Peyton Manning, Rookie Year

Dcronin

After week 3, where Sam is now, Peyton was 0-3 with 8 picks.

Just for a little perspective.

And Brett Favre threw a pick 6 his first pass in the NFL, too.

When you land a franchise quarterback, you take a valium and sit down and watch. And wait. Deep breaths, dudes!

DC

4 hours ago, Dcronin said:

When you land a franchise quarterback, you take a valium and sit down and watch. And wait. Deep breaths, dudes!

DC

Now link the stats of the dozens of bust QBs rookie years too.....

Hint: What Peyton Manning did or didn’t do has nothing to do with what Sam Darnold will or will not do.

You’re not offering “perspective”, you’re engaging in a obvious logical fallacy.

Hint: What Peyton Manning did or didn’t do has nothing to do with what Sam Darnold will or will not do.
You’re not offering “perspective”, you’re engaging in a obvious logical fallacy.
Maybe the perspective is that it is possible for a qb who will one day be good to have a bad game or first season?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

The perspective is that he has played GREAT in two games and ok in 1, and that he’s 21.

his Miami performance is so underrated. Had two HUGE drops, Herndon should have scored a td before half. Pryor int was NOT on Darnold.

hes thrown three picks... the Pryor one a Hail Mary heave with 13 seconds left are meaningless 

3 hours ago, slowmoe57 said:

And Troy Aikman was 0-11 with 9 TDs and 18 picks -- What changed -- they built a team around him.

not saying it will happen but I an hoping for the best.

That’s the rub. Who exactly will be building this team around Sam? Sam is fine for now but this front office hasn’t  built shit in the time it’s been here. 

Personally, I do not think the young QB had anything to do with the loss.  It was a close game, the Jets had a chance, and its not the first time we have seen a Jet QB throw an interception on the last drive to lose.  If anyone expected anything else - they are just fooling themselves.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Maybe the perspective is that it is possible for a qb who will one day be good to have a bad game or first season?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Of course it's possible.  No one needs a singular cherry picked example to know that, we ALL know that.

But my objection stands:  What Manning did has nothing to do with Darnold.  Same way what the literal hundreds of bed rookie QB's who did NOT succeed did ALSO has nothing to do with Darnold.

The world would be better without bad arguments like this.  Darnold is Darnold and will be what he, and the organization here to support him, makes him.  

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

No, I am comparing two highly-regarded, successful college QBs in their first few NFL games. You don't see the connection there? You are more ready to compare Sam to people we now know to be busts? What logic is there? I am more willing to compare him to a successful NFL QB, because that is what most experts think he will be.

4 hours ago, Dcronin said:

No, I am comparing two highly-regarded, successful college QBs in their first few NFL games. You don't see the connection there?

There is literally no connection there of any kind, other than they are both men, and both play(ed) NFL Football.  Not a single other quantifiable variable is the same.  What Manning did or did not do has absolutely no impact of any kind on what Darnold will or will not do.  Repeat this till you get it.

The world is better off without arguments as specious as this old oft' repeated chestnut.

You are more ready to compare Sam to people we now know to be busts? What logic is there?

Literally the exact same "logic" you're using, except in my case I also included the ODDS.  The majority of drafted QB's fail.  

I am more willing to compare him to a successful NFL QB, because that is what most experts think he will be.

If you cannot understand why you're argument has absolutely no merit, you're beyond hope.

But hey, some other guy who isn't you, isn't anything like you, and who posted about another team of another era once got over bad posting, so CLEARLY you will also get over bad posting too.  LOGIC!

DC

Right.

My gripes have been with the way the team is coached and managed on game day. Sam is gonna have ups and downs and it might just be 2-3 years before we have a bonafide elite qb on our hands.
Even if he throws 4 picks and looks like ass at times this year it doesn’t mean anything about who he will become.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 hours ago, Dcronin said:

DC

Very good perspective.  Sam Darnold is going to be fine.

I'm not even worried about the ignoramuses who are turning on him after one bad start...there will always be reactionary pansies around...

We still don't know what he is yet....but we did know that he would take his lumps when we were all banging the table for him to start from day 1....the sane fans know our rookie QBs 1st season is gonna be a rollercoaster...enjoy it for better or worse

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Hate the QB= good, say the coach, line and WRs suck, = homer

I never called you a homer, more of a Darnold fanboy ... fluffer even

I'm on team Darnold as well, but I fail to see how unconditional and consistent praise is a requirement for membership. You're making a snowflake out of him you closet SJW

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

I never called you a homer, more of a Darnold fanboy ... fluffer even

I'm on team Darnold as well, but I fail to see how unconditional and consistent praise is a requirement for membership. You're making a snowflake out of him you closet SJW

Lol, I said he didn’t play great, or even good, I also pointed out that the coaching staff and the rest of the team did him no favors at all. If that is being a fan boy, ok, and yeah, ya did call me a homer.

Archived