..  Matthew Broderick and Denzel did fine in that final battle...  all good.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I love this optimism but the line and his receivers are not changing this season so I'm having a hard time convincing myself Sam will improve much. Kills me to say so but I see, just as advertise, they are going to ruin the kid. but hey, I'm lying if i say I'm surprised.

They are not going to ruin him as long as he doesnt get hit a lot and honestly while he is running for his life, his mechanics are off, he is off on throws because he doesnt have time to get set but he isnt taking a lot of sacks. Aikmans first year he ran for his life too and back then the qb's werent as protected and he didnt get ruined. Carr got ruined because of the hits not the hurries. Sam looks a little skittish because he knows there is swiss cheese in front of him but he isnt stupid and he can run.

As long as he doesnt take the hits he will outlast this regime and be fine.........and he probably knows it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Guys cool.

I just re watched Rocky 4 and Apollo did fine against Drago.

Really!? I though Apollo was slow and didn't defend well at all, but then again it was only supposed to be an exhibition.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yo just rewatched the movie Glory..  Matthew Broderick and Denzel did fine in that final battle...  all good.

Correct, they did exactly what they were supposed to do. Everyone knew it was a suicide charge. Hence the ""glory" they achieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything copacetic fellas.  Just rewatched Karate Kid and Daniel Larusso did fine fighting Johnny at the beach after he took his soccer ball.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

The Jets have a habit of making BU QB's look great. The Miami game I believe last year comes to mind.

 

What I don't get was the Browns WR's suddenly getting open with Baker? Not taking anything away from him but other than one tight window throw and the 50/50 ball(Middleton?) Their WR's were open!

 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

They were open when Taylor was the qb too.  Callaway had an easy touchdown early in the game if Taylor had not underthrown him.  The real difference seemed to be protection.  Taylor didn’t seem to have any time and Mayfield had forever.  I’m not sure if that was because we didn’t blitz as much in the second half or if it’s because the Browns made blocking assignment adjustments at halftime.  Yes, teams actually do make adjustments at halftime.  We aren’t used to that with our current coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold played his worst game on Thursday. Doesn’t mean he’s not good. Or is a bust. 

Just like any other qb, he’s good when he has time to throw. Speed things up and force him to think quick and make quick decisions, things get sloppy. Especially for a rookie. 

Throw in drive killing mistakes like an Anderson fumble and it’s hard to get things going. Let’s move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Correct, they did exactly what they were supposed to do. Everyone knew it was a suicide charge. Hence the ""glory" they achieved.

And Screening Sam crushed those wr screens. When ask to throw beyond the LOS, not so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Prevent? Browns were bringing the heat. Greg Williams doesn't know what the word prevent means.

I was talking about the Jets defense second half.  Sorry if I was not clear.  I think Mayfield had an easy time, even if he did fumble twice and have a dropped INT int he end zone.  The kid can throw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

Don't know if it had anything to do with the pass, but Spencer Long was pushed into Sam as he threw the ball. Possibly he could have been trying to throw over the 2 defenders?

I forgot that. You are right.  Maybe he should have eaten it, but he was bumped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, August said:

Just like I said in another thread Sam is getting graded on a ridiculous curve. 

How about you provide some thought on what you didn’t like then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Pac said:

Everything copacetic fellas.  Just rewatched Karate Kid and Daniel Larusso did fine fighting Johnny at the beach after he took his soccer ball.

Yes. It prompted Daniel to become a devote of karate and he ultimately bested Johnny and gained his respect.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He’s allowed to have bad games. His first 2 were much better. All 3 games have been impacted by horrible O-line. His game against the Browns was bad but not terrible given how bad his supporting case is.

He would look great if he had time in the pocket at better weapons. That can be said of all quarterbacks which is why Mac f*cked up badly by neglecting the offensive line. 

Two safeties. Its been beaten to death...but the idiot took two safeties immediately after having his all pro Center and Pro Bowl LT retire. Knowing they would either be trying to develop the young QBs then on the roster OR either bringing in a QB from FA or drafting one. And they went Safety - Safety. You don't build a team from the defensive backfield, and you can get solid safeties anywhere and everywhere. Hell, there were what? 5 solid, highly regarded safties SITTING AT HOME throughout the preseason? Vaccaro, Ward, Reid, Boston and one or two others I cant remember. Why? Because its just not a premium position. How many starter quality OL were sitting around? None. 

Until the Oline is addressed as the #1 priority, tye offense will remain dysfunctional.

 

And yeah. Jamal Adams is a good player. That would mean something if the offense could function well enough to play at least complimentary ball, and the defense could rush the passer without kitchen sink blitzes, or the corners could cover....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nico002 said:

How about you provide some thought on what you didn’t like then?

He played poorly. How can you watch that performance and then make this thread is simply beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Yes. It prompted Daniel to become a devote of karate and he ultimately bested Johnny and gained his respect.

The prospect of getting under Elizabeth Shues skirt did far more for Danielsons dedication to the martial arts then the beating he took from Johnny Lawrence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They were open when Taylor was the qb too.  Callaway had an easy touchdown early in the game if Taylor had not underthrown him.  The real difference seemed to be protection.  Taylor didn’t seem to have any time and Mayfield had forever.  I’m not sure if that was because we didn’t blitz as much in the second half or if it’s because the Browns made blocking assignment adjustments at halftime.  Yes, teams actually do make adjustments at halftime.  We aren’t used to that with our current coaching staff.
Ahh those adjustments and weaaaponss...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, August said:

He played poorly. How can you watch that performance and then make this thread is simply beyond me. 

