Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nico002

Ok I rewatched the game... Sam was fine

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I just looked closer at the schedule.  This fn' blows.

Jags.  Von Miller.  Vikes. Dolphins again.  Khalil Mack.  Watt and Clowney.

Almost every week Darnold is facing a top tier pass rush.   The Mo Wilkerson return will be curious...

 

It’s been how many years since we traded Abraham?....ever since then it seems like the rest of the league has understood the importance of having elite pass rushers .....we have nothing, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

It’s been how many years since we traded Abraham?....ever since then it seems like the rest of the league has understood the importance of having elite pass rushers .....we have nothing, 

Rest of the league? There are like 5 good pass rushers in the whole nfl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Not to be a pedantic arse but I disagree ....

Mo Claiborne had a good game

Quincy Enunwa had a good game

Avery Williamson had a good game

Darron Lee and Jamal Adams had good games

sometimes individuals do all they can but get let down elsewhere.

The kid had a bad game. Why is it so hard for some people to accept that. HE even said he had a bad game., calling it "unacceptable".

That said, I fault the offensive game plan that has them "protecting" Darnold. When Mayfield came in, Cleveland didn't 'protect' him, they came out throwing. Meanwhile, we're playing like we're afraid to let Darnold take a sack or make a mistake. And he's feeling it. Instead of playing confident, like Mayfield did, he played scared.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I just looked closer at the schedule.  This fn' blows.

Jags.  Von Miller.  Vikes. Dolphins again.  Khalil Mack.  Watt and Clowney.

Almost every week Darnold is facing a top tier pass rush.   The Mo Wilkerson return will be curious...

 

Dennison will get them together.  We'll know what we're in for after Jacksonville. With the extra time if the game plan still stinks and they handcuff Darnold then it will be just trying to find some one to cheer for while Bowles tightens the noose around his neck 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, phill1c said:

The kid had a bad game. Why is it so hard for some people to accept that. HE even said he had a bad game., calling it "unacceptable".

That said, I fault the offensive game plan that has them "protecting" Darnold. When Mayfield came in, Cleveland didn't 'protect' him, they came out throwing. Meanwhile, we're playing like we're afraid to let Darnold take a sack or make a mistake. And he's feeling it. Instead of playing confident, like Mayfield did, he played scared.

What are you basing that off though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Meanwhile, we're playing like we're afraid to let Darnold take a sack or make a mistake. And he's feeling it. Instead of playing confident, like Mayfield did, he played scared.

Sounds like what Rex used to do to Sanchez, “just let our veterans, defense and coaches win the game and we will win if you don’t screw it up.”  And the great irony is that vs. the browns it’s these units that lost the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I love this optimism but the line and his receivers are not changing this season so I'm having a hard time convincing myself Sam will improve much. Kills me to say so but I see, just as advertise, they are going to ruin the kid. but hey, I'm lying if i say I'm surprised.

They do not respect the wideouts of the Jets.  I have not seen Sam throw the ball to receivers ten yards in the clear like Mayfield was able to.  NO knock on Mayfield.  I like the guy. I am interested in seeing if the league shows us how short he is, though. Plus he fumbled 2x and lucked out 2x and also had an end zone iNT dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jack48 said:

They do not respect the wideouts of the Jets.  I have not seen Sam throw the ball to receivers ten yards in the clear like Mayfield was able to.  NO knock on Mayfield.  I like the guy. I am interested in seeing if the league shows us how short he is, though. Plus he fumbled 2x and lucked out 2x and also had an end zone iNT dropped.

Mayfield is in that rookie QB nobody has tape on him honeymoon phase. He will get his bumps too. Yet, he has better receivers and a more consistent defense. Our defense plays great right until they don’t. 

Just poor preparation and poor coaching. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Mayfield is in that rookie QB nobody has tape on him honeymoon phase. He will get his bumps too. Yet, he has better receivers and a more consistent defense. Our defense plays great right until they don’t. 

Just poor preparation and poor coaching. 

And 3x the experiance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CTM said:

And 3x the experiance 

And if we don’t drop an easy int in the end zone and pick up an easy fumble of his, he loses and nobody is fluffing Baker like you. And I wanted Baker, but to fluff Baker and kill Sam is just, well, dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mayfield is in that rookie QB nobody has tape on him honeymoon phase. He will get his bumps too. Yet, he has better receivers and a more consistent defense. Our defense plays great right until they don’t. 

Just poor preparation and poor coaching. 

I really don't see the Jets as being a much better team, if at all better, than the Browns. The Browns have been drafting at the top of the draft for many years consecutively. they have a pass rusher. I think the Jets have made strides to having a strong talent base, notably in the secondary at WR and at TE. Even LB and special teams have improved. But they are definitely talent-deficient in certain areas, notably OL and OLB.

The browns got a shot of energy from Mayfield that was very helpful against a team playing its third game in whatever days, on the road. But our offense is anemic and predictable, just like it always is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Not to be a pedantic arse but I disagree ....

Mo Claiborne had a good game

Quincy Enunwa had a good game

Avery Williamson had a good game

Darron Lee and Jamal Adams had good games

sometimes individuals do all they can but get let down elsewhere.

“Most”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reakky think fatigue was a major factor in that game. What the league did to the Jets in terms of scheduling should be criminal

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nico002 said:

The first int was bad. A 1st down there puts close to the 50 with 1:30 and 3 time outs. It was 1st down, he should have thrown it away 

Yup, rookie mistake.  Long was pushed into him as he released the ball.  That's not an excuse, it was a bad decision.  Even taking the sack might have been acceptable there given we had 3 time outs.

