Great video: jets not letting Darnold audible creating problems

nico002

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

I genuinely wholeheartedly unequivocally Fire Bowles today and give the job to Bates. 

HessStation for GM. Let’s make it happen people

This insulting BS is SQUARELY on Bowles. This bastard is the worst coach we may have ever had. 

Conservative is an understatement. Absolute downgrade from Rex and that is completely pathetic. 

Not even worth watching another game til this fraud is gone. Which PISSES ME OFF TO NO END bc I wanna watch Sam progress. 

But that is impossible because this pussy of a "coach" refuses to let the QB play no matter who it is. 

We all better pray Darnold has the resolve ppl touted because this scumbag will destroy the kid's psyche if he's allowed to remain and keep him handcuffed. 

I'm not sure I've ever been so disgusted in this "team" in my life. This ashsole should have been FIRED IMMEDIATELY following the game last year where he quit and told Morton to stop passing bc Bryce Fukcing Petty was moving the ball too well making his beloved McCown look foolish. 

But Nooooo... This fcking LOSER gets to make Morton the escape goat and SOME FCKING HOW IS PERMITTED TO FIRE HIM

FIRE THIS BASTARD NOW DAMMIT

1Z5ckLr.gif

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Hey, before you go, I have a fun True or False question for you:

Being that he is the youngest and most inexperienced starting QB in the history of the NFL, it is possible that Darnold CHOSE not to audible in situations in which he probably should have. 

True or False? 

I woke up this morning!

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I read it was. Internet be wrong?

Pretty much. It wasn’t his first read but he didn’t audible. Whether he has yet in 3 games, i honestly don’t know, you’d think he has but not sure after reading to OP. Pac can sh*t on the guy bc he’s a layman but the guy put in the work and really did a nice analysis, whoever he is. Who’s too blame, is an assumption. 

I’m not down on Sam btw, the coaching a different story. 

31 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Pretty much. It wasn’t his first read but he didn’t audible. Whether he has yet in 3 games, i honestly don’t know, you’d think he has but not sure after reading to OP. Pac can sh*t on the guy bc he’s a layman but the guy put in the work and really did a nice analysis, whoever he is. Who’s too blame, is an assumption. 

I’m not down on Sam btw, the coaching a different story. 

You could hear him yelling ‘kill kill kill’ at the line of scrimmage vs either the browns or dolphins, I can’t remember, but know I heard it

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You could hear him yelling ‘kill kill kill’ at the line of scrimmage vs either the browns or dolphins, I can’t remember, but know I heard it

My guess could be it’s a Greg Williams defense on the road, a 3rd game rookie. 

I think you have to figure some kind of audibles the first three games though, even for a rookie. Although Sanchez had color cards. 

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

My guess could be it’s a Greg Williams defense on the road, a 3rd game rookie. 

I think you have to figure some kind of audibles the first three games though, even for a rookie. Although Sanchez had color cards. 

Exactly. That D is for real.

We don’t have as much talent as they do on our roster. We played 3 games in what, 11 days? Something had to give.

Bowles teams are notirious for only showing up for half a game. Browns played 60 minutes. We didn’t.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly. That D is for real.

We don’t have as much talent as they do on our roster. We played 3 games in what, 11 days? Something had to give.

Bowles teams are notirious for only showing up for half a game. Browns played 60 minutes. We didn’t.

I just don’t know how you watch that game and this guy’s analysis, which is really good btw, and not question wtf is going on. Short week, rookie qb,  vs. a great defensive mind,  away game, nationally televised..ok.  Now let’s see how, when they adjust moving forward. 

The more ways you look at last week, it’s less and less on Darnold and more on the the coaching staff or their total confidence in him. 

1. We know the playcalling was bad 2. He didn’t seem to audible at all at the line...which was also bad. The why is as important but a separate issue

We have no way of knowing this for sure without stealing Bowles/Bates game plan for Thursday. 

In fact Darnold killed a couple of plays at the line Thursday night...I even remember him changing some of the WR routes(or giving dummy signals) during the lions game 

It could just be his decision not to audible because he isn’t diagnosing the defense properly pre-snap.....

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

If he isn’t making them bc they’re not allowing him to, he isn’t ready. True

if he isn’t making them bc he’s choosing not to, he isn’t ready. True 

It really doesn’t matter which one. 

