Steelers now listening to trade offers for RB Le’Veon Bell...

AbstraKt

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes he did. The guy has not been through TC either. An injury waiting to happen. It doesn't really matter you would have to be crazy to think the Steelers trade him in the AFC anyway. If he is traded what team in the NFC could use an elite RB? Packers come to mind. I

Here’s a fun fact he missed last years training camp too . Played 15 games and had another huge year..

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

1 Steeler fan said let’s trade for Darron Lee straight up and even throw in a mid-round pick. LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Other fans really do view our guys differently.

That's because they don't actually watch them, they just look at draft position

On 9/23/2018 at 1:26 PM, BigRy56 said:

It’s going to happen 

It would basically be a one year "lease" on this guy. The he becomes a FA and can hold teams feet to the fire. Wait until next year and bid on him. I am still pi$$ed at Mac for letting Khalil Mack get away. That was the move to make regardless of draft choices. Mack is a future HOF player that wreaks havoc on offenses. With Mack the Jets would stand a chance to dethrone the Patriots. Now, no chance.

I don't mind trading a draft pick... I mind signing him to a 500 million dollar 10 year fully guaranteed deal... That would suck. The Jets would be so handicapped to fill the other vital areas... Like, you know, LT, RT, G, LT and RT again, DE, OLB... 

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Here’s a fun fact he missed last years training camp too . Played 15 games and had another huge year..

Here's another fun fact friend. Its going into week 4 right now and you think he will be ready to play in this weekends game? I don't. So not only will he have missed TC but at least the first 4 games of the season AT A MINIMUM. I believe he will miss week 5 as well. The Steelers will take their time and get the best deal. Who knows how long this will be drawn out? I also believe THERE IS NO WAY The Steelers trade him within the AFC. No way. The last thing they want is to face Bell in a  game or worse yet a play-off game. So no Jacksonville, no Patriots as some have said. If they trade Bell at all it will be to an NFC team just like the Raiders did with Mack.

7 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Better yes but Harvin was done in desperation and so would this trade.  

Nah..not necessarily. We were like 1-6 when we made that trade. It’s not that bad yet. We’d be doing this to take focus and pressure off Darnold and secure some wins.

Chances are that we’d be trying to talk business with him in the offseason anyway. Might as well try and get him now then draft AJ Brown or a LT.

playmakers, playmakers, playmakers.

17 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Look at the RBs the Steelers have had play when Bell was suspended or holding out. Conner has looked good and Williams looked very good in the past.   Sometimes it’s the OL and/or system.  

Conner had 13 yards rushing till about 5 min left in the 4th quarter tonight

Last year Bell had 321 carries and 85 receptions = 406 touches...For his career (5 seasons) He's had 1541 touches.  He's also had a Lisfranc injury in Aug. '13, (missed the 1st 3 games of the season), a grade 1 concussion in Nov. '13 (cleared protocol-no games missed), a grade 1 hyperextended ACL in Dec.'14 (missed wild card playoff game), a grade 3 MCL tear in Nov.'15 (week 9-missed rest of the season) and an Inguinal Groin Sports Hernia in Jan. '17 as reported by Mike Tomlin, and never appeared on the injury report. He underwent surgery in mid March '17.

Too much tread on the tires for the price, and not an immediate need.  Pass rusher, O-line help, LB depth way more important.

Think Bell is a just a liiittle better than Harvin, wouldn’t you agree?
Harvin was a pretty good player for the vikings, he wasn't great or terrible with us. What worries me is that the guy who the Steelers are using now is doing pretty good what if we trade for bell give him a big contract and he simply isn't as good with us as he was with the Steelers. This is a real possibility that any team trading for him has to think about.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Harvin was a pretty good player for the vikings, he wasn't great or terrible with us. What worries me is that the guy who the Steelers are using now is doing pretty good what if we trade for bell give him a big contract and he simply isn't as good with us as he was with the Steelers. This is a real possibility that any team trading for him has to think about.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

I’m not saying Bell isn’t a good player but any full time rb in that offense with Ben and Antonio stretching the field will be productive 

Archived