Bowles Says Penalties Are Not On Him

JetNation

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I literally watch as the DB coach was ripping Parry Nickerson a new one for getting into it with Jarvis Landry. I seen the coach on the sideline literally grab Nickerson by his Jersey, yell straight into his face, then sent him to the sideline. 

How is that giving dudes a pass? For example, how far was this coach supposed to go? He already put hands on him. 

The players at some point need to make the decision to do what's best for the team. Im not blaming the coaches when I see a coach grab a dude up for letting Landry get under his skin and decides to fight on the field. 

My man this is the whole point, Todd bowles under his direction plays favorites.  Tell me when we see a vet like skrine or johnson getting sh*t and tell me when boles does it and not an assistant.

Also this has been an issue every year under bowles.  It's bullsh*t. 

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

REX is a football mind.... he also was not quite what we thought BUT he is light years ahead of Bowles. REX was a DC more than a year, grew up in a football family etc.   

Finger pointing. He’s full Rex. Everything else your saying is irrelevant to the comparison.

23 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I literally watch as the DB coach was ripping Parry Nickerson a new one for getting into it with Jarvis Landry. I seen the coach on the sideline literally grab Nickerson by his Jersey, yell straight into his face, then sent him to the sideline. 

How is that giving dudes a pass? For example, how far was this coach supposed to go? He already put hands on him. 

The players at some point need to make the decision to do what's best for the team. Im not blaming the coaches when I see a coach grab a dude up for letting Landry get under his skin and decides to fight on the field. 

So Bowles stands on the sidelines looking befuddled as an assistant coach handles the in game lapses. It’s fine not to micro manage but at some point as things continue to unravel a Head Coach gets involved never see him do this. Actually it’s quite common for a Head Coach to huddle on the sidelines with different units O line, D Backs, D line etc and get everyone on the same page and try to right the ship. Bowles never gets involved makes it easier to pass the buck.

He treats players like adults, who just happen to be adults. It’s a good stategy when it works but it’s not working, and surprise! He doesn’t seem to adjust. Guy can answer any historical question about football but fails to see he’s about to become history himself. It’s getting sad and tough to defend him. 

50 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

OK. Good on the DB coach. I didn't see that. But Nickerson is a jag. What did he do to Trumaine? What about the RB coach? Did he get on Crowell for wiping his ass with the football? Did TB even change his expression during any of it? I was a Bowles supporter until last Thursday night. I can live with most penalties, they happen. But I'm sorry, I don't want my team getting taunting and unsportsmanlike flags. We suck. Where do we come off taunting anybody? The Coaches need to instill in their players the discipline to act like professionals. If you don't see it that way, we simply have to agree to disagree. 

The point is, you dont know what happens when the cameras aren't around. You didn't even catch what happens when the cameras are around. 

Calling a player a Jag means what exactly? 

49 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

So Bowles stands on the sidelines looking befuddled as an assistant coach handles the in game lapses. It’s fine not to micro manage but at some point as things continue to unravel a Head Coach gets involved never see him do this. Actually it’s quite common for a Head Coach to huddle on the sidelines with different units O line, D Backs, D line etc and get everyone on the same page and try to right the ship. Bowles never gets involved makes it easier to pass the buck.

A DB coach handles a DB is pretty much how it works. You put together a coaching staff for a reason. 

Im not making excuses here, Todd Bowles should have been fired last December, but you guys are literally whining. I've seen QB's and OC's get into heated arguments on the sideline....and plenty of times I didn't see the HC get in the middle of it because he's calling the freaking game. That's what he has a coaching staff for. 

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

My man this is the whole point, Todd bowles under his direction plays favorites.  Tell me when we see a vet like skrine or johnson getting sh*t and tell me when boles does it and not an assistant.

Also this has been an issue every year under bowles.  It's bullsh*t. 

I've never seen Skrine get into a fight on the field. Maybe if he did you'd see him getting jacked up on the sideline by his DB coach. 

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The point is, you dont know what happens when the cameras aren't around. You didn't even catch what happens when the cameras are around. 

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The point is, you dont know what happens when the cameras aren't around. You didn't even catch what happens when the cameras are around. 

bowles could be "knute" rockne" when the cameras aren't around.. who gives a ****??

whatever bowles is or isn't when cameras aren't around is irrelevant..

he's no better at anything as a HC since we hired him.. it's year 4.. that's relevant..