Since you agree the answer to my question was true, you are implicitly admitting that you have zero proof that Darnold wasn't allowed to audible during Thursday night's game. 

Hence, this thread is nonsense. 

Carry on. 

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

We have no way of knowing this for sure without stealing Bowles/Bates game plan for Thursday. 

In fact Darnold killed a couple of plays at the line Thursday night

It could just be his decision not to audible because he isn’t diagnosing the defense properly pre-snap.....

Yeah I’m guessing he’s got a 1 option audible with the “kill”. I get it, their not forcing to much at him.

still hard to watch some of those play calls Thursday.

in getting over it

agAin, my issue is potentially w the coaches less w Darnold. At least for now

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Since you agree the answer to my question was true, you are implicitly admitting that you have zero proof that Darnold wasn't allowed to audible during Thursday night's game. 

Hence, this thread is nonsense. 

Carry on. 

There’s separate conversations going on around this. Your participation is optional.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Yeah I’m guessing he’s got a 1 option audible with the “kill”. I get it, their not forcing to much at him.

still hard to watch some of those play calls Thursday.

in getting over it

agAin, my issue is potentially w the coaches less w Darnold. At least for now

Absolutely...regardless of Darnold’s responsibilities the play calling was absolutely garbage....it’s a symptom of our CS overall ideology....to feel comfortable with sitting on a 14-0 lead in today’s NFL is inexcusable 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe because he's, quite literally, the most inexperienced starting quarterback in NFL history who's still learning how to competently play the position?

Just a guess. 

...possible, my guess most likely. Then he shouldn’t be starting bc Thursday night is how you get him killed. 

18 hours ago, nico002 said:

i don’t get this since he was doing to great in the pre season 

my guess is the coaches trying to make the game simple with 3 games in 11 days 

but we are literally ******* ourselves here...

again, Sam did this BEAUTIFULLY in the pre season...

it explains why we looked so conservative, why Robby isn’t involved, why Sam “struggled” even though there were no plays to be made 

that's not entirely true.  there was at least one play where darnold is saying "kill, kill, kill" was he moves up behind center.  i'm not quite sure if he called his own play after that but it sure seems like the phrase indicates he was moving away from the original play.  nevertheless, it does seem like they are trying to control him and that means he will hesitant to do other than what the play calls for.

18 hours ago, Losmeister said:

this was posted in another thread as well ( by you?) anyway, i watched and commented... Sam looked pissed coming off the field towad the end of that video  and gets bro hugged by someone in consolation- Kearse

oh, watch Winters get his lunch money taken @ 3:44...   sheesh

Winters is a below average Guard in this league getting paid like he's above average. This is a theme here with the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

There’s separate conversations going on around this. Your participation is optional.

Everyone's participation is always optional. Not sure what this means. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

...possible, my guess most likely. Then he shouldn’t be starting bc Thursday night is how you get him killed. 

Fine, but this is a very different argument from the nonsense that I openly mocked.

I initially called bullsh*t on the (entirely unsubstantiated) notion that Darnold wasn't allowed to make audibles during Thursday night's game. You have since admitted that there is no proof to confirm such a silly premise. The possibility of Darnold not being ready to start at QB is completely irrelevant to my point. 

Once again, my point is that there is no actual evidence to support the claim that Darnold wasn't allowed to audible against Cleveland. Hence, the OP, along with this entire thread, is nonsense. 

Carry on.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Everyone's participation is always optional. Not sure what this means. 

Fine, but this is a very different argument from the nonsense that I openly mocked.

I initially called bullsh*t on the (entirely unsubstantiated) notion that Darnold wasn't allowed to make audibles during Thursday night's game. You have since admitted that there is no proof to confirm such a silly premise. The possibility of Darnold not being ready to start at QB is completely irrelevant to my point. 

Once again, my point is that there is no actual evidence to support the claim that Darnold wasn't allowed to audible against Cleveland. Hence, the OP, along with this entire thread, is nonsense. 

Carry on.

you’re arguing w the wrong person. 

Bowles is a complete conservative boob. Is there anyone here that believes he was thinking TOUCH DOWN is a must on that FG drive? Browns just tied it up, the stadium is rocking, your moving the ball & FINALLY out of the shadow of your own goal posts & you know DAMN WELL moving the ball consistently is probably out of the question based on how that game was going & how big MO was 100% on Clevelands side. 

