What we need to do to be better than the Cleveland Browns football team

Alka

Now that I have had time to digest the game in its' entirety, I see clearly where they are better and where we need to improve to be better than Cleveland.

1. Pass Rusher-  They have Garrett, we have no one.

2. Wide Receiver- They have Landry as their #1 receiver, we don't have a #1 receiver

3. Offensive Tackle and Offensive Guard- They have a line that can protect the QB, we have a line that will get our QB killed.

Other areas for us to improve: We need a better Tight End.  We need someone to compliment the great pass rusher that we don't currently have, either on the d-line or at linebacker.

I don't believe that Bowles is the problem, contrary to what most every Jets fan believes.  If we get the players that we need above, and still stink, then I will be on the "fire Bowles bandwagon".  I believe we have our QB in Darnold, and believe that if Mayfield was playing in the same situation for Cleveland that Darnold was in, with our offense and their defense, they would have lost the game.

Discipline and accountability is a major problem. Our players need to know that they can not get away with the crap they are doing. Do you think Robby Anderson would still be on the patriots roster after back to back off-season incidents? Do you think Crowell would ever see the field again after that end zone "celebration" do you think Johnson would see the field next week after taking so many plays off? We need to hold our players to a higher standard, they need to fear playing poorly or getting in trouble both on and off the field that is on the coach and their lack of discipline is a direct reflection of him period. I am not saying fire Bowles now but it is his job to keep his guys in line.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Archived