Tannehill CBPOY?

jgb

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think Gase deserves more credit for this than anyone. He knows Tannehill's strengths and gets efficient play out of him... 

Probably correct. But, it is pretty apparent that you shouldn't take the Fins lightly with Gase in charge and Tannehill under center. Shockingly, they are actually a better team without Landry, Ajay, and Suh. Which is really, really shocking because there is a ton of talent in those three players.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Probably correct. But, it is pretty apparent that you shouldn't take the Fins lightly with Gase in charge and Tannehill under center. Shockingly, they are actually a better team without Landry, Ajay, and Suh. Which is really, really shocking because there is a ton of talent in those three players.

I think it's less shocking that one may think -- they're all talented but they're all headcases.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, rammagen said:

NO those receivers as a group are pretty good and well rounded. Their tight ends are better as well.

DeVante Parker 1st rnd pick very good receiver

Kenny Stills while a 5th rnd pick of the saints is a good receiver  and Amendola people can argue one of the better slot guys in the league.

The Jets have one real threat that has shown up in the receivers group in Quincy. Another receiver that has fumbles every other game and if not running deep routes seem to disappear in Robby.   Pryor who seems to running his own routes and Jermaine who is just getting healthy.

So again who has better receivers?

The Jets are a good QB away from being considered pretty good. Just like Dolphins would be if Cutler was still there. Parker has shown to be a bust. Don't care that he was a 1 rounder years ago. Could he turn it around? It's possible, but what has he and his 2 catches done to account for Tannehill playing well? Pryor has had more success than him in the league.

Amendola? Get serious. He's averaging 30 yards a game this year. Again, you could--I guess--argue potential of a 32 year old receiver who's never had more than 700 yrds including in years catching passes from Tom Brady, but what's he done THIS YEAR to prop up Tannehill?

Their TE is a rookie with 4 catches to his name. He may be better one day but he has nothing to do with Tannehill's success this year.

Let's talk about the others.

Albert wilson--averaging 4 ypc more than with chiefs last year. Has never had a season with more than 560 yards. Chiefs were desperate for someone to step up and seize the #2 spot last year...hence the huge desperate overpay for Sammy this off-season. Where was Albert then? He's on pace for 750 in 2018.

Jakeem Grant--played in all 16 games last year. Had 25 catches for 190 yards. Already has 20 catches this year and on pace for 870. And for a guy who cares so much about past draft position, worth pointing out he was a 6th rounder.

Kenny Stills has the highest ypc average for his career--a whopping 20.4--this is even higher than when he was playing with drew brees and running exclusively go-routes in NO. In fact, he's been very similar to Robbie... until this year with Tannehill playing out of his cleats. He's on pace for 980.

I'm seeing a team without a #1 and Tannehill spreading it around impressively. The only reason people think Fins receivers are "good" is because they have a real QB throwing to them. Before the season began people here were laughing at Dolphins' lack of weaponz and talent and already chalked us down for sweeping them and Buffalo. Amazing what a QB playing well can do for perceptions.

I know it's taboo to admit the Dolphins are good or playing well or Tannehill is anything but a laughing stock... but it's obvious when one removes the green tinted glasses and looks at the facts. Again I'm not saying Tannehill is MVP material, just that the guy is far, far, far beyond replacement level and belongs in the top 10 conversation based on talent and yes, performance this year. If he was a Jet, optimism would be overflowing. In a previous post I compared him to Vinny Testaverde, primed for a late career breakout... I may have underestimated him.

Can't wait for him to have a terrible game and people to mock this post lol.

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

If the fins beat the pats they will be 4-0 and the pats will be 1-3. The bills and Jets will most likely be 1-3 too.

Technically we should root for the pats but not me. When the movie monster is down just keep stabbing until the police show up and drag you away from the corpse.

Hype is building.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-4-qb-power-rankings-ryan-tannehill-is-good-patrick-mahomes-moves-up-top/

NFL Week 4 QB Power Rankings: Ryan Tannehill is ... good? Patrick Mahomes moves up top

Ranking every starting quarterback from 1-32 every week for the whole season, let's go

by Will Brinson

@WillBrinson

9h ago • 7 min read

What a glorious god dang time to be a fan of football. We are in the Golden Era of Quarterbacking -- a large group of talented, veteran signal callers are mixing with a fantastic crop of young passers to give very few teams an actual, current need at quarterback. Even some guys we wrote off are starting to prove us wrong, like Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

The subject of many jokes (he once threw a bottom-five pass ever and also turned into an actual dolphin), Tannehill was a major concern this offseason for Miami, coming off a botched ACL situation and missing the entire 2017 season. The Dolphins were holding a high draft pick in a draft deep with quarterbacks and declined to pick up a future franchise signal caller for Adam Gase. There were rumors about their affinity for both Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen; neither actually made it to them at No. 11 because teams traded up, but the belief was Miami would be involved in some kind of move to get a quarterback.

