Manish: Jets Organization Doesn't Respect Bart Scott's Analysis

Maxman

This week on JetNation Radio Glenn Naughton talks to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. Several topics are discussed and they take a look at Sam Darnold’s performance through the season’s first three games. Manish also had a back and forth with ex-Jet player and current radio personality Bart Scott. We talk about that and discuss the change this week when it comes to defensive play calling. Is Todd Bowles feeling the heat? Listen in to the # 1 NY Jets Podcast.

Be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play:

Manish Mehta was a very accomplished defensive player during his NFL career and clearly knows more about defense than Bart Scott.

Mehta is really going after him and wants to start a media war for attention. In fact, I think that he “can’t wait” for this to happen......I’ll show myself out now......

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

200w.gif

Typical response and it is getting old. You can think whatever you want, but unless you have something constructive to say then just say nothing.

Running this site is not easy. It is run by volunteers, so if you feel that you are paying too much we will gladly give you a refund.

17 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Manish Mehta was a very accomplished defensive player during his NFL career and clearly knows more about defense than Bart Scott.

Mehta is really going after him and wants to start a media war for attention. In fact, I think that he “can’t wait” for this to happen......I’ll show myself out now......

You should listen to the interview. Manish mentions that it is the Jets that say Scott is wrong. He mentions that Scott was wrong in his criticism of Avery Williamson and he doesn't really know the current defensive responsibilities. That seems fair to me, and I like Scott a lot. But since he is on the radio and just got his time spot cut, I think both parties are probably on board with the war of words. It is good for both of them in theory.

Manish does say he got along well with Scott when he was a player here.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Typical response and it is getting old. You can think whatever you want, but unless you have something constructive to say then just say nothing.

Running this site is not easy. It is run by volunteers, so if you feel that you are paying too much we will gladly give you a refund.

Not really sure where this is coming from. Mehta has long had a love-hate relationship with Jets fans, and IIRC Glenn has been critical of him in the past, so I was just remarking on how these things can change. Apologies if it came off differently.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

You should listen to the interview. Manish mentions that it is the Jets that say Scott is wrong. He mentions that Scott was wrong in his criticism of Avery Williamson and he doesn't really know the current defensive responsibilities. That seems fair to me, and I like Scott a lot. But since he is on the radio and just got his time spot cut, I think both parties are probably on board with the war of words. It is good for both of them in theory.

Manish does say he got along well with Scott when he was a player here.

I plan on listening when I get a chance. I preferred to make an assumption and tell a terribly cheesy joke in lieu of listening. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Not really sure where this is coming from. Mehta has long had a love-hate relationship with Jets fans, and IIRC Glenn has been critical of him in the past, so I was just remarking on how these things can change. Apologies if it came off differently.

I read the gif you posted as you saying you thought this was going to be boring \ waste of time.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I read the gif you posted as you saying you thought this was going to be boring \ waste of time.

Not at all--just mildly surprised/amused that Mehta would deign to speak with one of us plebians, and equally surprised Glenn would answer the call. I break Glenn's balls because his point of view and mine are pretty much diametrically opposed, but I respect (and often enjoy) the work he does here. 

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

So wait, the Jets organization listens to Bart Scott’s analysts on the radio, decides they have no respect for it, then go and complain about it to Manish Mehta? 

To me, it sounds like Manish is the one who's complaining here. He comes off like a petulant 14-year old girl arguing with her rival and saying "it's not just me who doesn't like you, Bart; I talked to everyone in the whole class and they all think you're smelly and laugh behind your back!" It sounded as if he's trying to tag in the whole Jets organization as his "back-up" in his feud against Bart. It's weak sh*t, and I have no respect for anyone who argues like that.

It's like, hypothetically, if someone disagreed with me that Macc's history of FA acquisitions was putrid, and instead of illustrating my point, I turn around say: "Well, I'm sure @Sperm Edwards thinks you're wrong, too! :P" Although, I'd say that comparing our Spermy to the Jets organization is unfair and an insult. To Sperm.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

@LAD_Brooklyn You can neg rep me all you want. Still doesn't change the rules. Personal attacks aren't allowed here. If you want to comment on how someone looks, do it somewhere else. End of story.

The more you neg rep Max, the stronger his ban hammer gets. It's like feeding napalm to the alien organism in "Evolution".

Another note. Manish Mehta swallows a lot.

That's not a euphemism. He was literally swallowing constantly throughout the entire interview. It was gross to listen to.

My disdain for Manish aside, it was enjoyable to listen to a passionate Jets fan talk about the Jets. I don't always agree with Glenn, but I do have plenty of respect for him. Kudos @AFJF for another great episode from across the pond, and for a classy interview with an unclassy guest.

Not at all--just mildly surprised/amused that Mehta would deign to speak with one of us plebians, and equally surprised Glenn would answer the call. I break Glenn's balls because his point of view and mine are pretty much diametrically opposed, but I respect (and often enjoy) the work he does here. 

I’ll be honest I laughed my ass off. But I read it thinking Glen just did forum/site write ups more or less for our consumption. So I was like what, how did trick manish into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So wait, the Jets organization listens to Bart Scott’s analysts on the radio, decides they have no respect for it, then go and complain about it to Manish Mehta? 

If you follow Manish on twitter he’s been #TeamDarnold since the day we drafted him. The last couple weeks he’s been mildly pushing the narrative of coaching over QB play to blame. More or less defending Darnold - which Bart said as well. Doesn’t surprise me to hear Manish is fanning the flames. He’s gotten a little squirrelly this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

To me, it sounds like Manish is the one who's complaining here. He comes off like a petulant 14-year old girl arguing with her rival and saying "it's not just me who doesn't like you, Bart; I talked to everyone in the whole class and they all think you're smelly and laugh behind your back!" It sounded as if he's trying to tag in the whole Jets organization as his "back-up" in his feud against Bart. It's weak sh*t, and I have no respect for anyone who argues like that.

It's like, hypothetically, if someone disagreed with me that Macc's history of FA acquisitions was putrid, and instead of illustrating my point, I turn around say: "Well, I'm sure @Sperm Edwards thinks you're wrong, too! :P" Although, I'd say that comparing our Spermy to the Jets organization is unfair and an insult. To Sperm.

What a shock.  People Bart implies are incompetent say that he is wrong.

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Twitter responded to him calling out Bart's football knowledge the way you'd expect so I'm sure he was keen to find an appropriate venue to appeal to authority without appearing petty 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

That's kind of his thing, he prolly sends his wife the same gif if she texts him at night to log off JN and come to bed for some nookie

8 hours ago, Xtina said:

I’m thinking few, if any, listened to Scott’s wrap-up at the time he got their feelings on it. More likely Manish listened to it, approached some Jets in front of others Bart criticized, paraphrased it for them with a slanted spin (i.e "How do you respond to Bart Scott basically saying your teammates standing next to you suck and the coaches suck and all deserve Ds?") — and omg you won’t believe what the players’ and/or coaches’ reactions were!

6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Another note. Manish Mehta swallows a lot.

That's not a euphemism. He was literally swallowing constantly throughout the entire interview. It was gross to listen to.

My disdain for Manish aside, it was enjoyable to listen to a passionate Jets fan talk about the Jets. I don't always agree with Glenn, but I do have plenty of respect for him. Kudos @AFJF for another great episode from across the pond, and for a classy interview with an unclassy guest.

post-bukkake interview?

Archived