Amazon Thursday Night Football Announcing Team

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Cousins fumbles while trying to pass.  Kremer is convinced Cousins' arm was moving forward (it clearly wasn't).  She also says that Cousins "pounds it out" (while trying to convey he's moving his arm forward).

Hannah Storm seems to be doing a halfway decent job so far from what I've heard.  Andrea Kremer is an absolute disaster though.

Obsess much?  Yeesh.  

I've never seen someone post damn near 10 times in 10 minutes about commentators in all my years on sports message boards.

9 hours ago, Vader said:

i don’t know the facts bear this claim out, or if this is the strategy, whether it is working. NFL is losing steam… a lot of steam...

I’m not saying it’s been successful. I’m just saying it’s what they’re doing. I do t hav insight into the results data. 

Fantasg football is100% the reason football blew up. Goodell’s blundering strategies are just something that happen along the way

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We all think the halftime show during the SB is stupid too, but it works.

Male football die-hands are not the demo the NFL is targeting with anything they do. They know they have that demo locked up regardless. They are trying to add the casual fan, basically.

I'm sure they have a rationale behind it, I'm just not sure an all-female announce team is going to make the game inherently more appealing to women. The vast majority of women who love football are indoctrinated into it by a prominent male figure in their life (father, brothers, boyfriend/husband.) I don't know if Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer are going to get women together for a "girls night" drinking white wine and watching Thursday Night Football.

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Obsess much?  Yeesh.  

I've never seen someone post damn near 10 times in 10 minutes about commentators in all my years on sports message boards.

Please accept my apologies.  I was attempting to “live blog” about a historic moment in NFL broadcast history.  I didn’t intend to end your years-long sports message-board viewing streak of not seeing 10 messages in 10 minutes about commentators.  

Please let me know what an acceptable number of posts is for a 10 minute time period for said topic and I will adhere to your guidelines henceforth.  

Maybe Maxman can pin a thread to the front page that lists any other guidelines you have for the rest of us.  

10 hours ago, DLJ said:

No one is forcing you grumpy old sexists to listen to them. You had options

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sexists?   I gave an honest critique (including listing Andrea Kremer’s words) and I said Hannah Storm seemed okay.  Am I not allowed to criticize a female announcer?   For the record, I criticize male announcers all the time.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Please accept my apologies.  I was attempting to “live blog” about a historic moment in NFL broadcast history.  I didn’t intend to end your years-long sports message-board viewing streak of not seeing 10 messages in 10 minutes about commentators.  

Please let me know what an acceptable number of posts is for a 10 minute time period for said topic and I will adhere to your guidelines henceforth.  

Maybe Maxman can pin a thread to the front page that lists any other guidelines you have for the rest of us.  

Whatever you say, creepo.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Whatever you say, creepo.

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Imagine the concept of women having jobs being so crazy to you that you felt the need to live blog it.

I assume you’re also upset at Darren Rovell for calling yesterday’s telecast “Another groundbreaking moment for women and sports broadcasting”

24 minutes ago, rillo said:

Dudes just tuned in to bash LMAO. 

Not me, pal. I was genuinely curious and gave it a listen for just about the entire second half. They just weren't good, though I was hoping they would be,  I like Hannah Storm and have/had no opinion about Andrea Kramer until last night. She was atrocious, and Storm was only slightly better. It seemed to me like they did no practice games beforehand. But you go ahead and make stupid assumptions. I'm sure you have it all figured out.

1 hour ago, shevys said:

Not me, pal. I was genuinely curious and gave it a listen for just about the entire second half. They just weren't good, though I was hoping they would be,  I like Hannah Storm and have/had no opinion about Andrea Kramer until last night. She was atrocious, and Storm was only slightly better. It seemed to me like they did no practice games beforehand. But you go ahead and make stupid assumptions. I'm sure you have it all figured out.

It was their first time of course it wasn't great, but lucky for you, you have other options. Pal.

What I thought was interesting is that I watched the game through Amazon prime because it was blacked out on the nfl network on my sling and they had male announcers. I guess the female team was an option but they didn't tell you how to select the option and the male team was the default

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

48 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

They're both experienced sportscasters. What's the prob?

The problem is Hannah Storm has no experience doing play by play (at least not that I’m aware of), and it sounded like that. Andrea Kramer was a mess, she just was not up for the task. I don’t know how to explain it, nerves or whatever.  She had a lot of incomplete sentences, lack of concentration, and not very insightful observations. I have two daughters, I’m not looking to bag on them just because they’re women.  They were just unlistenable. 

The one woman I hear doing play by play for football is Beth Mowans. I think she did one of the Jets games, too. I find her to be a little boring but knowledgeable about the sport. Many play by play men did not play organized football at least on a higher level. I don't know who is doing the play by play, probably Hannah who has been in sports a long time. Let's give her a chance everyone has to start somewhere. I don't agree that Kramer is a mess. 

Archived