AbstraKt

Steelers now listening to trade offers for RB Le’Veon Bell...

Rate this topic

Depending on the compensation the Steelers are asking, I wouldn’t mind adding him. He’s a top talent and would give us a real offensive playmaker and would be great for Darnold to have a real weapon.

The Jets need every one of their draft picks in the coming years. Every single ******* one. And they need to be drafting nothing but skill positions, especially on offense. Under no circumstances should the Jets be exploring this type of sh*t, even for conditional 7th rounders.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Since he is under the tag, can't sign him long term.  And since he is not willing to play for Pitt under the tag, why would he play for us.  Why give up a pick for a 6 game rental in a lost season. 

He will see free agency next year, that is the time to pursue him.

Exactly

I’m all for going hard after him next offseason and running him into the ground for 2-3 years. He’s really the only legit offensive playmaker that we can realistically obtain anyway.

But I’m not trading any draft capital for him without him signing a deal.

55 minutes ago, Lith said:

Since he is under the tag, can't sign him long term.  And since he is not willing to play for Pitt under the tag, why would he play for us.  Why give up a pick for a 6 game rental in a lost season. 

He will see free agency next year, that is the time to pursue him.

They cant sign him to a new contract, he will receive the money he is due, but they could sign him to an extension I believe.  

FWIW, Im not advocating it.

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

They cant sign him to a new contract, he will receive the money he is due, but they could sign him to an extension I believe.  

FWIW, Im not advocating it.

I don't think they can.  The deadline to sign a tagged player to an extension was in July.  Since Pitt did not sign him, he has to play the season under the tag and reach free agency.

The Steelers have zero leverage. If he’s available for a non-first round pick then we should do it - we have the money and he is an elite weapon. Better we do it now and lock him up (if we can) instead of getting into a bidding war during free agency...

18 minutes ago, Vader said:

Watch the patriots somehow pull this off 

How about the Jags -- especially if Fournette is going to miss any significant time.  Pretty sure they would have the cap space to pay him.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets need every one of their draft picks in the coming years. Every single ******* one. And they need to be drafting nothing but skill positions, especially on offense. Under no circumstances should the Jets be exploring this type of sh*t, even for conditional 7th rounders.

100% correct 100% not happening 

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Steelers have zero leverage. If he’s available for a non-first round pick then we should do it - we have the money and he is an elite weapon. Better we do it now and lock him up (if we can) instead of getting into a bidding war during free agency...

Can’t lock him up and he doesn’t want to be a Jets player. You can find the next Bell in the 2nd or 3rd round next year. You’d actually just have to invest a draft pick into a running back first. 

If you can get him for a reasonable price then you make the trade and pay him whatever it takes to lock him up for 3 years.

This isn’t about wins or losses it’s about giving Darnold help. The Jets have no legit threats or weapons. Bell will take pressure off Datnold. Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app