So how we gonna win this game batches?

Philc1

7 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

This game has DVR written all over it, meaning I am not going to stay home Sunday and get my brains beaten in again, I'll DVR and skim through it until it is a blowout or over.

It wont be a blowout. It will be one of those "moral victories" where we score late to get within 7.  It will look good enough on paper---for Bowles.

The Jets don't do anything better than Jacksonville... except maybe... (gasp).... special teams?   Can't believe I just said that...  Truth is, I don't know what their STs are like.

The Jets are not going to manage the heat well.  I am going to the game.  Somewhere between very hot and sweltering is the forecast.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

1.  Defense, our secondary shuts down the Jags JAG WRs.  Titans did it why not us?

2. Sam has 2 or less turnovers

We beat this team last year.  Get it done.

1. Fournette will be back. #1 won't work. 

2. Possible because Bowles will call the most absurdly conservative game you can imagine. Bowles gonna try to Herm it and win 6-3. I bet the O/U will be like 23 lol.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

1. Fournette will be back. #1 won't work. 

2. Possible because Bowles will call the most absurdly conservative game you can imagine. Bowles gonna try to Herm it and win 6-3. I bet the O/U will be like 23 lol.

We have a good run defense.  Contain Fournette we can even go 8 in the box and play man to man

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We have a good run defense.  Contain Fournette we can even go 8 in the box and play man to man

I hope but the Titans were on easy mode. Fournette gonna force Jets to chose their poison. Let's hope 1-on-1 can hold.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Dare Bortles to beat you. He has the same fault as Taylor - holds the ball too long so we should be able to work him with blitzes. There offense is not better than ours. 

Yep, this is what you gotta do. And we know Jets offensive is going to be entirely bland so we need to hold them to less than 14. Maybe less than 10.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Yep, this is what you gotta do. And we know Jets offensive is going to be entirely bland so we need to hold them to less than 14. Maybe less than 10.

Pretty sure Robby Anderson beat both Bouye and Ramsey deep last time we played them. We have to take at least a shot or two to force a safety out of the box. 

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Pretty sure Robby Anderson beat both Bouye and Ramsey deep last time we played them. We have to take at least a shot or two to force a safety out of the box. 

You know this. I know this. Bowles? Open question. Plus it's obvious he trusts Darnold a lot less than he did McCown. If I had to predict, I'd bet on the Jets to cover and the under. Very likely this is a very, very boring football game.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You know this. I know this. Bowles? Open question. Plus it's obvious he trusts Darnold a lot less than he did McCown. If I had to predict, I'd bet on the Jets to cover and the under. Very likely this is a very, very boring football game.

Crazy thing is throwing to a go route deep is actually one of the safest throws you can make

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

I hope but the Titans were on easy mode. Fournette gonna force Jets to chose their poison. Let's hope 1-on-1 can hold.

Fournette is good but he’s not the second coming of Jim Brown.  Stick 8 in the box and he won’t have running room

I know other teams try a similar method but they don’t have our corners.  Certainly New England and the giants dont

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Crazy thing is throwing to a go route deep is actually one of the safest throws you can make

We shall see

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fournette is good but he’s not the second coming of Jim Brown.  Stick 8 in the box and he won’t have running room

I know other teams try a similar method but they don’t have our corners.  Certainly New England and the giants dont

The saving grace is Bortles is no Ryan Tannehill so it might work and you're right Bowles will sell out to stop the run. But I don't regard our corners as highly as you do.

I think we matchup stat wise closer than Vegas thinks.

Gotta run the ball to take pressure off and heave a few long balls to keep the safety on their toes.. team doesn't need a pep talk for this one. ? 

**edit - read somewhere that blake bortles has never won a game against the Jets.. let's not make it a first one..

I like the Jets to at least beat the spread, if not win outright.

We match up well. Our D will take care of fournette and we have enough in the secondary to negate the Turtle. On O, we run well, especially to the outside - they've struggled in that area. Also, I think (read: hope) that with the 10 days to reset - especially after watching the complete cluster**** that was the Jets passing O, Bates and Darnold will buck a few of their trends; namely: not running on every single earned first down, and throwing forward passes on 5 step drops. ST is the critical factor. They absolutely have to give the Jets O better starting field position.

Archived