Alliance of American Football Releases All Team Names/Logos

Warfish

A new league called the Alliance of American Football (AAF) revealed the names and logos of the final four teams that will be playing in the upstart NFL competitor come February.

The AAF was founded by TV and film producer Charlie Ebersol and former NFL executive Bill Polian and intends to start play just one week after Super Bowl LIII.

The season will last 10 weeks, leading to a four-team playoff, ending with a championship game April 28. Should the league survive into 2020, it will be a direct-competitor with the XFL, which has also marketed itself as an alternative to the NFL.

Dn78z8MU0AABi9k.jpg

DniIuXtVAAIEJ1f.jpg

DniI_8LUcAAxSIG.jpg

DniI7GcV4AEiKCK.jpg

DniJK_OUYAE8Ysd.jpg

Dn79D-uU0AEsDuj.jpg

Dn78dd_U0AAqt-G.jpg

Dn7-IZHUwAA6Kbx.jpg

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Tough to succeed without a franchise in New York, Chicago, or the west coast. 

I think they are trying to hit areas that do not have an NFL team, in an attempt to develop a local fan base that otherwise would have no football.

I'd very much like a 2nd Football League to watch off-cycle from the NFL, but with mostly similar rules (nothing crazy vs. "real football" tbqh).

But I'd honestly need a team near me to get emotional buy in (no DC, VA or anywhere nearby team in the AAFL, nor do I think they'll be one in the XFL V2.0 sadly).

And yeah, these logs are all pretty bleh, and some are outright horrible.  Agree I hope the Jets don;t go this way (and I think they won't).

But I'm really getting back into being a baseball fan after years away from my most beloved (and a sport I myself played at a moderate-high level) sport.  So after the NFL I have pitchers and catchers and spring training to be excited about.

Scherzer for Cy Young.

th?id=OIP.-uiq6w8imveyFOqwxI6YEgHaD4&pid

(All Hail HypnoToad!)

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'd very much like a 2nd Football League to watch off-cycle from the NFL, but with mostly similar rules (nothing crazy vs. "real football" tbqh).

But I'd honestly need a team near me to get emotional buy in (no DC, VA or anywhere nearby team in the AAFL, nor do I think they'll be one in the XFL V2.0 sadly).

But I'm really getting back into being a baseball fan after years away from my most beloved (and a sport I myself played at a moderate-high level) sport.  So after the NFL I have pitchers and catchers and spring training to be excited about.

yup,.. it's COLD in canada   ☃️

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

Could do much better than these with some bar napkins and crayons.

Looks they didn't even spring for the Crayola 128 box, but simply got theirs in one of those cheap boxes you get in a kid's birthday goodie bag. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

A new league called the Alliance of American Football (AAF) revealed the names and logos of the final four teams that will be playing in the upstart NFL competitor come February.

The AAF was founded by TV and film producer Charlie Ebersol and former NFL executive Bill Polian and intends to start play just one week after Super Bowl LIII.

The season will last 10 weeks, leading to a four-team playoff, ending with a championship game April 28. Should the league survive into 2020, it will be a direct-competitor with the XFL, which has also marketed itself as an alternative to the NFL.

Dn78z8MU0AABi9k.jpg

DniIuXtVAAIEJ1f.jpg

DniI_8LUcAAxSIG.jpg

DniI7GcV4AEiKCK.jpg

DniJK_OUYAE8Ysd.jpg

Dn79D-uU0AEsDuj.jpg

Dn78dd_U0AAqt-G.jpg

Dn7-IZHUwAA6Kbx.jpg

I would have went with the Memphis Barbecues.

The AAF is started by former NFL Executives including Bill Polian, and all of the teams have former NFL head coaches and NFL staffs. This league has a very good chance at long term success as the first real minor league football league. I plan to attend the San Diego Fleet games next spring, though I dont love the name.

27 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

If I had to pick one I guess I'd follow The Fleet... I mean warships are pretty cool...

Yeah, Fleet and warships are definitely better than their Fleet choice that came in “number 2” in the voting.

......(I’ll show myself out)

CA250362-F6E5-4D67-81EC-1A447FFF2556.jpeg

Archived