What did he do poorly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pac said:

The prospect of getting under Elizabeth Shues skirt did far more for Danielsons dedication to the martial arts then the beating he took from Johnny Lawrence.

If you objectively rewatch Karate Kid, you realize Daniel was the douchebag a$$hole, and Johnny was simply defending himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

What did he do poorly?

2 interceptions and he almost could’ve thrown a 3rd had the Browns LB been able to hold on to the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

Don't know if it had anything to do with the pass, but Spencer Long was pushed into Sam as he threw the ball. Possibly he could have been trying to throw over the 2 defenders?

Yes. I noticed it too, but interpreted diff. Was almost like he didn't take a second look after Long and the Brown fell and didn't realize there were now multiple defenders that had crept up. But I'd be curious if there was a deeper route beyond the scrum there.

Did Sam address in post game? I forgot to DVR jpgl...

Either way, it's teachable. Nothing to call bust on or lose faith. The throw he had just made on fourth down was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If you objectively rewatch Karate Kid, you realize Daniel was the douchebag a$$hole, and Johnny was simply defending himself. 

Barney?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sam did not have a good game.

But most of the rest of our team had a worse game.

Make of that what you will, but no one had a good game.

pretty much..

 

😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If you objectively rewatch Karate Kid, you realize Daniel was the douchebag a$$hole, and Johnny was simply defending himself. 

Disagree..  Danielson, muck like Darnold, is a product of the coaching he got from Mrs Larusso - who for the purposes of this analogy is playing the part of Bates.

I don't blame her though..  being a single mother and moving across the country couldn't have been easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, nico002 said:

How about you provide some thought on what you didn’t like then?

He struggles completing passes from the pocket further than 1 yard. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

They are not going to ruin him as long as he doesnt get hit a lot and honestly while he is running for his life, his mechanics are off, he is off on throws because he doesnt have time to get set but he isnt taking a lot of sacks. Aikmans first year he ran for his life too and back then the qb's werent as protected and he didnt get ruined. Carr got ruined because of the hits not the hurries. Sam looks a little skittish because he knows there is swiss cheese in front of him but he isnt stupid and he can run.

As long as he doesnt take the hits he will outlast this regime and be fine.........and he probably knows it already.

Regime change? I will believe that when I see it. Sam came into the league with some natural gifts you can;t coach. He looked great in camp and very good in his first two games. He is going to have to adapt to not having time and eventually the hits will mount up. I hope your right but I honestly have more confide3nce in this team ruining quarterbacks than developing them. Difference here is Sam showed up with the skills you need to be a FQB in this league. Hopefully that's enough but my  gut says it isn't.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He struggles completing passes from the pocket further than 1 yard. 

Hey, that's 3 feet you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Regime change? I will believe that when I see it. Sam came into the league with some natural gifts you can;t coach. He looked great in camp and very good in his first two games. He is going to have to adapt to not having time and eventually the hits will mount up. I hope your right but I honestly have more confide3nce in this team ruining quarterbacks than developing them. Difference here is Sam showed up with the skills you need to be a FQB in this league. Hopefully that's enough but my  gut says it isn't.

I dont necessarily disagree with what you said EXCEPT......... we have NO evidence that we ever had a franchise QB to ruin. The last I checked they all SUCKED to begin with and all we have proven is that we cant make shyt from shinola.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once (I mean if in the future...) he gets some offensive line protection I think he's going to be really good. He has 0 time to set his feet and go through receiver options right now. He has enough time to look at his 1st and maybe 2nd options before he has to run for his life. He needs like another 2-3 seconds back there. 

He's going to be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets got out to a 2 td lead and ran out of gas. They played 2 games in a row on short rest and this was tnf away. The Falcons and Ravens also lost tnf away.

The players including the qb would have played better if this game was on normal rest.

This game was a schedule loss and if woody gave af about this team, he wouldn't let the league take advantage.

They would have never make the pats or the Cowboys play this many games in row. People could get hurt.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This game was a schedule loss and if woody gave af about this team, he wouldn't let the league take advantage.

:-k

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets got out to a 2 td lead and ran out of gas. They played 2 games in a row on short rest and this was tnf away. The Falcons and Ravens also lost tnf away.

The players including the qb would have played better if this game was on normal rest.

This game was a schedule loss and if woody gave af about this team, he wouldn't let the league take advantage.

They would have never make the pats or the Cowboys play this many games in row. People could get hurt.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app
 

You really need to stop with this hypothesis. The Jets players showed no signs of fatigue. What they showed was "puckeritis", and an inability to adjust to Mayfield. they did not make great attempts to disguise their blitzes, and gave the kid clean pre-snap reads. Give him credit, he recognized those and made them pay.

To say that this was an affect of "schedule" is just plain wrong.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets got out to a 2 td lead and ran out of gas. They played 2 games in a row on short rest and this was tnf away. The Falcons and Ravens also lost tnf away.

The players including the qb would have played better if this game was on normal rest.

This game was a schedule loss and if woody gave af about this team, he wouldn't let the league take advantage.

They would have never make the pats or the Cowboys play this many games in row. People could get hurt.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app
 

I essentially wrote the same thing in its own thread gameday ("Set up") but much more convoluted and paranoid....

 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...