JETS vs JAGS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetsfan125 said:

We are pretty much the sh*ttiest team in nfl now. The Browns look serious and they're playing every game competitive. I'm literally a fan of the sh*ttiest team in nfl. 

the browns have a much much better roster. they’ve drafted better and signed significant help, like Landry.

So I managed to not peek all day. I watched the game on dvr 

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say bates is the worst coordinator I can remember the Jets employing 

He has zero awareness of what the defense is doing and he stubbornly insists on running the roll outs and bootlegs that teams are waiting for. 

The jags defense is a serious mismatch for this offense but that was really awful 

Very little in the way of creatively getting his QB going. 

In that heat with the offense doing nothing I'm not going to kill the defense. There were lapses, Johnson is hot garbage, but they just got worn down. 

Punt returner has to stop letting punts get downed at the 1

Let's not forget that we just finished the part of the schedule that everybody was saying was so difficult and dangerous that Sam should not have even played. 

Let's see what they do with the 3 game home stand 

I guess I picked a good game to miss 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say bates is the worst coordinator I can remember the Jets employing 

He has zero awareness of what the defense is doing and he stubbornly insists on running the roll outs and bootlegs that teams are waiting for. 

The jags defense is a serious mismatch for this offense but that was really awful 

In that heat with the offense doing nothing I'm not going to kill the defense. There were lapses, Johnson is hot garbage, but they just got worn down. 

Let's not forget that we just finished the part of the schedule that everybody was saying was so difficult and dangerous that Sam should not have even played. 

Sorry, 503 yards given up is not "getting worn down".  It's a gutless performance.

I DVR'd the game and just finished watching it around 9 pm. I didn't know the outcome even though my brother went to the game in Jax. The first thing you have to ask is why so many holes in the defense. And uncovered receivers. Not just guys getting beat but no one even close to the play. It's obvious the Jax O coaches saw things on the film and had a great game plan. Even though the D played hard and caused turnovers they still gave up big plays all afternoon. So if you're going to complain about coaching this time I'm not arguing with any of you. I don't fire people at this time but I think about it unless things are immediately fixed. And I would start with the D coordinator.  As for the offense pretty unimaginative. I know we have a rookie Qb and are breaking him in. I have no prob with an easier game plan for Sam. But the running plays are too predictable. Sam is a guy who can create plays on the run but so far like many Qbs he is inaccurate with the long ball. 

Thank god I was at my son's game and did not watch this abortion.  Haven't seen the highlights, but checked the box score.  Running game non-existent.  Passing game looks low risk, check down city, don't turn it over, OL giving up sacks.  Defense torched by Bortles.  Did I miss anything in that analysis?

Just now, jmat321 said:

Thank god I was at my son's game and did not watch this abortion.  Haven't seen the highlights, but checked the box score.  Running game non-existent.  Passing game looks low risk, check down city, don't turn it over, OL giving up sacks.  Defense torched by Bortles.  Did I miss anything in that analysis?

...and Bowles stands there watching...watching...silently. 

15 hours ago, Vader said:

the browns have a much much better roster. they’ve drafted better and signed significant help, like Landry.

^^^

Just this past off-season they added Landry, Hyde, Tyrod, Damarious Randall, Sammie Coates, Darren Fells, a whole bunch of OL, DL, and back-end roster guys. Plus, they moved a bunch of dead weight, in exchange for more picks.

Then you look at their draft, as of right now Mayfield, Antonio Callaway, Ward, and Chubb (who could be starting for them), plus I haven't even looked at the roles of other guys just from this draft alone. They got way, way better this off-season, because they've gota proven GM in Dorsey. 

16 hours ago, Larz said:

You missed a game ? what kind of fan are you! Ban this imposter!

Archived