Let The Bills Game Serve As A Lesson to Coaching

Grandy

The Bills have given complete control of the offense to Allen, and the Browns did the same with Baker and look at how they've balked out. 

We need to let Darnold air it out, throw on early downs, and use his legs. Give him the reins to the offense and trust him. Stop protecting him with putting him behind an easily predictable simplistic run focused gameplan. 

We'll see similar results to the Browns and Bills (if not better) if we just let Sam play without handcuffs. Sadly I fear we will need new coaching for that.

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

The Bills have given complete control of the offense to Allen, and the Browns did the same with Baker and look at how they've balked out. 

We need to let Darnold air it out, throw on early downs, and use his legs. Give him the reins to the offense and trust him. Stop protecting him with putting him behind an easily predictable simplistic run focused gameplan....

Might have to fire the HC first. Dear god somebody give me the GM job already

We keep bitching how we should've drafted a pass rusher or Offensive linemen the last few years. The Buffalo game today proves that with a good game plan, and a good young QB, you can win in this league, even with the worst OL in the league. I'm so sick and tired of hearing what we "need" on our roster. The Jets just need to go out there and get it fugging done!

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We keep bitching how we should've drafted a pass rusher or Offensive linemen the last few years. The Buffalo game today proves that with a good game plan, and a good young QB, you can win in this league, even with the worst OL in the league. I'm so sick and tired of hearing what we "need" on our roster. The Jets just need to go out there and get it fugging done!

The Jets drafted the wrong QB. Darnold is a bust and Im ready for everyone to see the light. 

Just now, GreenWhite said:

Taking Darnold over Allen made as much sense as taking Adams over Mahomes. 

Darnold has no upside and I look at him as career backup at best. 

You should be a GM you seem to know more than every scout or coach.  Maybe they should call you....being that you are probably living in your parents basement 

40 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Bingo....every team in the league has jag’s and journeymen, other peoples castoffs and UDFA’s beating out high draft picks....coaching  needs to maximise what it has, turn water into wine...get everyone playing above and beyond themselves

we are no different, we just don’t appear to have a coach who can elevate

1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

Bingo....every team in the league has jag’s and journeymen, other peoples castoffs and UDFA’s beating out high draft picks....coaching  needs to maximise what it has, turn water into wine...get everyone playing above and beyond themselves

we are no different, we just don’t appear to have a coach who can elevate

To be fair our oline and pass rush is pretty horrid.  Most teams have at least one decent side

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You should be a GM you seem to know more than every scout or coach.  Maybe they should call you....being that you are probably living in your parents basement 

Bit unnecessary....just because he has an opinion you disagree with

fwiw How do you know what every scout or coach thinks?...there were some, albeit in the minority, who had legitimate questions about Darnold. and more than a few who believe Allen was the best player in the draft. They may be entirely proven wrong over time but to act like nobody had a contrary view is wrong 

36 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I dont think you know football buddy.

Darnold WILL be better than Allen. That's Faxx 

Honestly, we don't know yet how any of these rookie QB's will turn out. But can I give you and everyone else a word of advice? Don't waste your time arguing with this guy. He's a troll, just looking for a reaction. Ignore him, and he'll go away.

1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

Bit unnecessary....just because he has an opinion you disagree with

fwiw How do you know what every scout or coach thinks?...there were some, albeit in the minority, who had legitimate questions about Darnold. and more than a few who believe Allen was the best player in the draft. They may be entirely proven wrong over time but to act like nobody had a contrary view is wrong 

Never said that. I have no issue with different opinions..as long as you give a reason. He seemed like he was trolling 

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

To be fair our oline and pass rush is pretty horrid.  Most teams have at least one decent side

I partly agree with you. I think our pass rush is meh. OLine can be above average but we are only 3 games into the zone system. It might yet turn out ok but there’s no doubt it could be improved at almost every position

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Is our OL worse then Buffalo's? No, and look at what they did today.

Not defending the coaching at all but at the sam time sam has very little time to do anything.  He has done a good job escaping sacks many times but if you have no time it’s hard to make plays 

Archived