Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetsbb

Jeremy Bates is to blame for Robby Anderson's slow start

Recommended Posts

I read that the other wide receivers were angry last year that Morton only cared about scheming things for Anderson and not them. Robby is the most skilled WR of all of them when its one on one match up and not double covered with a safety up top. Morton knew that and moved Robby around to get him 1-1 so he could burn any CB in the dust. Bates may very well be worse at this than Morton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I read that the other wide receivers were angry last year that Morton only cared about scheming things for Anderson and not them. Robby is the most skilled WR of all of them when its one on one match up and not double covered with a safety up top. Morton knew that and moved Robby around to get him 1-1 so he could burn any CB in the dust. Bates may very well be worse at this than Morton.

Morton knew what his only weapon was. Spreading the field opens up passes underneath. It is a miracle the O production he got, with a lot less weapons than Bates has.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Have you seen this guy enunwa? He is kind of our best reciever

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app
 

Exactly. He is a beast. So why can’t bates do more than Morton did Who had less?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exactly. He is a beast. So why can’t bates do more than Morton did Who had less?
I liked Morton I thought he was one of the better offensive coaches we have had in a long time. I think part of the problem bates is having right now is that he has to worry about game planning to take pressure off of darnold and isn't able to be very aggressive.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Exactly. He is a beast. So why can’t bates do more than Morton did Who had less?

It's 3 freaking games & a new blocking scheme with a below average Oline. We just played 2 pretty good defenses. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes and no take a good look at Robbie Anderson and his route running ability and how he gets zero separation on most plays he runs incomplete sloppy routes and then stands around barely blocks downfield. 

If he doesn't beat the defender and catch a long ball he does nothing else. 

Jeremy Bates calls a terrible game especially when the Jets get behind. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robby has the same skill set that Josh McCown was able to exploit last year

I worry that Darnold doesn’t have enough arm to maximize his speed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Robby has the same skill set that Josh McCown was able to exploit last year

I worry that Darnold doesn’t have enough arm to maximize his speed

Kinda hard to plant your feet to throw the ball with a free runner coming at your face. McCown threw a beauty 45+ yard TD in the air to Robby week 1. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Robby has the same skill set that Josh McCown was able to exploit last year

I worry that Darnold doesn’t have enough arm to maximize his speed

Nothing to do with arm strength... even noodle arm fitz can lob a deep ball to de Sean Jackson 

teams are bracketing Robby... it’s not like Sam is ignoring him wide open 

he did hit him for 50 week 1...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robby and Enunwa complement each other very well with completely different skill sets.

I think Bates will get both involved when the timing is right.  OL gels, they play some weaker pass rushes, the game slows down a bit for Darnold, etc.

Robby creates large separation with little effort.

It's going to work.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch the clip, the QB, the pressure, and Anderson, and then you might figure out what the problem is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morton was reason why Robbie had such a good year. Remember players were crying Morton ran the O around him, his only weapon. That was bound to change with Todd Bowles conservative offense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Stopped reading after “Robby is the most skilled WR”

Definitely the most gifted with straight line speed. He should be doing nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Robby has the same skill set that Josh McCown was able to exploit last year

I worry that Darnold doesn’t have enough arm to maximize his speed

Wait so 39 year old Josh McCown has a better arm than 21 year old Sam Darnold? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Mike mccganan is to blame that we have no deep passing game.  When the oline is so over matched that your qb has no choice but to get rid of it a second it puts crimps in your long game.

Also, here is a memo get your boy robbie to not fumble the ball every second time he get s his mitts on it.

You hit the nail on the head: this is the same offense we've been seeing since Ryan: an offense without a OL that can block. So, everything is predicated on getting the ball out quickly in the passing game.

As far as Morton goes, he sucked. He sucked because there's a bit of craziness thinking that you could dominate the line of scrimmage with the bums we had (have). Yeah, every once in a while, you come across a front seven that you can dominate up front. but, that is fools gold because even at its most successful, the run is secondary to passing. So, Morton's fixation on running was both unrealistic, it was setting the heights for the offense really low, always keeping pressure on the defense to play an opponent's full playbook.

What the Jets offensive brain trust seems to misunderstand: 14-3 is not the same as 21-3. And NO TEAM gives up in the first half, no matter what the score is. So, until they understand, from a playcalling perspective, that you have to be aggressive until the other team gives up, we'll never be a good offensive team.

And until we exploit the deep passing game, we'll always be a team that plays close games and loses its share of them.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He sure does have Robby phased out . That reverse in week 1 should of told he doesn’t have clue how to use Robby . Hell even kearse is phased out 

 

Its litterally enunwa and no one else at the moment . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Robby has the same skill set that Josh McCown was able to exploit last year

I worry that Darnold doesn’t have enough arm to maximize his speed

Not only that but imho way better WR’s to take the attention away from Anderson(no Enunwa or Pryor last year) and a better running game(marginally) thus far.

getting Robby the ball in the positions he’s been in where he has to handle contact is not smart. McCown and Morton worked it out last year, Bates and Darnold need to do the same....get him the ball deep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

You hit the nail on the head: this is the same offense we've been seeing since Ryan: an offense without a OL that can block. So, everything is predicated on getting the ball out quickly in the passing game.

As far as Morton goes, he sucked. He sucked because there's a bit of craziness thinking that you could dominate the line of scrimmage with the bums we had (have). Yeah, every once in a while, you come across a front seven that you can dominate up front. but, that is fools gold because even at its most successful, the run is secondary to passing. So, Morton's fixation on running was both unrealistic, it was setting the heights for the offense really low, always keeping pressure on the defense to play an opponent's full playbook.

What the Jets offensive brain trust seems to misunderstand: 14-3 is not the same as 21-3. And NO TEAM gives up in the first half, no matter what the score is. So, until they understand, from a playcalling perspective, that you have to be aggressive until the other team gives up, we'll never be a good offensive team.

And until we exploit the deep passing game, we'll always be a team that plays close games and loses its share of them.  

McCown and Morton were finding the time to exploit the deep passing game last year

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

McCown and Morton were finding the time to exploit the deep passing game last year

We didn’t have prior or more importantly Quincy and Morton had that O looking miles ahead of this one. Plus we upgraded at qb too. This O has Todd bowles/rex Ryan written all over it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, genot said:

This is a great article - I'm very glad to see he understands what his problem is.  It's going to take time for him - he has the skills just processing a little slowly right now.  it takes time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Robby has the same skill set that Josh McCown was able to exploit last year

I worry that Darnold doesn’t have enough arm to maximize his speed

 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait so 39 year old Josh McCown has a better arm than 21 year old Sam Darnold? 

Hope you guys and everyone else watches the video/thread/OP nico just posted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vader said:

Definitely the most gifted with straight line speed. He should be doing nothing else.

As long as that straight line speed heads straight out of NY next off season, I’m ok. This league has seen many one trick ponies. David Clowney ring a bell? Coincidentally, they both have the exact 40-Yard dash of 4.36. Can’t catch in traffic, can’t break a tackle (chicken legs), and fumbles when hit hard. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

McCown and Morton were finding the time to exploit the deep passing game last year

As did Darnold in the first game. I think you've kinda overestimated the exploitation. The Jets passing offense was 23rd or some such and Anderson had 800 yards. It wasn't an aerial circus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HessStation said:

 

Hope you guys and everyone else watches the video/thread/OP nico just posted...

So there you have it the HC Todd Bowles is a bigger moron than I actually thought he was all along. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...