Mehta: Jets Reach out to Steelers Regarding Le’Veon Bell

JetNation

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

agreed.  **** it.  Espn.com is talking a third rounder, **** it. Third rounder...third!?!?!? Macc hasn't had value in the third round EVER.

It's a logical fallacy to say that just because he has whiffed on 3rd rounders in the past, he would whiff again next year. He broke the 2nd round curse with Marcus Maye. Anyway,  Nathan Sheppard and Jordan Jenkins might develop into solid players. Jenkins has two sacks in three games. Macc was criticized for drafting Darron Lee in the 1st round. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who would have been a better pick based on who was on the board. I understand the hate for Bowles, but Macc has more hits than swings and misses. His drafts have been a little shoddy, but his trades and UDFA acquisitions have been rather stellar. Find me a GM who bats 1.000 and I'll show you a one legged ass kicking competition champion.

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

I think people are forgetting how great Bell is. Nobody would've batted an eye had the Steelers made him the highest paid RB ever this off-season yet people don't want to give up anything more than a late round pick for him. 

Might have something to do with not being able to sign him to a long-term (3-4 yr) deal.  Rentals don't bring back actual value.

I've thought about this possibility for quite awhile.  Originally I was against it.  I've changed my mind.

Basically the main reason is I'm tired of hearing how the Jets don't have talent, especially on offense.  Here is a chance to get some.  Go do it.  As long as it isn't a 1st round pick(which it won't, pry not a second either), go do it.

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Might have something to do with not being able to sign him to a long-term (3-4 yr) deal.  Rentals don't bring back actual value.

If you have up a 3rd and he didn't re-sign you'd get that 3rd back in a comp pick. And this rental, if that's what it would turn out to be, would be more valuable to Darnold's progression than anything else. You can't put a price on that.

5 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I feel like Powell and Crowell have been the few bright spots on offense

dont get this at all

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think they can use the Transition Tag which would allow them to match if he tests FA. With our passing attack and OL he will not be appreciably better than what we have. Would be a super dumb move for anything more than like a 2020 6th

Couldn't agree more. He will require draft picks to acquire. He will demand tons of available cap space to sign. Will he make us better with this suspect O line...NO. Please do NOT even consider him.

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's a logical fallacy to say that just because he has whiffed on 3rd rounders in the past, he would whiff again next year. He broke the 2nd round curse with Marcus Maye. Anyway,  Nathan Sheppard and Jordan Jenkins might develop into solid players. Jenkins has two sacks in three games. Macc was criticized for drafting Darron Lee in the 1st round. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who would have been a better pick based on who was on the board. I understand the hate for Bowles, but Macc has more hits than swings and misses. His drafts have been a little shoddy, but his trades and UDFA acquisitions have been rather stellar. Find me a GM who bats 1.000 and I'll show you a one legged ass kicking competition champion.

](*,)

The "mileage" theme is overplayed on LeV imo.   He is 26 years old. 

LeV doesnt take full hits on many of his touches because of his patience and slashing style.  He doesn't plow into defenders.   He often smartly goes down or steps out of bounds when he knows there is no more yardage to be had.  He isn't given that kind of volume to fight for an extra 2.5 feet...  This is not Eddie George, guys, who was done at like 28...

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

Just can't see the Jets being stupid enough to give up any draft capital.  Only thing that slightly makes sense is to give them Crowell..................................Even that's stretching it.  

Oh yeah cuz getting an asswipe is probably what the Steelers are desperately hoping for trading away the All-Pro. 

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Revis (mega bust)

Cromartie (bust)

Gilchrist (bust)

Buster Skrine (bust)

Carpenter (solid for 2 years)

Fitz (meh-rental)

Marshall (one year rental)

So mostly bust, or short term success. 

Major acquisitions: RB Matt Forte, RB Khiry Robinson, OT Ryan Clady, DE/DT Jarvis Jenkins, NT Steve McLendon

McClendon was the only good pickup. 

QB Josh McCown, OT Kelvin Beachum, DT Mike Pennel, ILB Demario Davis, CB Morris Claiborne, K Chandler Catanzaro. 

Short term rentals or average at best guys. 

QB Teddy Bridgewater, RB Isaiah Crowell, RB Thomas Rawls, WR Charles Johnson, OT Antonio Garcia, C Travis Swanson, C Spencer Long, DE/DT Henry Anderson, DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw, ILB Avery Williamson, CB Trumaine Johnson, K Cairo Santos

Some good signings there, yes. But you expect that when you have the second or third most cap space in the league. TB was the best pickup imo. 

Special mention: Mo Wilkerson. 