18 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

bowles could be "knute" rockne" when the cameras aren't around.. who gives a ****??

whatever bowles is or isn't when cameras aren't around is irrelevant..

he's no better at anything as a HC since we hired him.. it's year 4.. that's relevant..

Then maybe folks should quick with the bitchy whining and just talk about how bad of a sh*tty coach he is. 

but when folks are talking about how "coaches are giving passes" yet not even seen coaches grilling players it kinda makes the entire point look like a joke. 

Matter of fact, let me leave this thread. This place is toxic. I need to go talk about Baker Mayfield. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

A DB coach handles a DB is pretty much how it works. You put together a coaching staff for a reason. 

Im not making excuses here, Todd Bowles should have been fired last December, but you guys are literally whining. I've seen QB's and OC's get into heated arguments on the sideline....and plenty of times I didn't see the HC get in the middle of it because he's calling the freaking game. That's what he has a coaching staff for. 

OC and DC are direct extensions of the Head Coach. Asst coaches are extensions of the OC or the DC. As I said it is quite common for a Head Coach to get involved when things go South. When is last time Bowles has done anything on the sidelines besides standing there arms folded or hands in his pockets with a befuddled look on his face?

You know, it's funny, as an elementary school kid in the eighties I remember if the Giants ****ed up on the field Parcells would publicly announce he was gonna put boot to ass. Guess what, next week they'd be great. You set the tone Todd. You're the head coach, the boss, and not 'the fun coordinator' like some half ass divorced dad. They **** off and make dumb plays every week because that is the atmosphere you have developed and maintain despite denying your accountability for such. A 5th grader with average madden knowledge could probably coach a better game. Going back to Rex this team has liked, but not respected their coach. Respect is important, being liked is for locals who still think they're still in HS voting for superlatives.  Mangini instilled discipline, Groh instilled discipline, and both were ran out of town because, well, the Jets.

52 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sorry I got involved in this conversation with you right now. Apparently you can't discuss something without making condescending remark in a reply. BTW, a jag  is just a guy = Nickerson. Exactly the type of player a coach goes after when he doesn't want to confront a big name guy like Trumaine or even a Crowell. No need to reply back. I'm done going back and forth.

45 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then maybe folks should quick with the bitchy whining and just talk about how bad of a sh*tty coach he is. 

but when folks are talking about how "coaches are giving passes" yet not even seen coaches grilling players it kinda makes the entire point look like a joke. 

Matter of fact, let me leave this thread. This place is toxic. I need to go talk about Baker Mayfield. 

You'll be missed. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

He's not wrong. He could have said it better but some point you have to hold the player accountable 

Here's the rub 

Bowles doesn't do that. 

He never benches or punishes anyone 

So it keeps happening 

You aren't wrong. It's like the fitztragic cycle. No real beginning or end and everyone involved is responsible to a degree. Think of a school teacher. Sure the kids are the ones doing sh*t, but a competent teacher (the person officially in charge) has classroom management skills which deals with the children's inevitable foolishness and as a result you see less and less of it. Whereas sh*t teachers, of which there are many, have no control. Employees in general are children who need constant, guidance*, as few are real adult professionals. This goes more so for athletes.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

So assuming that there is something going on behind the scenes...how has that helped this team, this season? Where's the improvement? 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We're the 21st most penalized team in the NFL.  

In 2015 and 2016 we were one of the least penalized teams.

Next

Instead of countering the debate on Bowles, tell us what he is good at, why he should be the Jets HC?   Let’s hear your opinion. If you owned the JETS right now, is Bowles your guy?

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Disagree.  REX at least had a game plan for big games.  Bowles is simply not mentally capable to handle the job.

Wtf are you talking about. I’m comparing the finger pointing. Nothing else. I made that clear.

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I saw that too. Here are my questions.

1. Did he do the same thing to our vet CB? If not, it sets a bad example. Only rookies have to play smart?

2. Did the RB coach do the same thing to Crowell?

Even if it is the responsibility of the individual coach, for the HC to say it isn't my problem, isn't good. The buck stops with him.

7 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

he thought that making veterans do pushups would reduce penalties.  how about reviewing technique and extra practice, or reducing playing time?  

in the end, this is all good - a team cannot move forward when your HC is not married to developing your qb.  

Except the act of doing  pushups has nothing to do with committing a penalty.  How about reinforcing to OL men that their eye should be focused on the football?  It is a simple procedure.  How can Buster Skrine benefit from pushups?  He probably likes them.  They are simple, do not require thought or decision-making, and are easy for the physically fit.  Now, lashes with a rod or whip is another story.

Archived