Can Bryce Love be like Alvin Kamara

Patriot Killa

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Similar build and skill set except Bryce Love was way more productive in college given the fact that Kamara wasn’t a starter...

but Bryce has been a star for Stanford since he got there. Wonder if he’ll be a first round pick.

Disagree about the similar skill set.   Kamara is an excellent and natural receiver.  I haven’t seen anything from Love to suggest he is at that level.  

18 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Haven't seen the kid yet this year do to out of town car shows. Hope to be home in time to catch some of the ND game this Saturday. I want to check on their QB Costello too.

I’m just flirting with the idea of Bryce Love but I’m actually in love with Jonathan Taylor as a prospect for the year after this upcoming draft. 

That man is an all star waiting to happen. I made a thread on him too it nobody replied to it. I guess because he isn’t draft eligible until 2020

My opinion on Bryce; he’s a better college back than a pro. Don’t think he possesses any elite measurables or moves. He’s grinder with a Joseph Addai caliber future in the best case scenario. monte ball in the worst.

Benny Snell. Thats who we want IMO. if we can double up on Kentucky in rounds 1&3 I’ll finally believe we’re gonna turn a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

My opinion on Bryce; he’s a better college back than a pro. Don’t think he possesses any elite measurables or moves. He’s grinder with a Joseph Addai caliber future in the best case scenario. monte ball in the worst.

Benny Snell. Thats who we want IMO. if we can double up on Kentucky in rounds 1&3 I’ll finally believe we’re gonna turn a corner.

He’s a complimentary back at best.  He’s already limited in Stanford’s passing game, I can’t imagine without some serious work as a blocker and receiver that he becomes a first and second down back in the NFL.  

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

I know everyone loves Benny because of the Snell bloodline but I just don’t think he plays very intimidating competition. I have to watch him more close tbh because I only seen the Ms st upset last week.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know everyone loves Benny because of the Snell bloodline but I just don’t think he plays very intimidating competition. I have to watch him more close tbh because I only seen the Ms st upset last week.

Really?  He doesn’t face better competition than Love in the Pac12?   

On 9/25/2018 at 7:10 PM, Paradis said:

Interesting, everything I've read and seen from him would suggest that he's a superior quick twitch type athlete who will run in the 4.4's. and has elite breakaway speed with open field moves.  I read somewhere someone comparing him to CJ2K, so dude is a super duper athlete who can go 0-60 in a heartbeat.  I think the concern was more about can he be a 3 down back ie; pass protection and being a receiver out of the backfield.

Honestly, he reminds me of a smaller Melvin Gordon.  Very similar type of runners who werent really passing threats in college yet, Melvin has been a fantastic receiver in the pros.  So maybe Love has that in him Stanford just doesnt utilize it, similar to Wisconsin with Gordon.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Interesting, everything I've read and seen from him would suggest that he's a superior quick twitch type athlete who will run in the 4.4's. and has elite breakaway speed with open field moves.  I read somewhere someone comparing him to CJ2K, so dude is a super duper athlete who can go 0-60 in a heartbeat.  I think the concern was more about can he be a 3 down back ie; pass protection and being a receiver out of the backfield.

Honestly, he reminds me of a smaller Melvin Gordon.  Very similar type of runners who werent really passing threats in college yet, Melvin has been a fantastic receiver in the pros.  So maybe Love has that in him Stanford just doesnt utilize it, similar to Wisconsin with Gordon.

I get the Melvin Gordon comparison a bit, but Gordon is like 3” taller and about 15 pounds heavier than Love.  

18 hours ago, JiF said:

I don't see it.   

Now, obviously I could be totally wrong - no one's paying me for my opinions... (aka, the fck do i know?)

Here's what i don't like--

• He's not very elusive. 
  • He's not great after contact
  • he doesn't get a ton that isn't blocked

To me, that's essentially the opposite of David Johnson/Kareem Hunt.  Now, i'm not saying he's trash or anything, but I don't see a workhorse..... I do think he's underrated in pass pro, and probably has decent hands. I'll give him credit for having good burst, he knows how to get small and hit the the hole. Seems smart, follow his blocks. After rewatching some games tonight, I'm getting a G. Bernard vibe as a ceiling. rnd 3-4. That's about where i value him. 

On 9/29/2018 at 3:29 AM, Paradis said:

I don't see it.   

Now, obviously I could be totally wrong - no one's paying me for my opinions... (aka, the fck do i know?)

Here's what i don't like--

• He's not very elusive. 
  • He's not great after contact
  • he doesn't get a ton that isn't blocked

To me, that's essentially the opposite of David Johnson/Kareem Hunt.  Now, i'm not saying he's trash or anything, but I don't see a workhorse..... I do think he's underrated in pass pro, and probably has decent hands. I'll give him credit for having good burst, he knows how to get small and hit the the hole. Seems smart, follow his blocks. After rewatching some games tonight, I'm getting a G. Bernard vibe as a ceiling. rnd 3-4. That's about where i value him. 

Fair and I see the Bernard comp for sure but I'd disagree on the elusive part.  He can make you miss in the open field.  And I'm not in love with him but was just giving a comparison and my thoughts on what I've seen thus far.

I think the scouting world will disagree with you as well and he'll be a last 1st rounder, if not he'll go early 2nd. 

• 5 months later...

3d59b9e9-5fcf-4da2-a310-8424d1c639ba-USP_NFL__Combine.jpeg.jpg.4b0cee19de89c51c7af681d093580804.jpg

I hope Mac can find a way to draft Bryce Love. Maybe use the Saints 3rd round pick we have to draft him. He likely would've been drafted day 2 early on in round 2 last year had he decided to forgo his senior year at Stanford.

