Steelers now listening to trade offers for RB Le’Veon Bell...

AbstraKt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His goal is to play as little as possible this year and hit free agency next year 

By rule the Jets cannot sign him to an extension 

That's like trying to buy a car where the seller says, "it's got too many miles on it and the tread on the tires is wearing down, I don't want to drive it until next April's auction" and you up your offer 

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets need every one of their draft picks in the coming years. Every single ******* one. And they need to be drafting nothing but skill positions, especially on offense. Under no circumstances should the Jets be exploring this type of sh*t, even for conditional 7th rounders.

I would be fine with drafting O Line, which is not a skill position, but yeah, time to help the O

59 minutes ago, Larz said:

His goal is to play as little as possible this year and hit free agency next year 

That's like trying to buy a car where the seller says, "it's got too many miles on it and the tread on the tires is wearing down, I don't want to drive it until next April's auction" and you up your offer 

Is that the rule?  Even if he's traded he can't be signed because the dates past?  If that's true a team wou have to be insane to surrender anything for him

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Is that the rule?  Even if he's traded he can't be signed because the dates past?  If that's true a team wou have to be insane to surrender anything for him

Everything I've read says the same thing, you can't offer an extension until after the league year ends 

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I have read the same thing.  Only way it would make sense to trade for him is if a contender thinks he can make the difference for them in a stretch run and in the playoffs.  Say, Fournette's injury is worse than expectred, might be worth it for a team like the Jags to send a pick to Pitt.  But aside from someone looking to win now, a trade would not make much sense.

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

WOW

He's already on record saying he doesn't want to play for the Jets, and there are people on here wanting us to give up draft picks for him.  LOL

WOW

that was immediately debunked. 

the guy is a Jets fan.

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets need every one of their draft picks in the coming years. Every single ******* one. And they need to be drafting nothing but skill positions, especially on offense. Under no circumstances should the Jets be exploring this type of sh*t, even for conditional 7th rounders.

With Macs draft record, I'd be more than happy to send them a pick for Bell IF we were able to sign him to an extension but from what ive been reading here we can't right?

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

um... no.

um yes

Of course his agent had him with draw such a stupid statement, he did say it

Le'Veon Bell says $60 million 'ain't enough to come run with the Jets'

Feb 1 | 3:27PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Dec 25, 2017; Houston, TX, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (26) runs with the ball during the second quarter against the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports (Troy Taormina)
Dec 25, 2017; Houston, TX, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (26) runs with the ball during the second quarter against the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports (Troy Taormina)

Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell, a pending free agent, tweeted on Thursday that $60 million "ain't enough to come run with the Jets."

Bell was responding to a tweet from a fan who jokingly offered to pay him $60 million in cash if he joined the Jets.

After seeing Bell's response, Jets S Jamal Adams had a response of his own.

Woah big dawg. Show some luv. We will be the talk of the league this coming year. How much you need? Let me run to the bank. I gotcha my boy. Haha #DontSleep

Bell, 25, rushed 321 times for 1,291 yards and nine touchdowns this season. He also had 85 receptions for 655 yards and two touchdowns.

The Jets will have roughly $100 million to spend this offseason, with free agency beginning on March 14.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

um yes

Of course his agent had him with draw such a stupid statement, he did say it

Le'Veon Bell says $60 million 'ain't enough to come run with the Jets'

Feb 1 | 3:27PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell, a pending free agent, tweeted on Thursday that $60 million "ain't enough to come run with the Jets."

Bell was responding to a tweet from a fan who jokingly offered to pay him $60 million in cash if he joined the Jets.

After seeing Bell's response, Jets S Jamal Adams had a response of his own.

Woah big dawg. Show some luv. We will be the talk of the league this coming year. How much you need? Let me run to the bank. I gotcha my boy. Haha #DontSleep

Bell, 25, rushed 321 times for 1,291 yards and nine touchdowns this season. He also had 85 receptions for 655 yards and two touchdowns.

The Jets will have roughly $100 million to spend this offseason, with free agency beginning on March 14.

thanks for proving my point.  He never said he doesn't want to play for the Jets.  He said that $60 million isn't enough to play for the Jets.  Completely different statement and meaning from what was being implied earlier.  And it's the ame thing he would have said with regard to any team at $60 million.  So, um....  "No" to Bell saying he doesn't want to play for the Jets.  That's a complete distortion of what Bell actually said.  

18 hours ago, Larz said:

By rule Alex Smith couldn't be traded and sign an extension until the new league started on March 14, he was still traded with his 4/$40M announced on January 30. 

20 hours ago, flgreen said:

Guys already said he wouldn't play for the Jets for $60,000,000.  Why would you want to throw away a 3rd round pick?

He wouldn't play for the Steelers for $70M, why would he play for $60M with the Jets?

Le'Veon Bell is undoubtedly a special talent, but owes a lot to the Steeler's offensive line and other weapons.  That is evidenced by the fact DeAngelo Williams looked good when he started there and James Connor looking great at the moment. 

If Bell comes here behind this line and no other offensive weapons, he will see a considerable drop in production.  It would be a mistake to trade for Bell.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

You guys who want Bell are forgetting one thing. What good is an elite RB behind a crappy OL? For that reason alone you shouldn't want the guy. 

I could be wrong but he did have 80 catches last year right and has shown ability to lineup in the slot and on the outside and make plays right ? 

Seems like he could help in more than just one way but yeah he can’t run behind this Oline that has both Powell and Crowell avg 4.5 ypc 

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You guys who want Bell are forgetting one thing. What good is an elite RB behind a crappy OL? For that reason alone you shouldn't want the guy. 

OL is sh*t pass blocking but they have opened up Crowell and Powell to a decent extent. It really only shows when a decent pass rusher destroys Kelvin Beachum as quick as the ball gets snapped.

I think Bell can be had for a 4th rounder immediately... if they wait a week or two its gonna go down to 5th. People that think teams will trade more then that are insane... There is a small market for him and there is still a huge liability that he won't come back to the team that trades for him.  He cannot sign a long term deal, so why, even if he is traded does he suit up for any team before week 10. 

There will have to be some sort of back deal handshake that he won't have to honor but could really hurt the reputation of Adisa Bakari, if he doesn't honor it.

Bell might also ask for a 15 Million dollar contract that pays him the full salary he would have had or he still sits out till week 10. This is not Mack or Garapollo, this is a RB.

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I could be wrong but he did have 80 catches last year right and has shown ability to lineup in the slot and on the outside and make plays right ? 

Seems like he could help in more than just one way but yeah he can’t run behind this Oline that has both Powell and Crowell avg 4.5 ypc 

Yes he did. The guy has not been through TC either. An injury waiting to happen. It doesn't really matter you would have to be crazy to think the Steelers trade him in the AFC anyway. If he is traded what team in the NFC could use an elite RB? Packers come to mind. I

Archived