One general comment I'll make about this team - Both the Miami and Cleveland games were winnable.  Despite some really undisciplined football, bad penalties and inopportune turnovers (can we get Robby some stickum on his gloves?) the Jets have played some very solid defense in long stretches (shutout Miami in the 2nd half, held Cleveland to 3 points in 1st half, completely manhandled Detroit) and they've had some balanced offensive attacks with decent rushing and good enough passing from Darnold.   It really is the undisciplined football to which these last two losses are due IMO.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I reakky think fatigue was a major factor in that game. What the league did to the Jets in terms of scheduling should be criminal

Agreed.  On the flip side the Jets have a 10 day rest so instead of losing 31-3 to Jacksonville we'll only lose 27-7. :D 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Freemanm said:

I reakky think fatigue was a major factor in that game. What the league did to the Jets in terms of scheduling should be criminal

Yeah and another thing. I am sick of these losers just bending over and taking this shlt all the time! From the refs to THIS BS!!! 

There should have been a fvcking protest from the organization and the players association. LOSRS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, phill1c said:

The kid had a bad game. Why is it so hard for some people to accept that. HE even said he had a bad game., calling it "unacceptable".

That said, I fault the offensive game plan that has them "protecting" Darnold. When Mayfield came in, Cleveland didn't 'protect' him, they came out throwing. Meanwhile, we're playing like we're afraid to let Darnold take a sack or make a mistake. And he's feeling it. Instead of playing confident, like Mayfield did, he played scared.

No idea why you are quoting me there with regard to Darnold. I was talking about about players who played well in a losing effort on Thursday which usually gets lost in the blanket ‘everyone sucks’ post loss

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup, rookie mistake.  Long was pushed into him as he released the ball.  That's not an excuse, it was a bad decision.  Even taking the sack might have been acceptable there given we had 3 time outs.

One general comment I'll make about this team - Both the Miami and Cleveland games were winnable.  Despite some really undisciplined football, bad penalties and inopportune turnovers (can we get Robby some stickum on his gloves?) the Jets have played some very solid defense in long stretches (shutout Miami in the 2nd half, held Cleveland to 3 points in 1st half, completely manhandled Detroit) and they've had some balanced offensive attacks with decent rushing and good enough passing from Darnold.   It really is the undisciplined football to which these last two losses are due IMO.

Agree here and I think the o-line has had some huge holes in each of the games bar maybe Miami but they are just totally incinsistent. There was a stretch on Thursday where we ran Powell 3 or 4 times to the left for about 9nysrds a pop then the next 3 times we tried to run it was negative yardage. I’m clinging into the hope that consistency (the good kind) will come as the season progresses 

if we can run the ball consistently it will make a huge difference fir Darnold

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, redlichtie said:

It’s been how many years since we traded Abraham?....ever since then it seems like the rest of the league has understood the importance of having elite pass rushers .....we have nothing, 

We have a pass rush, sometimes. but what about an elite OL. That's even easier to get and we haven't had one since 2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Mayfield is in that rookie QB nobody has tape on him honeymoon phase. He will get his bumps too. Yet, he has better receivers and a more consistent defense. Our defense plays great right until they don’t. 

Just poor preparation and poor coaching. 

I think Mayfield will be good if the D doe not tip 4 or 5 passes a game and 2 become interceptions.  If he was 6'5" he would be Troy Aikman, he is so accurate.  Cleveland D impressed.  I was actualy surprised we ran it as well s we did.  I hope Bates is not s Schittenheimer clone.  That is what the offense looked like to me the other night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, phill1c said:

We have a pass rush, sometimes. but what about an elite OL. That's even easier to get and we haven't had one since 2009.

No doubt the OL could do with an upgrade in a couple of positions but there are good players there. I don’t think the talent is so abysmal as to be a disaster area. I cling to the hope that the cohesion that’s needed for a zone scheme to work effectively will come as the season progresses and Dennison has the track record. So there’s hope.

but edge rusher has been, time and time again, an Achilles heel on this team. It was ultimately what held back the Rex Ryan defenses and i’m Just royally fed up of seeing our QB’s hurried consistently, especially on 3rd down plays, while we offer up clean pockets for opposing QB’s to pick us apart. Seeing us rush 4 hefty DT’s who look like they are running in glue got old a long time ago. So we are reduced to sending safeties or corners on blitzes that inevitably leave the secondary exposed. 

We do get pressure from time to time and for a half or so on Thursday they did a good job of getting pressure but that’s all through scheming and blitzing or excellent coverage. Troy Aikman said it in the broadcast, our secondary does a good job of covering but that they can’t hold on forever. We simply don’t have an explosive speed presence to consistently get to QB’s like we’ve seen in each of the first 3 weeks with Ansah(became a non-factor due to injury)Wake, Quinn and Garrett. Those guys by the way don’t always make the play but by their very presence they free up people like Larry Ogunjobe to make the play instead. IMO Leonard Williams will only really realise his potential with more help from the edge.

It’s not even about sacks but just getting effective disruption. I don’t have any hope of this changing anytime soon, there’s nothing on the roster currently that gives me great hope and you need to have a top 10 pick to get the really elite pass rushers . Jenkins is a very good player but he’s a Calvin Pace compliment rather than a difference maker who’s going to bring consistent pressure and force OC’s to game plan against him. Copeland and Luvu offer more potential than Josh Martin but I’m not expecting much from either at this stage. Not selling the farm for Mack is understandable but I sure hope there’s a good reason we couldn’t swing a trade for Fowler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...