Cimini: Adams says the Jets weren't prepared for Baker

Aussie Jet

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

You realize that the jets were playing their second short week in a row? It’s hard enough to prepare for 1 qb on a Thursday let alone 2...  not to mention there is no tape on baker!

True, but the Browns did not replace their OL int he second half, did they?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Jamal Adams wants to win, badly. He’s not going to settle for this crap from Bowles obviously. I mean really, didn’t prepare at all for Baker Mayfield? Tyrod had a miserable start to the season, Baker Mayfield entrance was imminent. Again, Bowles proving he’s lost. 

Adams quote is directed at 2 people for different reasons:

1. To Bowles: step it up.

2. To Christopher Johnson: fire this man if he does not step  it up, because this is what’s hapening behind the scenes.

I know.  "Geez, we did not have any defenses for rookie QBs--only good ones"--Bowles

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The crime isn't that they didn't prepare for Baker..  of course they didn't.

The issue is that when he came in they seemed content to ease of the gas pedal hoping he'd make mistakes rather than try and fool him with blitzes and coverages he's never seen.

This is one of the times I miss Rex..  his D's would feast on rookies.

The jets were in soft zone the moment they went up by two touchdowns until the end of the game.  Early in the game we blitzed Tyrod and played man to man bump and run

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

The crime isn't that they didn't prepare for Baker..  of course they didn't.

The issue is that when he came in they seemed content to ease of the gas pedal hoping he'd make mistakes rather than try and fool him with blitzes and coverages he's never seen.

This is one of the times I miss Rex..  his D's would feast on rookies.

yes, I suppose he would have had all those bitzes they threw at Taylor figured out by the second half

59 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

No wonder he tries not to say anything - he opens his mouth and his foot goes right in it. This charade is over. The cats out of the bag. Bowles is a poor poor head coach and needs to be replaced immediately.

he opens his yap and a river of crap pours out

This makes sense... 2 days of practice... back up QB... it happens. But there seems to be a lot of “we stopped blitzing” comments. That’s not true we blitz 11 times with Mayfield in the game and 12 with Tyrod. The difference was that Baker is better than Tyrod and was beating the blitz so we had to try something else.

The worst part about that game was that the offense couldn’t get going and we still commit bs drive stopping penalties. Let’s not make a big deal about the away team losing on Thursday night.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Super cool how he disappeared entirely while we were getting blown off the field in the second half, but hey it’s not his fault

I know you have to keep up with this narrative to bolster your agenda but it might be more effective if he wasn't playing well...  no one other than a handful of Jets fans ever has a bad word to say about him.  he's one of the bright spots on this team now and will be for the next decade.

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The jets were in soft zone the moment they went up by two touchdowns until the end of the game.  Early in the game we blitzed Tyrod and played man to man bump and run

And that sums up why I hate Bowles. He's Herm 2.0. If something is working, he doesn't keep the boot on the neck, he crawls into a "play not to lose" hole which inevitable lets the opposing team crawl back into the game. Rex was a shark by comparison. Once he smells blood he doesn't step back and hope the prey bleeds out on its own, he accelerates his attack.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

This makes sense... 2 days of practice... back up QB... it happens. But there seems to be a lot of “we stopped blitzing” comments. That’s not true we blitz 11 times with Mayfield in the game and 12 with Tyrod. The difference was that Baker is better than Tyrod and was beating the blitz so we had to try something else.

The worst part about that game was that the offense couldn’t get going and we still commit bs drive stopping penalties. Let’s not make a big deal about the away team losing on Thursday night.

Mayfield was in for almost 3 quarters Taylor was in a quarter and a half yet we blitzed Taylor more.  That’s not alarming how?

Just now, jgb said:

And that sums up why I hate Bowles. He's Herm 2.0. If something is working, he doesn't keep the boot on the neck, he crawls into a "play not to lose" hole which inevitable lets the opposing team crawl back into the game.

Bowles makes Herm look like Parcells

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Bowles should've dialed up absurd amounts of pre-snap movement to mess with Baker's mind.

In fact, Bowles has indeed impugned his own defensive approach by bus-tossing his boy Kacey. We are one step away from a Kacey firing, which will then leave Bowles exposed to direct attack.

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mayfield was in for almost 3 quarters Taylor was in a quarter and a half yet we blitzed Taylor more.  That’s not alarming how?

Because the blitzing was ineffective against Mayfield. Because when you play an actually good QB, one with a strong arm and deadly accuracy he can beat pressure from blitzes. 

Bowles has his faults but in the end the back up QB coming in and beating a defense that didn’t gameplan for him isn’t some anomaly, it’s kinda normal. Also usually the backup isn’t the number 1 overall pick and clearly better than the QB that started the game.

