Amazon Thursday Night Football Announcing Team

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Dont care if they're women. I guess the color analyst part is where I have questions. Being in the actual game as a player or coach in the past seems like a prerequisite, I dont know maybe not. Jessica Mendoza I think is overrated as all hell and she played softball. She has major Gruden-itis IMO. Yet, I actually like Suzyn Waldman and most cant stand her, so what do I know? 

Agreed.  She also tries too hard to be "one of the guys" with macho-type talk.  It's so painful to listen to.  ESPN's announcers in general just NEVER shut up.   

10 hours ago, DMan77 said:

That's a good question... I didn't think Amazon Prime's numbers were larger enough to host this kind of thing.

Then again maybe that's the point. Maybe this is a viewer-push... Hoping NFl fans sign up by the truckload so they don't miss games in the future? Eh, seems like a risky plan for Amazon... I think most people would rather listen to it on the radio, go to a bar, or just follow online rather than sign up for a whole new service. 

The service you speak about also delivers packages to your door in two days or less.  It’s kinda cool. 

Don’t care who gets an opportunity and if they’re good then great BUT what I don’t like is when no one is allowed to put forth valid criticism of their performance without being accused of being a something-ist. Equality means you get the good with the bad. No more and no less. Their chosen field is a bullseye for criticism—even the most successful announcers are hated by a significant minority of fans. I will withhold judgment until I see how this new team performs. I hope they knock it out if the park!

18 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

People are acting as if they are being forced to listen to Kramer/Storm. They are not:

Amazon said viewers will have the option of listening to four separate broadcast teams while watching NFL games on Prime. Since the live streams are simulcasts of Fox’s television broadcast, customers can also choose to listen to Fox announcers Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, a Spanish language broadcast or a United Kingdom broadcast.

FB_IMG_1516585940903.jpg

15 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Hannah Storm is definitely qualified to do play by play... she’s also still a babe... a qualified babe... who has done great work in sports... while being a babe... not that being a babe is worth more than her talent as a sports reporter... you get it... it’s not just a physical thing... you know... you get it 

She’s ok on sportscenter talking about Steph Curry’s twitter or lecturing us on how Tim Tebow will be a franchise qb in the nfl.  As a live announcer on a game?  No thanks

19 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

PC crowds gotta love it.

It’s short-sighted to deem this PC. 

19 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Political Correctness at it's best. The best female football reporters IMO, Kim Jones and Suzy Kolber.

Nope.

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Politics is not permitted at JN.

Except when it so obviously is allowed, like this thread.

:-k

Talking about women getting jobs most typically held by men is politics now?

Listen guys, since Goodell took over as Commish he has made a concerted effort to bring the sport to a wider audience. That’s why there are international games. It’s also why they’ve begun experimenting with how to ‘package’ the game. Let’s use a simple metaphor: children’s toys can often be the same product, let’s say a YO-YO. Companies take the toys, make a pink version to target girls, a blue version for boys, and a green version for parents that know it’s smarter to buy things that are unisex for hand-me-downs.

This is Capitalism. Most of those who bitch about PC also love them some capitalism. You’d think they could recognize product varition and customer targeting when they see it.

Billion dollar corps don’t do things to change their product in a whim, or to satisfy PC crap. They change after intensive research proves it can be lucrative.

It’s why Coke introduced Diet Coke, even though they already had Tab. There are peoples who sole job is to find profit in data. What you’re all whining about is 100% an example of the NFL repackaging it’s product to add new customers.

YOU clowns made it political. It’s about business.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s short-sighted to deem this PC. 

Nope.

Talking about women getting jobs most typically held by men is politics now?

Listen guys, since Goodell took over as Commish he has made a concerted effort to bring the sport to a wider audience. That’s why there are international games. It’s also why they’ve begun experimenting with how to ‘package’ the game. Let’s use a simple metaphor: children’s toys can often be the same product, let’s say a YO-YO. Companies take the toys, make a pink version to target girls, a blue version for boys, and a green version for parents that know it’s smarter to buy things that are unisex for hand-me-downs.

This is Capitalism. Most of those who bitch about PC also love them some capitalism. You’d think they could recognize product varition and customer targeting when they see it.

Billion dollar corps don’t do things to change their product in a whim, or to satisfy PC crap. They change after intensive research proves it can be lucrative.

It’s why Coke introduced Diet Coke, even though they already had Tab. There are peoples who sole job is to find profit in data. What you’re all whining about is 100% an example of the NFL repackaging it’s product to add new customers.

YOU clowns made it political. It’s about business.

Well said. Plus I like the part here were people bitch  about us locking threads when they get political and then bitch when we don’t lock threads that THEY deem political.

Archived