Dare I say that the pig is........

Patriot Killa

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Nope.

Like Chris Collinsworth was frothing at the mouth to remind us, the Patriots have looked terrible in September before, only to go on an eleven game winning streak.

It's never over for The Patriots* in this league.

Yep. Jets fans do love their tiny... sample sizes.

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ripe for slaughter? 

Those Patriots starting 1-2 isn’t some magical foreshadowing of the season BUT.....a Tom Brady offense held to 10 points? 

133 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. 

Sony Michel has had zero impact in any of these games. 

The defense is god awful. 

Chill, buddy. Remember. You-Game Threads. LOL

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

All I’m saying is that something looks off with them. Something I haven’t seen before. It may not be permanent but damn it looks promising

^^^^^^This is true. However, it wont matter when the Jets keep losing AFC conference and division games. 

This is an opportunity for the Dolphins since they're playing football like they give a damn about winning. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

^^^^^^This is true. However, it wont matter when the Jets keep losing AFC conference and division games. 

This is an opportunity for the Dolphins since they're playing football like they give a damn about winning. 

Yeah I know. We have to get back to .500 and start playing. I have faith the Dolphins will do what they always do when they start strong and that’s fall apart around week 6-8.

We have to put our nose down and actually play ball and not play like the bunch of pussies we seen in Cleveland, Thursday.

I honestly don’t have faith in this team but who knows....i’m still shocked that the Bills blew the Vikings out of the water.

40 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

All I’m saying is that something looks off with them. Something I haven’t seen before. It may not be permanent but damn it looks promising

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/29/6869981/chiefs-patriots-2014-results-score-monday-night-football

Snippet:

"2) This isn't the Patriots team you know and love (though if you hate it, you're currently in unadulterated bliss). It's becoming more and more apparent that Tom Brady is playing his age (he does age, and he's 37), and it might be time for you to reconfigure the way you think about Brady and the Patriots. Every great dynasty comes to an end eventually, and we could be witnessing the slow downfall of the NFL's dynasty of the new millennium."

After that game, the press asked Belichick if he was going to bench Brady. Yes, they have looked like this before. By the way, they won the Super Bowl that year.

Early days. But another loss will put them in a hole which, even if they do get their sh*t together, will likely mean no hosting the AFCCG.

IMO, I think they are done from a culture POV. Too many articles of bad blood, Gronk getting traded and must be feeling like he's not really wanted etc.

Couple more losses and it's going to be finger pointing and yelling from next door.

Start watching for some 'where is Belichick going to land' articles come November.

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

You guys suck. I say the pig is as ripe as it’s gonna get.

i think so too. maybe all of the dissension is overblown but it was bound to happen.  these qb's think they can stick around forever but forever is always right around the corner.  maybe you can pin the loss on brady but he's the guy who stirs the drinks and when he's off the whole team is off.  likewise the lions have some decent players.  they weren't going to go 0-16 this season.  and they do have a good qb.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ripe for slaughter? 

Those Patriots starting 1-2 isn’t some magical foreshadowing of the season BUT.....a Tom Brady offense held to 10 points? 

133 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. 

Sony Michel has had zero impact in any of these games. 

The defense is god awful. 

They’re on to Miami (in New England)

OP - even if the pig is ripe for slaughter (and I'm not convinced they are) we're not really ready to take advantage of it right now.  It's looking like Miami is.  Maybe next year after Darnold has a year of experience and we spend some of that $90M (or whatever it is) of our cap room then we can try to take advantage.

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I will wait until I see a few weeks with Edelman and Gordon (if he plays)...

before jumping to this conclusion.

Yep. The defense legit stinks but I would imagine the offense improves dramticaly  with those 2

This is why these last 2 losses that could have EASILY been 2 wins is so frustrating. Sure we all know we're not going to the Super Bowl but with a more disciplined team & just 1 or 2 breaks the Jets would be 3-0 & on top of the AFC East. We're not going anywhere with this coach, the Jets have shown no consistancy under Bowles. My worry is Bowles always seems to do JUST ENOUGH by beating a few teams we're not expected to.

Archived