So tell me, where are the homerun hits? Just because you picked up couple of average players doesn’t mean you had a great offseason. 

Macc = Failure year in year. 

What else would you like to add, Mr. Macc?

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

Oh yeah cuz getting an asswipe is probably what the Steelers are desperately hoping for trading away the All-Pro. 

The all pro who won't play.  3 weeks into season, guys not in football shape, and a FA.  In a few months, which is what he's looking for.

Cut your looses and at least get a RB for the season out of it.  Looks like Bell has decided to sit this one out

What does giving away a draft pick do for us?  We get Bell for this year (a year in which we have no realistic postseason aspirations) then he’s a free agent and has us over a barrel because he knows we traded a lot to get him (knowing the jets).  Why not just wait until the offseason when all he’ll cost is money?   I still don’t want him even then because we need to focus on OL but I could live with a short term deal. 

12 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Hey, we all know RB's who can catch 80 passes are USELESS in the West Coast offense.

Hey, the one thing this team doesn't need is a top 3 fantasy RB. What do you think this is, an offensive league? 

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Really good player would help us alot but he would have to be signed long term for it to make sense.  I just do not thunk the cost to trade and pay will make sense.

Sorry, have no idea why this posted so many times.

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

My Guess is Macc isn’t serious just using a friendly brown-noser to create the image that they’re working hard to improve the team 

He made offers for both Mack and Gordon . In fact I heard the only reason we didn’t get Mack was because they didn’t want to send him to a AFC team in the end but we had good offer on the table . 

43 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He made offers for both Mack and Gordon . In fact I heard the only reason we didn’t get Mack was because they didn’t want to send him to a AFC team in the end but we had good offer on the table . 

I heard Mack really wanted to go to Chicago

If we trade for Mack we are 3-0 now 

56 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I heard Mack really wanted to go to Chicago

If we trade for Mack we are 3-0 now 

If we don't have 8 dead ball fouls & Sticks Anderson can hold onto a football we're 3-0! We didn't need trading 2 number ones & Mack to win those last 2 games. 

* And I wanted Mack! 

12 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Out of the the 2015-2017 drafts with his 2nd-4th round picks only 3 of those players are still on the roster. His drafts have been bad you can't blame people on here for not trusting his judgement. he's had 4 drafts now do we have any stud players? do we have any players the defense has to account for really? Based on Macs awful track record trading a 3rd round pick for the best rb in the game is a no brainer.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

The all pro who won't play.  3 weeks into season, guys not in football shape, and a FA.  In a few months, which is what he's looking for.

Cut your looses and at least get a RB for the season out of it.  Looks like Bell has decided to sit this one out

He sat out the entire offseason last year as well. Didn’t seem to bother him much as he made the All-Pro. I doubt anyone is advocating a first rounder for him. The puck thrown around has been a 3rd rounder and honestly speaking, I’d rather have Gordon for a 5th than Bell for a 3rd but it’s git to be a conditional 3rd where Bell extends with the Jets. A rental can’t cost a 3rd. Mid year rentals shouldn’t got for more than a 5th so there’s my take. If we can extend Bell, I’d be ok losing a 3rd. We haven’t had a back like him in 10+ years. He’s only 26 and just about hitting his prime. 

Revis (mega bust)
Cromartie (bust)
Gilchrist (bust)
Buster Skrine (bust)
Carpenter (solid for 2 years)
Fitz (meh-rental)
Marshall (one year rental)
So mostly bust, or short term success. 

Major acquisitions: RB Matt Forte, RB Khiry Robinson, OT Ryan Clady, DE/DT Jarvis Jenkins, NT Steve McLendon
McClendon was the only good pickup. 

QB Josh McCown, OT Kelvin Beachum, DT Mike Pennel, ILB Demario Davis, CB Morris Claiborne, K Chandler Catanzaro. 
Short term rentals or average at best guys. 
QB Teddy Bridgewater, RB Isaiah Crowell, RB Thomas Rawls, WR Charles Johnson, OT Antonio Garcia, C Travis Swanson, C Spencer Long, DE/DT Henry Anderson, DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw, ILB Avery Williamson, CB Trumaine Johnson, K Cairo Santos
Some good signings there, yes. But you expect that when you have the second or third most cap space in the league. TB was the best pickup imo. 
Special mention: Mo Wilkerson. 
So tell me, where are the homerun hits? Just because you picked up couple of average players doesn’t mean you had a great offseason. 
Macc = Failure year in year. 
What else would you like to add, Mr. Macc?
Would be interesting to see how successful teams compare how have the patriots eagles rams chiefs fared in the past 4 years of free agency

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Archived