Steelers now listening to trade offers for RB Le’Veon Bell...

AbstraKt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since he is under the tag, can't sign him long term.  And since he is not willing to play for Pitt under the tag, why would he play for us.  Why give up a pick for a 6 game rental in a lost season. 

He will see free agency next year, that is the time to pursue him.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Since he is under the tag, can't sign him long term.  And since he is not willing to play for Pitt under the tag, why would he play for us.  Why give up a pick for a 6 game rental in a lost season. 

Exactly

I’m all for going hard after him next offseason and running him into the ground for 2-3 years. He’s really the only legit offensive playmaker that we can realistically obtain anyway.

But I’m not trading any draft capital for him without him signing a deal.

55 minutes ago, Lith said:

They cant sign him to a new contract, he will receive the money he is due, but they could sign him to an extension I believe.  

FWIW, Im not advocating it.

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

They cant sign him to a new contract, he will receive the money he is due, but they could sign him to an extension I believe.  

FWIW, Im not advocating it.

I don't think they can.  The deadline to sign a tagged player to an extension was in July.  Since Pitt did not sign him, he has to play the season under the tag and reach free agency.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets need every one of their draft picks in the coming years. Every single ******* one. And they need to be drafting nothing but skill positions, especially on offense. Under no circumstances should the Jets be exploring this type of sh*t, even for conditional 7th rounders.

100% correct 100% not happening 

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Steelers have zero leverage. If he’s available for a non-first round pick then we should do it - we have the money and he is an elite weapon. Better we do it now and lock him up (if we can) instead of getting into a bidding war during free agency...

Can’t lock him up and he doesn’t want to be a Jets player. You can find the next Bell in the 2nd or 3rd round next year. You’d actually just have to invest a draft pick into a running back first. 

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Guys already said he wouldn't play for the Jets for $60,000,000.  Why would you want to throw away a 3rd round pick?

I don't think the Steelers would take a 3rd round pick, so was just bidding for fun :)

Bell does not help this team unless they take Bowles in the trade 

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

We’re not a $15 million/yr running back away from the playoffs - HARD pass.

It depends on what we have to give the Steelers as compensation. A weapon like Bell would be invaluable to Darold’s development. He really has no playmaker right now.

Archived