Do the 49ers make a move for a QB? (a Bridgewater thread)

Anthony Jet

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

If I’m NO I offer bridgewater for a 1st and settle for a 2nd

Who else is out there, with starter potential?

49ers aren’t contenders this year so they wouldn’t trade a high draft pick and Drew Brees is almost 40, Bridgewater is their next starting QB.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'm trying to break the, I hate this team so much burn it all to the ground, thing. But If the Saints turned around and got a 1st for Bridgewater....

I get it, but if the jets held bridgewater, this would’ve been the first year ever in the NFL that no starter on any team misses a game due to injury.....

4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I get it, but if the jets held bridgewater, this would’ve been the first year ever in the NFL that no starter on any team misses a game due to injury.....

I actually like this idea. If we could get say, a 4th round pick or some OL help.

If I’m NO I offer bridgewater for a 1st and settle for a 2nd
Who else is out there, with starter potential?
Superbowl champion Nick foles comes to mind then there is benchwarmer jacoby brissett. Kizer on green bay who sucked last year but was a rookie with potential and a year of starting experience. If they wanted to go for an older vet with experience they could call us for mccown or go even one further and kill two birds with one stone and contact Tampa bay and see if they would trade fitzpatrick. They could call the bills for mccown of he is still on their roster they could call the cardinals for Sam Bradford who is holding up a slot for Josh Rosen, then of course there is the browns who might take what they can get for tyrod now that baker is in town. Should I keep going or do you get the point? It is a buyers market but my gut tells me they play the guy they have on their roster and look to the future.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Superbowl champion Nick foles comes to mind then there is benchwarmer jacoby brissett. Kizer on green bay who sucked last year but was a rookie with potential and a year of starting experience. If they wanted to go for an older vet with experience they could call us for mccown or go even one further and kill two birds with one stone and contact Tampa bay and see if they would trade fitzpatrick. They could call the bills for mccown of he is still on their roster they could call the cardinals for Sam Bradford who is holding up a slot for Josh Rosen, then of course there is the browns who might take what they can get for tyrod now that baker is in town. Should I keep going or do you get the point? It is a buyers market but my gut tells me they play the guy they have on their roster and look to the future.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Out of the guys you mentioned the only one I could see being traded is tyrod Taylor, who is a good option also

and maybe Kizer, maybe

no way any of those other guys are even mentioned in a trade unless 49ers are grossly over paying 

14 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I mean the rams are running away with the division. The 9ers aren’t going anywhere. See if they want McCown. The 9ers are built for the long haul. A high pick will serve them well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree with you but this sounds like they might make a move

Shanahan acknowledged a quarterback move is likely, though Beathard is line to start next week in Los Angeles. The 49ers' only other QB is Nick Mullins, a member of the practice squad.”

but it could also also mean they will look for a back up to Beathard 

2 minutes ago, Steveg said:

I know it's a moot point, but this was the case for hanging on to him and possibly getting a 2nd rounder.

Hindsight... JETS luck if we held on to Teddy would have been that no QB on a good team gets injured and sends more than a 3rd. 

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Moreover, if we still had Teddy, when would the fans start clamoring for him to replace Sam. For that alone it is a good thing we traded him.

That was more my thought. 

That said, I think those thinking the 9ers would give up a first for Teddy are misguided. I doubt we would get significantly more than we ended up getting. The 49ers aren't exactly a Super Bowl contender here.

Archived