As of this minute, the best player on this team was an Idzik pick

ASH1962

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

This

Through 3 weeks he’s playing at an all-pro level, the Gore blunder aside.

We’ll see if he can sustain it, but it looks like he’s definitely turned the corner.

He was on fire Thursday night in the first half. Extremely encouraging 

He's made 4 or so blunders, but that's in about 180 snaps. 

I love Q, I really do, but Adams is the best player 

Adams and Q are playing well.  

The point, which is well taken, that in 4 years Mac's drafts were very poor, on an overall basis.

He did obtain a Franchise QB.

I think it ultimately comes down to whether the Johnsons think that Mac's team can turn it around and do better.  My guess is that they have a WASPy chat about it and come to that understanding.  Its 50/50 whether it works out. 

I am less optimistic that they come to the same conclusion on Bowles.  

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The last game 100% illustrated what wins in this league and what does not.  Safeties and ilbs do not make you win, pass rushers and oline and weapons do.

While the above is true.... So is the fact that Adams is the best player on the team at the present. Hopefully by mid season its Darnold. 

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So lame ... Adams and Lee
have been balling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They have played their best game after a couple of years.  Both  have still made big mistakes.  Safeties and ilbs do not help you win in this league unless they are all  around totally elite.

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

While the above is true.... So is the fact that Adams is the best player on the team at the present. Hopefully by mid season its Darnold. 

He's the best run stopping, blitzing safety that i will agree.  but that is his game.  He still is not a good cover guy and they seem to ask him to cover less and less.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

So this is what has become of us? 

Idzik drafts vs Macc drafts? 

That's like a twisted game of would you rather ?

Only problem is that one of them is still employed by this team and making the big decisions. 

57 minutes ago, varjet said:

Adams and Q are playing well.  

The point, which is well taken, that in 4 years Mac's drafts were very poor, on an overall basis.

He did obtain a Franchise QB.

I think it ultimately comes down to whether the Johnsons think that Mac's team can turn it around and do better.  My guess is that they have a WASPy chat about it and come to that understanding.  Its 50/50 whether it works out. 

I am less optimistic that they come to the same conclusion on Bowles.  

I think it ultimately comes down to who has had more control over the roster, Bowles or Macc. I firmly believe that Macc has catered to almost every Bowles whim up until this draft. If Johnson’s see it that way, that may sway them. If it’s truly Macca roster, they both will be gone. Either way I want them both gone

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

What? I thought Leonard Williams was a HUGE! steal. He was going to go first guys but Mac scooped him up even though they had Wilkerson and Richardson. Seriously he will extend him for huge money only to validate his pick.

The size and structure of that contract will definitely be an interesting thing.  If it's any more than something like 60-70% of what guys like Fletcher Cox and Aaron Donald are getting it will be tough to swallow unless we see Williams take another step this year.

Archived