WTF IS GOING ON IN DETROIT?

14 in Green

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

After about 15 years I'm really ready again to start hating the Dolphins more than I hate the Patriots.  It's been a long time.

My wife and I were in the Keys for New Years 2016 for her friend’s wedding. 1/1/17 we were up in Ft. Lauderdale at a sports bar watching the 1pm games. Pats vs dolphins. Don’t remember exact circumstances but both teams were playing hard due to playoff implications.

A group of fans up at the bar were rooting loudly for the pats and were talking a little to some Miami fans. We were in the seating area and couldn’t see them, but I immediately start unloading on how obnoxious pats fans are even down here in FL. My wife (pats fan born and raised in MA) of course is used to my sh*t and just rolls her eyes.

As we’re finishing up, the bar starts to clear and we see the rowdy group....and they’re all wearing Jets jerseys.

Mind you, my wife and I are both 32, and she’s really only a fan because of brady and because everyone up there blindly roots for brady. But even I was shocked. I mean I know why,  it my wife didn’t understand it, and I had to go into the history of the rivalry and explain why Jets fans were rooting for the pats against the dolphins.

Anyway, all of this is to say that it’s crazy how long it’s been since the pats weren’t the most hated team. My entire generation 100% hates the pats more than anything else in sports.

Or at least, they should.

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

My wife and I were in the Keys for New Years 2016 for her friend’s wedding. 1/1/17 we were up in Ft. Lauderdale at a sports bar watching the 1pm games. Pats vs dolphins. Don’t remember exact circumstances but both teams were playing hard due to playoff implications.

A group of fans up at the bar were rooting loudly for the pats and were talking a little to some Miami fans. We were in the seating area and couldn’t see them, but I immediately start unloading on how obnoxious pats fans are even down here in FL. My wife (pats fan born and raised in MA) of course is used to my sh*t and just rolls her eyes.

As we’re finishing up, the bar starts to clear and we see the rowdy group....and they’re all wearing Jets jerseys.

Mind you, my wife and I are both 32, and she’s really only a fan because of brady and because everyone up there blindly roots for brady. But even I was shocked. I mean I know why,  it my wife didn’t understand it, and I had to go into the history of the rivalry and explain why Jets fans were rooting for the pats against the dolphins.

Anyway, all of this is to say that it’s crazy how long it’s been since the pats weren’t the most hated team. My entire generation 100% hates the pats more than anything else in sports.

Or at least, they should.

Ha!  Great story.

Yeah, there's probably an age cutoff (50?) where those older than that still harbor the greatest hate for the Fish.  The 1982 Mud Bowl when the Jets lost the AFCCG because Miami didn't tarp the field and the Jets were a rushing team, the Fake Spike game, the whole O'Brien/Marino draft, Don Shula being a d-bag, etc.  For Jets fans not even Belichick resigning and HC of the NYJ and Brady's cheating can outweigh the hate they have for the Dolphins.

But like I said, I'm ready for the Patriots to become irrelevant or at least pedestrian again.  We can smell it now....the end is near.  Not sure if it's this year or next but that thing is going down and it'll be fun to see it crumble, who leaves first (Brady or Belichick), and how quickly that bandwagon unloads.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I agree with this but they are way more likely to not go anywhere in the playoffs and their fans eventual sadness could be tasty. 

Nothing would warm my heart more, especially living in SOFLA. The fans are already talking about playoffs and Ryan Tannehill being the comeback player of the year, finally hitting his peak, and the list goes on. 

Archived