Love decided to come back for his senior year at Stanford due to his aspirations to become a pediatrician after he's done playing football. He tore the ACL in his right knee in his final regular-season game. Love had surgery Dec. 18, and expects to be ready sometime in the middle of training camp.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

3d59b9e9-5fcf-4da2-a310-8424d1c639ba-USP_NFL__Combine.jpeg.jpg.4b0cee19de89c51c7af681d093580804.jpg

I hope Mac can find a way to draft Bryce Love. Maybe use the Saints 3rd round pick we have to draft him. He likely would've been drafted day 2 early on in round 2 last year had he decided to forgo his senior year at Stanford.

Love decided to come back for his senior year at Stanford due to his aspirations to become a pediatrician after he's done playing football. He tore the ACL in his right knee in his final regular-season game. Love had surgery Dec. 18, and expects to be ready sometime in the middle of training camp.

Thoughts?

Won’t play next year but who cares draft him in the 7th round he will pay off big time in 2020

On 9/25/2018 at 2:13 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Similar build and skill set except Bryce Love was way more productive in college given the fact that Kamara wasn’t a starter...

but Bryce has been a star for Stanford since he got there. Wonder if he’ll be a first round pick.

no... love doesn't have the same abilities... Kamara is Much stronger & can break tackles where Love can not.

Gase likes home run hitters. Curious if Love can catch. If somebody is going to spell Bell at all, may as well make it a dynamic guy who can't handle a lot of touches. Has to be someone with receiving skills though.

1 hour ago, derp said:

Gase likes home run hitters. Curious if Love can catch. If somebody is going to spell Bell at all, may as well make it a dynamic guy who can't handle a lot of touches. Has to be someone with receiving skills though.

I hate to be the pessimist, but Love was already a glorified 3rd down back, and now... I dunno. In 2-3 years from now, assuming he's still in the NFL, you'd have never guessed he was once this prolific weapon from Stanford IMO.

But back to your post-- I actually think the opposite. Whomever we bring in to spell Bell, need not be a receiver back. Bell's got that covered. There's never going to be a 3rd down passing situation where we'll want Bell off the field. We paid the motherfcker 40 zillion dollars, he's gonna go earn it... 

What we need is a true Chang of Pace (COP) back. Lamont Jordan was a great COP who was able to spell Martin, but showed (like Tevin Coleman) that he's not the workhorse OAK hoped he'd be. Some backs are just better w/ 8-10 touches. Marion Barber. 

In other words, we need someone who can come in a be lightning in a bottle. different running style and different skill set. 

• Dexter Williams
  • Wes Hills
  • Mike Weber
  • Jordan Scarlett 

There's a few names for you... and also, here's another notion. imagine it's the 6th round, and guess who is still on the board. Rodney Anderson... can you pass that up? He doesn't even have to do much in 2019... but talk about an insurance policy and lightning in a bottle 

3 hours ago, derp said:

Love if he gets in the open field watch out.  Dude can run

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

I hate to be the pessimist, but Love was already a glorified 3rd down back, and now... I dunno. In 2-3 years from now, assuming he's still in the NFL, you'd have never guessed he was once this prolific weapon from Stanford IMO.

But back to your post-- I actually think the opposite. Whomever we bring in to spell Bell, need not be a receiver back. Bell's got that covered. There's never going to be a 3rd down passing situation where we'll want Bell off the field. We paid the motherfcker 40 zillion dollars, he's gonna go earn it... 

What we need is a true Chang of Pace (COP) back. Lamont Jordan was a great COP who was able to spell Martin, but showed (like Tevin Coleman) that he's not the workhorse OAK hoped he'd be. Some backs are just better w/ 8-10 touches. Marion Barber. 

In other words, we need someone who can come in a be lightning in a bottle. different running style and different skill set. 

• Dexter Williams
  • Wes Hills
  • Mike Weber
  • Jordan Scarlett 

There's a few names for you... and also, here's another notion. imagine it's the 6th round, and guess who is still on the board. Rodney Anderson... can you pass that up? He doesn't even have to do much in 2019... but talk about an insurance policy and lightning in a bottle 

Love’s going to go late anyway, right? He’s an interesting dice roll if he can catch similar to your description of Anderson.

I think all backs need to be able to catch passes in this day and age. Not specific to Bell, it’s just an important trait. I hated rotating backs who were better/worse receivers. Gase doesn’t strike me as someone who wants to tip his hand.

Cannon is actually an interesting fit if he makes the team. But regardless, someone more effective with less touches who can make something happen with the ones they get. Dynamic is a good word.

Also think basically anyone will be a change of pace from Bell. He’s got a unique style. But ideally a smaller, explosive back who can catch IMO.

18 minutes ago, derp said:

Love’s going to go late anyway, right? He’s an interesting dice roll if he can catch similar to your description of Anderson.

I think all backs need to be able to catch passes in this day and age. Not specific to Bell, it’s just an important trait. I hated rotating backs who were better/worse receivers. Gase doesn’t strike me as someone who wants to tip his hand.

Cannon is actually an interesting fit if he makes the team. But regardless, someone more effective with less touches who can make something happen with the ones they get. Dynamic is a good word.

Also think basically anyone will be a change of pace from Bell. He’s got a unique style. But ideally a smaller, explosive back who can catch IMO.

can't argue with your logic.

Have you checked out those guys i listed?

On 9/25/2018 at 2:13 PM, Patriot Killa said:

In a word no. He's a tremendous back but too much at stake in the 1st round to risk it with his injuries.

Archived