As it turns out, Gase and GM Mike Tannenbaum had faith in Tannehill returning from injury and playing well. And Tannehill has rewarded that faith nicely. 

Through three games, Tannehill is completing 73 percent of his passes, is averaging 9.3 yards per passing attempt, has thrown seven touchdowns and just two interceptions and has the Dolphins sitting atop the AFC East at an undefeated 3-0 heading into this week's matchup against the Patriots. A Miami win and a big game from Tannehill and this rocket ship will take off -- the Fins would be three games up on the Patriots four weeks into the season. Sound the alarms and ready the hot take cannon. 

What's really interesting is that Tannehill has now started a full 16 games under Gase's tutelage. He played 13 games in 2016 before suffering his knee injury and three this year. His total stat line for a full "season" is impressive.

image.png

Please do not @ me about the record: quarterback wins are a statistic far too often referenced and supremely overrated because football is a team game, but if the Dolphins could win 11 games in a season they would build a statue for the quarterback who captained it. If anything the record is more about Tannehill being a quality fit within the context of Gase's offensive system, and a guy who can manage to not lose games while also growing in the system as he goes. 

He's gotten better at throwing the deep ball this year, as shown by this strike to Kenny Stills in Miami's win over the Raiders on Sunday.

Watching Tannehill play, you can see an obvious increased comfort level in Gase's offense -- Brady Quinn posited on Tuesday's Pick Six Podcast the time off might have helped him learn to improve his mental approach, check that episode out here, it's daily! -- and we might be seeing a post-injury, post-hype breakthrough for the former first-round pick.

1273654.png
Ryan TannehillMIAMI DOLPHINS QB

Telling you, this guy is starting to find his groove

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He’s been a paper chapel his entire career only difference is Gase has coached him up now and somehow the Dolphins now have a good defense

We can agree to disagree. Fact is, if you like a guy it's easy to say he's playing well because he's good. If you don't, it's easy to "write off" the success in many different ways. Fact is he is playing well. No reason to argue over the cause. He's ballin'.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Quitting pills and hitting the gym can do wonders

Ya think maybe you're selling Tiger short here?

The man went through four back surgeries and had to adjust his swing multiple times.

Ever tried to swing a golf club with severe back pain?

As somebody said... he doesn't move the needle, he is the needle.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, jgb said:

The Jets are a good QB away from being considered pretty good. Just like Dolphins would be if Cutler was still there. Parker has shown to be a bust. Don't care that he was a 1 rounder years ago. Could he turn it around? It's possible, but what has he and his 2 catches done to account for Tannehill playing well? Pryor has had more success than him in the league.

Amendola? Get serious. He's averaging 30 yards a game this year. Again, you could--I guess--argue potential of a 32 year old receiver who's never had more than 700 yrds including in years catching passes from Tom Brady, but what's he done THIS YEAR to prop up Tannehill?

Their TE is a rookie with 4 catches to his name. He may be better one day but he has nothing to do with Tannehill's success this year.

Let's talk about the others.

Albert wilson--averaging 4 ypc more than with chiefs last year. Has never had a season with more than 560 yards. Chiefs were desperate for someone to step up and seize the #2 spot last year...hence the huge desperate overpay for Sammy this off-season. Where was Albert then? He's on pace for 750 in 2018.

Jakeem Grant--played in all 16 games last year. Had 25 catches for 190 yards. Already has 20 catches this year and on pace for 870. And for a guy who cares so much about past draft position, worth pointing out he was a 6th rounder.

Kenny Stills has the highest ypc average for his career--a whopping 20.4--this is even higher than when he was playing with drew brees and running exclusively go-routes in NO. In fact, he's been very similar to Robbie... until this year with Tannehill playing out of his cleats. He's on pace for 980.

