Aussie Jet

Cimini: Adams says the Jets weren't prepared for Baker

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Just popped up on ESPN's news feed. Adams said on WFAN that the defence wasn't prepared for Mayfield.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41034496-4

I suppose Adams is trying to be honest but he's dropped his coaches into the fire, surely.

Good. It’s time the players distance themselves from these terrible coaches and look towards the future. They have to save their own *sses because they won’t get paid if they can perform well under a terrible coaching staff and scheme. 

• Upvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 1

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Which is ridiculous and utterly inexcusable.

Everyone and their grandmother knew that Tyrod was already on a short leash entering that game.

Couple that with a prime time slot and the allure of Darnold vs Mayfield and Todd Bowles can suck my assh0le.

They had 2 days to prepare sheesh . 

• Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Baker was in the right place in the right time. Jets were gassed from playing 3rd game in 10 days and they obviously didn’t expect him to play

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Two and a half days to prepare.  The backup QB, with zero regular season film to watch anyway... was not high on the priority list.

I can't stand Bowles, but he gets a pass from me on this one...  You have to give him at least a partial pass.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NO WAY IN HELL 

Todd Bowles was asked if he made any halftime adjustments for Baker Mayfield and he flat out said NO this is piss poor coaching. 

I agree. It’s one thing not to feel prepared, it’s Nother to not even attempt to adjust.

theres an arrogance there that is disabling to the team dynamic

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NO WAY IN HELL 

Todd Bowles was asked if he made any halftime adjustments for Baker Mayfield and he flat out said NO this is piss poor coaching. 

Tell ya what, JW...  I will concede you this one,   IF...

you concede that Dez is utterly useless, cannot separate, and never mention him again.

Deal?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Two and a half days to prepare.  The backup QB, with zero regular season film to watch anyway... was not high on the priority list.

I can't stand Bowles, but he gets a pass from me on this one...  You have to give him at least a partial pass.

Are u kidding me? Jets knew they were playing Cleveland for 6 months. Jets knew Baker Mayfield was on that team long ago. But no plan. This is the NFL. Big business. Having no plan for Mayfield is inexcusable.

• Upvote 2

I keep saying this, but the Jets just extended Macc and TB 2 years each before this season. That, and the rookie QB, almost guarantees that both are going to be here for at least through next season. We have to deal with it, like it or not.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I wonder how they would have prepared differently, by covering people?

Here is the difference in Taylor vs Baker.

Baker has a stronger arm, is slower, takes more chances and it more accurate.

How about just blitzing/pressuring the crap out of him instead of sitting back and hoping the clock would run out before they took the lead? How about playing like good teams and take some chances with a lead to extend the lead. 

I am not that worried about the staff spending hours prepping for a backup, I have a problem with their lack of intelligence and ability to react on the fly. Bowles has proven that if given plenty of time he can get his team prepared, but he has also shown that when things go sideways he can't adjust. 

• Upvote 4

Yeah and our numb-nuts HC actually told Erin Andrews at the half that HE WASN'T GOING TO CHANGE THEIR DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN for Mayfield in the 2nd half. Way to go Coach. Way to keep 'em guessing!

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yeah and our numb-nuts HC actually told Erin Andrews at the half that HE WASN'T GOING TO CHANGE THEIR DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN for Mayfield in the 2nd half. Way to go Coach. Way to keep 'em guessing!

No wonder he tries not to say anything - he opens his mouth and his foot goes right in it. This charade is over. The cats out of the bag. Bowles is a poor poor head coach and needs to be replaced immediately.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

They had 2 days to prepare sheesh . 

Weird. I thought they’ve been preparing for the season since like, July. Why did the Jets only get two days and everyone else got a whole offseason? Sounds suspicious. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I keep saying this, but the Jets just extended Macc and TB 2 years each before this season. That, and the rookie QB, almost guarantees that both are going to be here for at least through next season. We have to deal with it, like it or not.

This would have been their last year but you never have coaches/GM perform in contract years so there is always some degree of extension in place for some reason. A 1 year extension sends a mixed message but 2 years/what the Jets extended them for), gives them some breathing room.

I think the extension was normal all things considered. Doesn’t mean that they won’t cut bait if all the good vibes and potential from last year doesn’t continue and it’s another underperforming year. I don’t think they will last. 

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

23 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Tell ya what, JW...  I will concede you this one,   IF...

you concede that Dez is utterly useless, cannot separate, and never mention him again.

Deal?

See im not saying Dez is the answer or will fix all our WR issues, I'm saying he could be better than what we have excluding Enunwa and Kearse. 

Its not rocket science he really is not all that much different than the qb they were facing except he is much better.  If it has come to oh we have to prepare for a certain Qb then they may as well play computer football.

You block you tackle you cover you catch you rush.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

See im not saying Dez is the answer or will fix all our WR issues, I'm saying he could be better than what we have excluding Enunwa and Kearse. 

Kearse was monumentally disappointing last game.  He made two terrible not vet plays, once not being ready at all for a swing pass and once when he utterly whiffed on a block.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Kearse was monumentally disappointing last game.  He made two terrible not vet plays, once not being ready at all for a swing pass and once when he utterly whiffed on a block.

Kearse coming off an injury he gets a pass from me last game lets see what he does this week. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Robby had two drive killing terrible fumbles... but he didn't forget how to play ball.

He is one of the best deep threats in the game, and I believe much more than that.  He got off to a slow start last season too.  Patience.  He will catch fire soon enough.

Dez is not even close to the player Robby is.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Robby had two drive killing terrible fumbles... but he didn't forget how to play ball.

He is one of the best deep threats in the game, and I believe much more than that.  He got off to a slow start last season too.  Patience.  He will catch fire soon enough.

Dez is not even close to the player Robby is.

Ok fair enough.  I hope you are right. 

Jamal Adams wants to win, badly. He’s not going to settle for this crap from Bowles obviously. I mean really, didn’t prepare at all for Baker Mayfield? Tyrod had a miserable start to the season, Baker Mayfield entrance was imminent. Again, Bowles proving he’s lost. 

Adams quote is directed at 2 people for different reasons:

1. To Bowles: step it up.

2. To Christopher Johnson: fire this man if he does not step  it up, because this is what’s hapening behind the scenes.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Should’ve gotten crazy creative, showing fake coverages and blitzes pre-snap to overload the rookie.

Not exactly rocket surgery.

• Upvote 2