Jets having internal debate on how to coach darnold

GREENBEAN

I’m having difficulty posting the article from my phone so I’m sorry if it’s not coming up other than the link

This highlights why I have a problem with Bowles as the HC. Bates is his 3rd OC in 4 years and is on record saying Sam will start only if he understands the entire offense and gives us the best chance to win. You would think they had a plan with darnold from the beginning and are committed to that plan. Not arguing about it internally after 3 games.

It sounds like fear is setting in and confidence in a plan is wavering. I’m all for adjustments but this feels more like panic and excuse building. I’m not confident bowels has an actual plan that he’s confident in. Even if that plan is simply to trust in his coordinators to do their job.

https://clutchpoints.com/jets-rumors-new-york-having-internal-debate-with-how-sam-darnold-being-coached/

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What a surprise as many said Todd Bowles will and can ruin a franchise QB 

FIRE THIS JACKASS ALREADY!!!!!!!

My god, This, all day everyday to eternity. I can’t even start listing reasons anymore. I don’t have the ******* patience or will power to without wanting to toss my iPhone out a window. 

11 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Never would have guessed. Complete and total faith in todd* and his staff*. Uhhhh, this ******* organization*.

I’m not ready to bury Bates. If it’s an internal struggle, I think we all know which one is pushing for more conservative. 

Not advocating for Bates, just saying we don’t know. 

I cant deal with Bowles for another game however. 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Sweet merciful crap. Just fire these ******* bozos already. 

This x100.  I have no idea how good of a coordinator Bates is at this point, but I have been certain since the draft his biggest concern is developing Sam Darnold.

Bowles wants to "simplify" the offense, aka fall back on his extreme conservative tendencies, to try and save his job.

Bowles needs gone ASAP.  I don't care who is the interim coach.

Wow.  Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Sam later apologized for this statement about USC's predictability on offensive tendencies, but he was spot on....now, in the NFL, same old crap.

"I can sense defenses are focusing on some tendencies of ours,” Darnold said. “So we just got to run different plays, have different formations and motion some guys...get away from our tendencies a little bit."

Anderson didn't elaborate on what she meant by "simplifying" the offense, so who knows that that could mean. She did say they want to simplify the way the plays are relayed to Darnold during the game.

Isn't Anderson the one with a good relationship with Bowles? I seem to remember her being the one he broke the news to about him being hired by the Jets.

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

What the heck is clutchpoints.com ?

Doesn't matter.  It's an ESPN story. From Jocina Anderson.  

In other words, its Bowles using a sympathetic media member to publicly gripe about his offensive coordinator so he can return to his comfort zone.....1992 Football. 

That article is rather excessively vague.  Not surprising to see that everyone's conclusions are based on a series of assumptions that fit their own personal narratives.

Very unfortunately, there's faaaar more than one person to blame for this sh*t show of an offense.  Pretty much everyone involved with it not named Enunwa or Powell.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

That article is rather excessively vague.  Not surprising to see that everyone's conclusions are based on a series of assumptions that fit their own personal narratives.

Very unfortunately, there's faaaar more than one person to blame for this sh*t show of an offense.  Pretty much everyone involved with it not named Enunwa or Powell.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24806956

40 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m not ready to bury Bates. If it’s an internal struggle, I think we all know which one is pushing for more conservative. 

Not advocating for Bates, just saying we don’t know. 

I cant deal with Bowles for another game however. 

Bates can finish out the season and the we go after an accomplished (Jay Cutler isn't an impressive accomplishment) OC to be HC.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Simplify the offense?  How much simpler can it get?  

Lol exactly what I was thinking. Not like we run some sort of matrix codes that require decoding. I mean, Bates can just yell “run to the right” or “let’s try a fleeflicker n catch them off guard” from the sidelines. That’ll solve the headset problem as well. 

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s so ******* sad this is actually a good team with Darnold at QB IF there was any competence at the coaching position!

The Jeff Fisher Effect all over again.

Tine to get an offensive minded head coach.

- Don’t want a defensive HC who banks their success on a great OC, and regress when they leave (Quinn/Shanahan).

- Don’t want more DC-1st time HC’s

- I want a HC with minimum of QB coach and OC experience, who will never be dependent on a OC for success. Someone who can call plays in any given game. No matter who the OC in NOLA, its Payton’s offense, same as in Green Bay, its McCarthy’s offense, Andy Reid, etc.

Sam Darnold is our greatest commodity, and a true blue chip QB. Our entire organization should be geared toward maximizing his potential. 

Our HC should be as close to Darnold as can be, with the knowledge and vision to design an offense around his strengths, with the foresight to gameplan against opponents weakneases week to week, and the adaptibility to adjust on the fly during a game.

It's clear this is Bowles or one of his mouthpieces leaking this.  Just fire Bowles already.

Make Bates the HC or bring another offensive-minded guy who's up to the job and understands modern football in the 2000s.  Bring in a strong independent DC who can work on his own like Jim Schwartz.

Bottom line is this team is just killing time with bolwes.   He may ultimately be a good coach, he may not.  It doesn’t really matter because he has no ability to develop a franchise QB.  

You see Payton, McVay, Pederson, Reid, McCarthy and then there’s Bowles.   There is no chance that he can develop Darnold.  We need a guy to take the reins and work with this kid to help him become great.   The sooner that happens the better.   There is no chance it’s bowles so the team should move on sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This x100.  I have no idea how good of a coordinator Bates is at this point, but I have been certain since the draft his biggest concern is developing Sam Darnold.

Bowles wants to "simplify" the offense, aka fall back on his extreme conservative tendencies, to try and save his job.

Bowles needs gone ASAP.  I don't care who is the interim coach.

When the Miami game was coming back from halftime, the sideline reporter said she talked to Bowles, and apparently what he told her was “we need to run the ball more.” Mind-boggling.

Archived