Aussie Jet

Cimini: Adams says the Jets weren't prepared for Baker

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We better bloody well prepare for Cody Kessler this week.

He might maybe could potentially attempt a forward pass, which is tough to prepare for.  

• Upvote 1

After 3 only weeks, the team looks like a dumpster fire already.

It kind of reminds me of the season we killed the Bills on opening day then the wheels fell off.

Massive game Sunday, we either show signs of life, or the slid to 1st overall is on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

A lot of spin coming out of Florham Park

“They weren’t laughing at me! They were laughing with me! We were having fun!”

Player commits heinous mind numbing momentum changing penalties.   "Not my fault I can't do anything about that."

Player comments make the coach look bad.  "He didn't mean it, its a teachable moment we had a talk about it. "

What a shnook.

• Upvote 1

Todd Bowles spent all week preparing for a butcher and a candlestick maker.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

After 3 only weeks, the team looks like a dumpster fire already.

It king of reminds me of the season we killed the Bills on opening day then the wheels fell off.

Massive game Sunday, we either show signs of life, or the slid to 1st overall is on.

Geez, I remember that.  I remember after week 1 that year thinking we were finally going to be really good.  Not to be, of course.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol you’re saying their story is they studied every minute of film on him but they didn’t study film on him.

Yeah that’s a tough one to swallow.

The guy who should be screaming for help is the one who has never played a down

7 hours ago, section314 said:

So, we scouted 4 QB's, Mayfield among them, for 6 months. Saw hours of film, worked them out multiple times. Basically saw that Mayfield was a grip it and rip it guy, accurate as hell, who will throw to whomever gets open, anywhere on the field. Bowles was probably at every workout, visit and film session, yet had no idea how to prepare for him? If true, this guy should not even be coaching HS football. It's beyond preposterous.

image.png

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2018 at 8:05 PM, nico002 said:

You realize that the jets were playing their second short week in a row? It’s hard enough to prepare for 1 qb on a Thursday let alone 2...  not to mention there is no tape on baker!

The jets have plenty of tape on Baker just in a different uniform.

• Upvote 3

On 9/25/2018 at 8:20 PM, joewilly12 said:

NO WAY IN HELL 

Todd Bowles was asked if he made any halftime adjustments for Baker Mayfield and he flat out said NO this is piss poor coaching. 

Yup, I remember that. He flat out said they aren't going to adjust. You hoped he was just blowing smoke until you realize they didn't adjust. I guess in Todd's contract it stipulates that on game day he is to stand on the sidelines with his hands on his hips and a look of being overwhelmed on his face. People need to stop making football out to be rocket science particularly against a team that had not won in two years. It's nothing more than chess with biological pieces. It's often won before the first move.

• Upvote 2

On 9/25/2018 at 8:05 PM, nico002 said:

You realize that the jets were playing their second short week in a row? It’s hard enough to prepare for 1 qb on a Thursday let alone 2...  not to mention there is no tape on baker!

Says the guy who failed gym class.

21 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yup, I remember that. He flat out said they aren't going to adjust. You hoped he was just blowing smoke until you realize they didn't adjust. I guess in Todd's contract it stipulates that on game day he is to stand on the sidelines with his hands on his hips and a look of being overwhelmed on his face. People need to stop making football out to be rocket science particularly against a team that had not won in two years. It's nothing more than chess with biological pieces. It's often won before the first move.

“Plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.”

-Dwight Eisenhower, Supreme Allied Commander WWII

Planning done well is a mental exercise where you consider multiple possibilities and then develop counters to each should they manifest. Bowles is all about the nice final plan sitting inviolate in its pretty binder. Maybe Bowles needs a Color-coded wristband. “If opponent does X, counter with Y.”

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Planning done well is a mental exercise where you consider multiple possibilities and then develop counters to each should they manifest. Bowles is all about the nice final plan sitting inviolate in its pretty binder. Maybe Bowles needs a Color-coded wristband. “If opponent does X, counter with Y.”

I like this point a lot.

The issue wasn't about planning for what plays they'd run with Mayfield, what targets / throws he was likely to favor. It was about what Mayfield would bring to the game, his teammates and the fans - the energy, excitement, hope, belief. We didn't seem ready for it and were overwhelmed; the more Cleveland gained confidence the more we lost ours. That's when focus starts to get lost and mistakes creep in.