I'm seeing a team without a #1 and Tannehill spreading it around impressively. The only reason people think Fins receivers are "good" is because they have a real QB throwing to them. Before the season began people here were laughing at Dolphins' lack of weaponz and talent and already chalked us down for sweeping them and Buffalo. Amazing what a QB playing well can do for perceptions.

I know it's taboo to admit the Dolphins are good or playing well or Tannehill is anything but a laughing stock... but it's obvious when one removes the green tinted glasses and looks at the facts. Again I'm not saying Tannehill is MVP material, just that the guy is far, far, far beyond replacement level and belongs in the top 10 conversation based on talent and yes, performance this year. If he was a Jet, optimism would be overflowing. In a previous post I compared him to Vinny Testaverde, primed for a late career breakout... I may have underestimated him.

Can't wait for him to have a terrible game and people to mock this post lol.

dude why is it so hard for you to give the fins receivers credit ?I lived down there for yrs and hate them but they have better talent surrounding RT then we do with Sam. Sorry to say that but facts are facts. But I get it you must be related to him to be hyping him this much :)

Seriously though they have better talent at the skill positions. Tannehil is playing well but give credit to the guys catching the balls and getting him open unless RT is throwing to himself. You need to give the guys around him credit which for some reason you refuse too. He would be crap with those receivers doing what they do.

On 9/23/2018 at 11:14 PM, jgb said:

Back to Tannehill playing really well with weaponz that are replacement-level quality. 

On 9/23/2018 at 11:34 PM, jgb said:

Tannehill has the dolphins at 3-0

Here's just a few examples of Tannehill's brilliance in single-handedly having the dolphins at 3-0.

Keep your attention on Tannehill as he is instrumental in willing his team to the below 21 points in their latest win in spite of his group of nobodies who aren't even capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time:

7C5DF107-7146-41C1-BEDA-60285A3C6481.gif

5F599A02-3492-42E9-B29E-CC3EE17345B0.gif

72366C49-4576-42EA-9238-647F91058E92.gif

7 hours ago, rammagen said:

dude why is it so hard for you to give the fins receivers credit ?I lived down there for yrs and hate them but they have better talent surrounding RT then we do with Sam. Sorry to say that but facts are facts. But I get it you must be related to him to be hyping him this much :)

Seriously though they have better talent at the skill positions. Tannehil is playing well but give credit to the guys catching the balls and getting him open unless RT is throwing to himself. You need to give the guys around him credit which for some reason you refuse too. He would be crap with those receivers doing what they do.

I think it's mutual. Not that Gase and a group of journeyman receivers who suddenly all starting playing the best ball of their careers at the exact same time are sherpas dragging the corpse of Ryan Tannehill up the mountain.

8 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Here's just a few examples of Tannehill's brilliance in single-handedly having the dolphins at 3-0.

Keep your attention on Tannehill as he is instrumental in willing his team to the below 21 points in their latest win in spite of his group of nobodies who aren't even capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time:

Quoting myself to see if OP will blatantly ignore my post again. I think my post makes good points - maybe too good for the OP’s liking.

5 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m still trying to figure out why we even have a tannenhill thread on a this board . 

Im pretty sure the majority does not care about him or dolphins . 

I'd say anything about an AFC East team is pretty dern relevent to the Jets. But no one forced you to click and post in here...

On 9/27/2018 at 3:41 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

JN really is a proxy for real life. Like a woman scorned for being proven wrong, I’m getting the silent treatment from @jgb. I love it. Knowing that you’re seeing my posts and ignoring them is a win. 

Keep touting Tannehill’s “brilliance” of “carrying” his “lack of playmakers”/“replacement level talent” to a 3-0 record while watching the GIFs above. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Prediction: tannehill goes berserk today

Too good. Perfectly keeping in line with all of your other posts in this thread starting with your stupid opening post. Tannehill goes beseek in the form of 11/20 for 100 yards and 1 INT before getting benched for Brock Osweiler....against the same defense that allowed Blake Bortles to throw 4 TDs.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tannehill is awful.  Good for us that the fins keep trotting him out there year after year.  Deshawn Watson should win Comeback playsr of the year.  Hes playing very well.

He's not awful, but he's a JAG. He's a guy who will have your team oscillating between 6-10 and 10-6 until the end of time. He's limited, and winning it all with a guy like that is incredibly difficult. What's great is, Miami fans all know it. 

• Upvote 1