College Game Day

New York Mick

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Paradis said:

so @New York Mick

Be interested to read your take on Stanford RB Bryce Love tonight vs ND.... Don't do any pre-game research, don't look up the "consensus" on Love, just tell me what them old eyes see

So far he looks solid. He can break one for a TD, cuts well, average blocker, hits the hole and follows blockers. He is getting hit a lot behind the line but normally doesn’t go down on the first hit. He’s not doing much receiving but he’s not getting a lot of targets. 

I don’t think he’s a top ten pick but this is one game. I’ve seen him before obviously but didn’t concentrate on him. 

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Nice play call, Penn State.

Bowles probably is marking that one down to use on a crucial 4th and 5 later this year.

unreal, and classic Bowles call on last play of the game, Bosa's replacement stepped up big time, PSU QB had 175 rushing yards so give the RB a chance

Give Franklin all the credit, they played great, hack was not his fault, McSorley was on fire, Baker Mayfield memories, nice to come up on top this time 

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

unreal, and classic Bowles call on last play of the game, Bosa's replacement stepped up big time, PSU QB had 175 rushing yards so give the RB a chance

Give Franklin all the credit, they played great, hack was not his fault, McSorley was on fire, Baker Mayfield memories, nice to come up on top this time 

That was a fun game to watch.  Big Ten Football is the best.

I am no Urban Meyer fan, but I will never root for Penn State as long  as I live.

13 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good RB but wasn’t even the best RB in the game. 

15 hours ago, New York Mick said:

So far he looks solid. He can break one for a TD, cuts well, average blocker, hits the hole and follows blockers. He is getting hit a lot behind the line but normally doesn’t go down on the first hit. He’s not doing much receiving but he’s not getting a lot of targets. 

I don’t think he’s a top ten pick but this is one game. I’ve seen him before obviously but didn’t concentrate on him. 

He looked good last night, actually. I've not been Bryce's biggest fan, but i'll give him love when it's earned. He was hitting holes hard, and playing smart behind his blocks. 

I didn't see anything to change my perception though; he's destined to be a (good) COP back. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

He looked good last night, actually. I've not been Bryce's biggest fan, but i'll give him love when it's earned. He was hitting holes hard, and playing smart behind his blocks. 

I didn't see anything to change my perception though; he's destined to be a (good) COP back. 

That’s how I feel. He looks like a solid back but not a top pick. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bump*

Decent slate today. The Georgia/LSU game is on center stage, unless you're a big 10 guy. PAC 12 has disappointed this year, but they lost key QBs (obviously)... i don't know why, but i just can't get excited about a huskies game. Gonna tune into the showdown between texas and baylor - Hurd time!

Drew Locks dreams of going in the first are going to get crushed today. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Bump*

Decent slate today. The Georgia/LSU game is on center stage, unless you're a big 10 guy. PAC 12 has disappointed this year, but they lost key QBs (obviously)... i don't know why, but i just can't get excited about a huskies game. Gonna tune into the showdown between texas and baylor - Hurd time!

Two best CBs in the country going at it in the Georgia/LSU game.  DeAndre Baker and Greedy Williams.   Williams is a physical freak at 6’3”, LSU just keeps plucking these DBs off the trees down there in the bayou.  

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Bump*

You know what I will be watchign in a few hours.  Gators-Vandy is the appetizer, but this LSU game has had me worried all week.  Don't think we are as good as our ranking, and we have feasted on a soft schedule so far this season.  Time to find out what this team is really made of.  Contender or Pretender begins to be answered today. Although I think we might all be pretenders this year aside from Bama.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

You know what I will be watchign in a few hours.  Gators-Vandy is the appetizer, but this LSU game has had me worried all week.  Don't think we are as good as our ranking, and we have feasted on a soft schedule so far this season.  Time to find out what this team is really made of.  Contender or Pretender begins to be answered today. Although I think we might all be pretenders this year aside from Bama.

I still think your defense is going to be better than the LSU offense, not sold on LSU’s offense.  

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I still think your defense is going to be better than the LSU offense, not sold on LSU’s offense.  

We should win today -- but I don't believe in this team as much as last year's version.  Our secondary is great, but we struggle to rush the passer and stop the run and our OL is banged up and very young and we have not run the ball consistently like last year.  Next year we should contend again.  Not sold on us yet this year.

Pretty stoked to see how the Gators responded to adversity.  Winning in these types of situations are huge for a program trying to build a culture and identity.  

D needs to lock it down.  Lots of game left but good to see them take the lead. 

Archived