Great video: jets not letting Darnold audible creating problems

nico002

i don’t get this since he was doing to great in the pre season 

my guess is the coaches trying to make the game simple with 3 games in 11 days 

but we are literally ******* ourselves here...

again, Sam did this BEAUTIFULLY in the pre season...

it explains why we looked so conservative, why Robby isn’t involved, why Sam “struggled” even though there were no plays to be made 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, nico002 said:

it explains why we looked so conservative, why Robby isn’t involved, why Sam “struggled” even though there were no plays to be made 

1) I think you probably answered your own question.   3 games in 11 days.

2) The ONLY way the Jets f*ck themselves... is by getting Sam Darnold injured early in his first season because of this ridiculous schedule and 4 nasty defenses in a row with elite pass rushers.   Von Miller follows after Sacksonville next week.   Not long after come the Vikings, and Khalil Mack after that.

Honestly, it's absurd.

Do you all wish we still had Teddy playing now?

This irates me to no end. I saw the Jets running into loaded boxes all game. I blame Bowles and his conservative no lose theories. Well how did it work out Todd? Please lord - I know u delivered a QB - I have 1 more small favor. We need a new offensive head coach. A good coach with some brains. Please. Thank you !  

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

This irates me to no end. I saw the Jets running into loaded boxes all game. I blame Bowles and his conservative no lose theories. Well how did it work out Todd? Please lord - I know u delivered a QB - I have 1 more small favor. We need a new offensive head coach. A good coach with some brains. Please. Thank you !  

I genuinely wholeheartedly unequivocally Fire Bowles today and give the job to Bates. 

HessStation for GM. Let’s make it happen people

39 minutes ago, nico002 said:

this was posted in another thread as well ( by you?) anyway, i watched and commented... Sam looked pissed coming off the field towad the end of that video  and gets bro hugged by someone in consolation- Kearse

oh, watch Winters get his lunch money taken @ 3:44...   sheesh

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Don't you think Bates is at least partially to blame? He should be fighting tooth and nail if bowles is limiting what his QB can do.

Yes Bates is to blame also. Jets should of never fired Morton. He had our offense doing great until McCown went down. Bates must of got in Bowles ear saying he would run more. I’m sick to my stomach over these guys. 

So we know for sure that there are no checks here? It’s not just some internet guy claiming there are no checks? There’s another video that shows that Sam has been bad at pre-snaps reads. Maybe they took that off his plate with only 3 days rest since he was already making mistakes with 6 days rest.

Just now, JiF said:

Jesus h Christ.  Fire everyone 

At this point if there is anything left of Sam at the end of the year, we must have a front office capable of  developing a FQB. If not then we might as well write a sympathy card to him and his parents now because these dunces are going to kill his career. 

The offense is being hamstrung by a rookie QB who drops back, isn't sure where to go with the football, then realizes the pockets collapsing, scrambles and finds the receiver closest to him that can catch the ball. That's why there's no downfield passing game. It's the reason why defenses are playing close to the line. If you watch the Anderson highlight video. Mccown, under as much pressure as Darnold has been, was able to complete plays downfield. Until Darnold goes through his progressions quicker, this will be a problem. He's a rookie QB. none of this should be surprising anyone. If anything Bowles is putting too much faith in Darnold, by starting him from the get go. If Bowles is fired, it would be for other reasons. Not hamstringing the QB.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

The offense is being hamstrung by a rookie QB who drops back, isn't sure where to go with the football, then realizes the pockets collapsing, scrambles and finds the receiver closest to him that can catch the ball. That's why there's no downfield passing game. It's the reason why defenses are playing close to the line. If you watch the Anderson highlight video. Mccown, under as much pressure as Darnold has been, was able to complete plays downfield. Until Darnold goes through his progressions quicker, this will be a problem. He's a rookie QB. none of this should be surprising anyone. If anything Bowles is putting too much faith in Darnold, by starting him from the get go. If Bowles is fired, it would be for other reasons. Not hamstringing the QB.

Holy hell

21 minutes ago, genot said:

Totally incorrect... 

23 minutes ago, genot said:

I feel like you’re not paying attention. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I feel like you’re not paying attention. 

I've not rewatched tape but in real time I cane away feeling that the coaches are playing it close to vest with Sam for sure, but I think its warranted 

But, how does this guy know that Sam isn’t allowed to check? I’ve definitely seen him check to other stuff over the course of the first few weeks. How does this guy know that Sam simply isn’t choosing to check out of hopeles plays? 

Seems like a ton of overreaction here, in general.

The dude has played three games. They were obviously being very conservative on Thursday, but a lot of it had to do with them not wanting to get him killed behind this mediocre offensive line. He was under constant durress for a lot of that game. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Which is a surefire way of getting him killed imo.

if he needs to wear kid gloves he shouldn’t be starting 

Guy needs live reps

2 years of college + 1 year of HS.. one of the least experiance QB's ever 

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

Guy needs live reps

2 years of college + 1 year of HS.. one of the least experiance QB's ever 

He also needs to understand the game and playbook before he gets live reps. There’s no exact science to this but if you won’t allow audibles or he can’t see it yet he’s going to get killed and regress like Thursday night. Brady and Rodgers both sat. There’s no need to rush it if you’re not able to instill a certain amount of confidence in him. Also, they’ve done next to nothing putting the right roster around him. 

We’ll see. I think he’s got the right mental makeup to persevere through the struggles but they need to loosen things up or he’ll get killed

44 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He also needs to understand the game and playbook before he gets live reps. There’s no exact science to this but if you won’t allow audibles or he can’t see it yet he’s going to get killed and regress like Thursday night. Brady and Rodgers both sat. There’s no need to rush it if you’re not able to instill a certain amount of confidence in him. Also, they’ve done next to nothing putting the right roster around him. 

We’ll see. I think he’s got the right mental makeup to persevere through the struggles but they need to loosen things up or he’ll get killed

Blah blah .. Peyton didnt sit.  We are dealing with the most experienced early rd1 pick prolly ever. Give him reps and if he folds he wasnt going to make it anyway 

This year is a wash which is what cracks me up about all the people jumping off the ledge 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Blah blah .. Peyton didnt sit.  We are dealing with the most experienced early rd1 pick prolly ever. Give him reps and if he folds he wasnt going to make it anyway 

This year is a wash which is what cracks me up about all the people jumping off the ledge 

Peyton also was never coddled which is my point. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be starting. I’m saying he shouldn’t be starting if you’re going to treat him with kid gloves. 

Hello they had 8 men in the box with press the whole night and they’re not allowing audibles (or he can’t make them) and we’re running toss sweeps and bubble screens. 

Archived