What we didn't have was someone on the sidelines instilling calm and belief amongst the chaos. A leader. Someone to rally behind.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Larz said:

Man, you ladies are getting hard to read 

The difference was Baker was decisive and accurate and tie rod was indecisive and inaccurate. 

That's what they weren't ready for 

It's still not a good look but you all are getting hysterical over every thing now 

We blitzed Tyrod more and he only played 1 qtr

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We blitzed Tyrod more and he only played 1 qtr

?????

Tyrod Taylor was Blitzed on 50% of his snaps and Baker Mayfield was blitzed on 46% of his snaps. The difference with the packages was the coverage behind the blitz. Tyrod seen man coverage 78% of the time while Mayfield seen man coverage just 46% of the time. The reason behind that was because Mayfield was carving the defense up no matter what they did. Mayfield recognized man and got the ball out to the right guy. When they went zone Baker threw the ball in the soft spot of the zone coverage. 

Tyrod played a half of football. Baker stepped on the field in the 2nd half into an immediate 2:00 min offense. 

Didn’t we have the Fins beat last year and we knocked out the starting QB and in comes Matt Moore to lead the Fins to victory. We’ve seen it time and time again with Bowles. They bring in a back-up QB and smoke us. This shows that Bowles can’t adjust on the fly. There’s not much attention to details. He a straightforward guy. He can’t bend. He doesn’t adapt quickly. He should be a Pop Warner Coach. Not an NFL Head Coach. 

"Didn’t we have the Fins beat last year and we knocked out the starting QB and in comes Matt Moore to lead the Fins to victory."

as soon as Bakes came on I was like, oh phuggggg, perfect set up for a classic Jets collapse...

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Didn’t we have the Fins beat last year and we knocked out the starting QB and in comes Matt Moore to lead the Fins to victory. We’ve seen it time and time again with Bowles. They bring in a back-up QB and smoke us. This shows that Bowles can’t adjust on the fly. There’s not much attention to details. He a straightforward guy. He can’t bend. He doesn’t adapt quickly. He should be a Pop Warner Coach. Not an NFL Head Coach. 

59 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

"Didn’t we have the Fins beat last year and we knocked out the starting QB and in comes Matt Moore to lead the Fins to victory."

as soon as Bakes came on I was like, oh phuggggg, perfect set up for a classic Jets collapse...

This is bigger than just Bowles or even Mayfield. The bottomline is that the players need to execute. Mayfield wasnt on the field when the Jets offense was playing. The Jets offense scored 14 points in the 1st half to just 3 points in the 2nd half. Jets lost 17 to 21. 

Sure, Mayfield provided a spark for the Browns and their offense, but what effect did that have on our offense when he's on the sideline? 

This is the typical case of "The Jets defense must shoulder all the work". Granted, they shouldnt have blown a 14 point lead, but it was the Jets offense that was shut down during the 2nd half. 

People keep talking about the coach, when are the players held accountable when it's not about flags and unsportsman-like conduct?

This is the same Jets defense than held it down while the Jets offense began with back-to-back 3 and outs and a punt on their 3rd possession to start a football game. It took a special teams punt block to even contribute to good field position for the Jets. Then when the Jets defense are giving up points in the 2nd half the Jets offense starts fumbling and throwing ints. 

My point here is this. We all know Todd Bowles and his limitations as a coach, but what about these players? The only player, and I really mean the ONLY PLAYER, that has looked like he came to play and compete on a weekly basis is Quincy Enunwa. He overcomes the coaching limitations. Here's an example. 

Jeremy Bates continues to make bonehead decisions and calls a screen pass on 3rd and long...Enunwa catches the ball and gains 11 yards for the 1st down. 

Matter of fact, if im correct Enunwa had four separate screens in this game on 3rd down that he converted to 1st downs. That has nothing to do with Bowles or Bates, that has to do with Quincy Enunwa finding a way to get the job done for the offense. As a sidenote, this is probably why he's Darnold's favorite target. He's the only player that is playing like a reliable consistent playmaker. 

When players walk into the game ready to play then the Jets will start winning games they're supposed to win. 

Go back and look at the game again. Baker comes into the game and marches the Browns down for a FG. The Jets offense does get the ball back, and they start moving the ball but on 3rd and short it goes incomplete because of communication issues. between the receiver and Darnold. 