Knowing all of that, instead of going for the throat & doing everything & anything to regain a 7 point lead, the Jets don't even take a shot & play for a FG hoping Bowles defense will hold.

I would have had no issue if Sam had thrown a pick in the endzone! Sure, at the moment I'd be pissed but after I settled, I'd realize we f*cking went for it trying to win. Bowles defenses have lost a lot of 14 point leads over the last 3 years. And was anyone surprised the D couldn't hold at the end of the 2nd? Like f*cking clockwork with Bowles/Rogers defenses.

11 hours ago, Pac said:

some guy with a minor speech impediment makes a home made conspiracy video and now people believe Darnold isn't allowed to audible? 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This place is. . . "funny." Personally, I choose to embrace it. 

Rather than making fun of someone with a speech impediment, you could always post something proving the guy wrong. All the plays he showed are legit criticism. We don’t know for sure that he could have audibles and didn’t, but if he could, and didn’t, either the coaches are not teaching him properly, or he’s not ready to play, and thhe coaches are playing him anyway.

No matter how you slice it, the coaching is bad. But surely keep making fun of the speech impediment.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Rather than making fun of someone with a speech impediment, you could always post something proving the guy wrong. All the plays he showed are legit criticism. We don’t know for sure that he could have audibles and didn’t, but if he could, and didn’t, either the coaches are not teaching him properly, or he’s not ready to play, and thhe coaches are playing him anyway.

No matter how you slice it, the coaching is bad. But surely keep making fun of the speech impediment.

I'll tell you a secret.  he doesn't really have a speech impediment...  i was playing.

but to your point I agree.  McCown should have started at least half the season while Darnold learned.  Too late for that now though.

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Winters is a below average Guard in this league getting paid like he's above average. This is a theme here with the Jets. 

i dont know where his biggest fan went, but he just kept repeating that he was an above avg player...   

i mean, if you're not 12 y/o, and have watched sports, anyone can see this guy needs replacing

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

1) I didn't make fun of anyone's speech impediment, so I'm not sure why you quoted me. In the future, be careful who you quote when you make such an accusation. 

2) The onus is on the guy who made the video to prove that Darnold wasn't allowed to make audibles. That's the claim that he seemed to be making, and as I and others have pointed out ad nauseam, that claim has not been substantiated.

People in this thread are acting as if:

"Darnold didn't make audibles that he should have" = "Darnold was not allowed to make audibles"

Those sort of logical fallacies amuse me and I will continue to highlight them. 

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Bc you seem to be missing the point 

No, YOU seem to be missing the point. 

My first post in this thread was simply highlighting the reality that no one has any proof that Darnold wasn't allowed to audible. You responded with: "How many audibles did he call in the game?" I then proceeded to point out why that reply was irrelevant to my observation. 

I'm not sure what your confusion is here. 

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

1) I didn't make fun of anyone's speech impediment, so I'm not sure why you quoted me. In the future, be careful who you quote when you make such an accusation. 

2) The onus is on the guy who made the video to prove that Darnold wasn't allowed to make audibles. That's the claim that he seemed to be making, and as I and others have pointed out ad nauseam, that claim has not been substantiated.

People in this thread are acting as if:

"Darnold didn't make audibles that he should have" = "Darnold was not allowed to make audibles"

Those sort of logical fallacies amuse me and I will continue to highlight them. 

Meh, the guy made a video with some pretty compelling points. We are fans, we can chose to believe or not believe the creator. I believe his case, you don’t, not sure there is Onus on anyone to be honest, my point was to PAC BTW, but he filled me in on his big secret.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Meh, the guy made a video with some pretty compelling points. We are fans, we can chose to believe or not believe the creator. I believe his case, you don’t, not sure there is Onus on anyone to be honest, my point was to PAC BTW, but he filled me in on his big secret.

It has nothing to do with believing anyone. The video shows some great examples of plays that were doomed from the start and probably should have been changed at the line.

But, to take that information and conclude that Darnold wasn't allowed to audible is a gargantuan leap that the creator of the video, as well as several in this thread, have decided to take. Again, "Darnold didn't audible in situations in which he should have" is not equal to "Darnold wasn't allowed to audible." 

Archived