19 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Because the blitzing was ineffective against Mayfield. Because when you play an actually good QB, one with a strong arm and deadly accuracy he can beat pressure from blitzes. 

Bowles has his faults but in the end the back up QB coming in and beating a defense that didn’t gameplan for him isn’t some anomaly, it’s kinda normal. Also usually the backup isn’t the number 1 overall pick and clearly better than the QB that started the game.

Rex beat guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady with creative blitzes.  Bowles just sucks.

Exhibit A:  

One of the few times Bowles blitzed in the 4th qtr he sent Trumaine Johnson.  Johnsons man was left in a soft zone and guess where the ball got thrown?

You don’t send your #1 cover corner on a blitz.  That’s straight up legit retarded

42 minutes ago, Pac said:

I know you have to keep up with this narrative to bolster your agenda but it might be more effective if he wasn't playing well...  no one other than a handful of Jets fans ever has a bad word to say about him.  he's one of the bright spots on this team now and will be for the next decade.

There's no narrative. Adams has played great this season. In the first half of the Browns game, he looked like an All-Pro. In the second half, when the game was being decided, he disappeared. Now he says the team wasn't prepared for Mayfield, which means that a guy who was drafted in large part due to his leadership and character is either throwing his coaches under the bus or admitting he didn't prepare hard enough. Combine that with his no-show with the media after the game, and it's a bad look.

2 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Just popped up on ESPN's news feed. Adams said on WFAN that the defence wasn't prepared for Mayfield.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41034496-4

I suppose Adams is trying to be honest but he's dropped his coaches into the fire, surely.

Well Adams is correct.  Bowles brought them into Cleveland unprepared for that contingency when it was pretty clear that it was possible if not probable and then inexplicably refused to make any adjustments for him.  How in the world did we ever end up with such a piece of sh!t head coach?  Oh yeah.... Woody Johnson.  Christ... Bowles needs to go.  He is focking HORRIBLE.

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Rex beat guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady with creative blitzes.  Bowles just sucks.

Exhibit A:  

One of the few times Bowles blitzed in the 4th qtr he sent Trumaine Johnson.  Johnsons man was left in a soft zone and guess where the ball got thrown?

You don’t send your #1 cover corner on a blitz.  That’s straight up legit retarded

Except Rex sent Revis on a blitz against Rivers in the playoffs and got pressure way back in 2009.

Also when we actually beat Brady and Manning in the playoffs we used zone schemes to catch them off guard. 

Not that Bowles is good but the arguments that stem from this game are really flawed.

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Weird. I thought they’ve been preparing for the season since like, July. Why did the Jets only get two days and everyone else got a whole offseason? Sounds suspicious. 

u think teams are preparing there game plan for each game 1-16 in July ? Interesting 

25 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think if you have 3 games in 11 days you need to prepare for them all at once with all that time in the offseason. Multitasking is a thing. 

From my experience most teams don’t even start game planning for week 1 till after week 3 of preseason . But hey You seem to think it’s easy to watch tons of hours of film and come up with game plan to attack another teams weakness . Then install said gameplan , then run practice with a scout team to try and mimick gameplan, star players and such.  I wonder why teams needs full weeks to prepare . They should be all prepared from July 

The Jets "D" was so bad  in the 2nd half Mike Lombardi described it, after watching the game film, as a "Preseason Defense" as they stayed in a vanilla scheme. This is completely inexcusable for  any competent coaching staff with no half time adjustments considering Baker was obviously playing the remainder of the game. How long can ownership put up with this?  

11 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Just popped up on ESPN's news feed. Adams said on WFAN that the defence wasn't prepared for Mayfield.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41034496-4

I suppose Adams is trying to be honest but he's dropped his coaches into the fire, surely.

tell me you mokes didnt need for him to SAY this toi KNOW this. it was obvious. and someone here was reaming ME for calling out the CS...  oooh, it was only three days...   BS. the game been on teh schedule form the get.

11 hours ago, nico002 said:

You realize that the jets were playing their second short week in a row? It’s hard enough to prepare for 1 qb on a Thursday let alone 2...  not to mention there is no tape on baker!

oh it was you. again with the excuses. oooh, its hard enough blah blah blah.

11 hours ago, nico002 said:

maybe but it seems the jets always have issues when the starter leaves the game and the back up comes in.  remember when they beat cleveland and couple of seasons ago and knocked mccown out?  manziel came in and made some really nice plays.  or how about when matt moore comes in for the doltfins.  the list goes on.

Archived