Jets get the ball to start the 2nd half and as the Jets are marching down with Crowell catching the football they get into a 2nd and long situation and Darnold sails a pass over Anderson because he didnt set his feet. On 3rd and long he sails a pass over kearse. That's how we start the 2nd half of the football game. 

This isnt Bowles, "The players" are ******* up. Lets continue, since it seems like its all Bowles or the defense blowing this lead. 

After the Jets 1st possession stalls out, Mayfield and the Browns get the ball for their 1st possession and the Jets forces them to punt. So now, the Jets have their 2nd possession of the 2nd half up 14-3. They start the drive off with a false start penalty. After that Powell gets much of the yards back with a good run only for the Oline to get another penalty on 2nd down, completely wiping away what Powell recovered on 1st down. Now its 2nd down and 13 deep in their own territory and Darnold makes a great read and hits Anderson for a gain on a slant route that picks up the 1st down...only for the other 1st round rookie for the Browns, Denzel Ward to strip the ball right from Anderson before he's tackled to the ground. 

And yet again it's the Jets defense, guys like Jamal Adams and crew that has to bail this team out. The Browns after that strip fumble recovery began their drive 1st and 10 on the Jets 8 yard line...they're DEEP in the redzone...and that Jets defense held Baker Mayfield to a field goal, which almost became a turnover if Middleton could hold onto the pick in the endzone. Folks need to stop looking at Bowles, stop looking at Jamal Adams and the Jets defense and blaming them for "not covering" or "blowing the lead" and look at how f'ing bad the Jets offense played. That's just facts. 

This is how the Jets offense began the 2nd half. This is how the Jets offense began the 1st and 2nd half of the game. This isnt a Todd Bowles issue "solely" because at the end of the day it's the players on the field....and they played like complete garbage on offense, and if not for the Jets defense this game probably would have gotten waaaay out of control. 

There's no need for me to go through the rest of the possessions in the 2nd half for the offense because it only gets worse. 

When the players do their job then we get games like Detroit. When they dont we get games like the Browns game and most definitely the Miami game. Dudes let Tanehill run all over them because they decided not to contain on the edges. 

It shouldnt have to take a coach during halftime to remind you of fundamental sh*t like containing the edge for the bootleg, especially if the QB is showing you multiple times that he's a threat to pull the ball and run with it. 

Blaming Bowles is getting old, not because it's not true, but that truth only goes as far as coaching, but the players have their responsibility to this team as well and they're playing like they dont care to win. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Planning done well is a mental exercise where you consider multiple possibilities and then develop counters to each should they manifest.

20 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Yep.  Moore led a 3 score comeback.  And Kevin Hogan was better in relief for the Browns last year than Baker Mayfield was during the Thurs. game.  Bowles is just a total turd of a coach.  And now he's spatting back at the media about Jamal Adams and taking the play calls from Rodgers.  I mean, WTF?  Why is he even addressing that sh*t?  It creates a distraction.  Just say no comment and move on.

Dude is in so far over his head it's not even funny.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2018 at 10:41 AM, JiF said:

Dude is in so far over his head it's not even funny.  

and bingo was his name-o

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2018 at 8:37 PM, 14 in Green said:

I keep saying this, but the Jets just extended Macc and TB 2 years each before this season. That, and the rookie QB, almost guarantees that both are going to be here for at least through next season. We have to deal with it, like it or not.

Try again. This fan base has accelerated the departure of inept employees before. Image result for fire idzik

Image result for fire idzik

Image result for fire idzik

On 9/26/2018 at 11:26 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

This is totally inaccurate.  He DOES NOT just stand there with his hands on his hips.

He crosses his arms across his chest. 

• Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, jgb said:

Should’ve gotten crazy creative, showing fake coverages and blitzes pre-snap to overload the rookie.

Not exactly rocket surgery.

You will see how the Raiders handle Baker Mayfield on Sunday.

What a dog Bowles is. 

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, Beerfish said:

We better bloody well prepare for Cody Kessler this week.

Who?

5-11

so many posts in this thread but bottom line is we're most likely 3-0 with McCown.  

Sam will get better...  relax.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

so many posts in this thread but bottom line is we're most likely 3-0 with McCown.  

Sam will get better...  relax.

Most likely? I dont think McCown has ever won three games in a row in his career