JETS vs JAGS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

If this game was a "career day" this is why Blake Bortles is viewed the way he is. He did his thing in the first half and the defense adjusted and shut that sh*t down with turnovers and punts. 

Folks can keep handling the offense with white gloves if they want. 

Some of us knew that trading Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick was stupid. We should have taken our time with Sam, especially when there's limited talent to take the field with him. BUT, at the end of the day, he's the head of the offense and the offense did nothing. 

Matter of fact, the only reason why the offense ever seen the Jags Redzone was because the defense put them there. 

Offense sucks. Defense sucks. Yet defense has a ton of resources. The offense have Sam, Quincy, and bunch of back ups on other teams . Oh yeah defense is  coach Bowles specialty !!!! Haha heee heee 

well lets blame him for missing receivers..........and blame the receivers for not making a play and blame todd for his sorry ass defense and blame the OC for not making it a little easier for sam....Lets let them ALL except their share of the blame instead of blaming everyone BUT Sam shall we?

This is a very logical way to describe the game today. The only issue I have is the conclusions on sam as player many are drawing due to the games so far. It’s just not realistic or sane

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, The Crusher said:

Offense sucks. Defense sucks. Yet defense has a ton of resources. The offense have Sam, Quincy, and bunch of back ups on other teams . Oh yeah defense is  coach Bowles specialty !!!! Haha heee heee 

Defense didn't suck my friend. The defense had no help. Big difference. We were midway through the 2nd quarter and the offense only ran 9 plays because all they did was have 3 and outs. 

They couldnt even move the ball down the field in order to help the punting game so the defense didn't start in the hole. 

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah it's one of those things where -- well I don't root for non-Patriots injuries, but frankly McCarthy deserves to have Rodgers get seriously hurt there to show just how stupid he was.

Agreed. I love to watch Rodgers play and would never want him to get hurt but it would certainly serve McCarthy right. Mixed emotions.

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

This is a very logical way to describe the game today. The only issue I have is the conclusions on sam as player many are drawing due to the games so far. It’s just not realistic or sane

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

honestly I havent seen one post with someone saying its ALL Sams fault. What I see is people pointing out his mistakes the same way they do with Jamal, Lee, Skrine, etc......except in Sam's case there is a mad rush of people there to defend him and say things like people are blaming it all on Sam. 

I cant think of one person here who disagrees with the following:

1. Sam is a rookie

2. Sam is a very YOUNG rookie

3. Sam has a lot to overcome in order to be successful this year.

4. People are worried that the bad year he is going to have will ruin him in the future. 

5. People are much more inclined to make excuses for his mistakes than the mistakes of others because of the position he plays and how desperate so many people were to get him. It's like FINALLY getting the hot girl and finding out she isnt a virgin anymore......you still beat but now you wear a rubber. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Defense didn't suck my friend. The defense had no help. Big difference. We were midway through the 2nd quarter and the offense only ran 9 plays because all they did was have 3 and outs. 

They couldnt even move the ball down the field in order to help the punting game so the defense didn't start in the hole. 

They couldn’t stop the crossing route. Blake Bortles had record setting day. Kinda hard blame all that on offense. They ran dowm our throats too. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im watching the game. Antonio Callaway slipped out his break, ball popped right off his hands into the defender. 

Mayfield doesn't throw inaccurate balls like what we seen in Jacksonville. Oops! :-) 

Give him time. Sam didn’t stink Till his 3rd game . Haha 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The defense sucked balls dude. The pass defense was downright embarassing against an offense that scored 6 points last week. What game were you watching? The offense was at least going against one of the premier defenses in the league, one that had allowed 3 TD's all year. Coming into this game we had no shot unless the defense balled. They did not, they just sucked balls. Every facet of this team deserves blame but to say defense didn't suck is just wrong.  

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

They couldn’t stop the crossing route. Blake Bortles had record setting day. Kinda hard blame all that on offense. They ran dowm our throats too. 

A bend-dont-break defense is what I seen today. Blake bottles had a record setting day in terms of yards, however he had just 2 TD's and 1 INT. The game was in reach, but it didn't matter because when the defense provided 3 turnovers and 3 punts the Jets offense did nothing. 

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If this game was a "career day" this is why Blake Bortles is viewed the way he is. He did his thing in the first half and the defense adjusted and shut that sh*t down with turnovers and punts. 

Folks can keep handling the offense with white gloves if they want. 

Some of us knew that trading Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick was stupid. We should have taken our time with Sam, especially when there's limited talent to take the field with him. BUT, at the end of the day, he's the head of the offense and the offense did nothing. 

Matter of fact, the only reason why the offense ever seen the Jags Redzone was because the defense put them there. 

Jags took foot off gas...   

scored when gthey wanted to at the end...

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

honestly I havent seen one post with someone saying its ALL Sams fault. What I see is people pointing out his mistakes the same way they do with Jamal, Lee, Skrine, etc......except in Sam's case there is a mad rush of people there to defend him and say things like people are blaming it all on Sam. 

1. Sam is a rookie

4. People are worried that the bad year he is going to have will ruin him in the future

5. People are much more inclined to make excuses for his mistakes than the mistakes of others because of the position he plays and how desperate so many people were to get him. It's like FINALLY getting the hot girl and finding out she isnt a virgin anymore......you still beat but now you wear a rubber. 

4. People are worried that the bad year he is going to have will ruin him in the future

I am not worried about #4

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

A bend-dont-break defense is what I seen today. Blake bottles had a record setting day in terms of yards, however he had just 2 TD's and 1 INT. The game was in reach, but it didn't matter because when the defense provided 3 turnovers and 3 punts the Jets offense did nothing. 

Jets offense was awful. 2yards/ per run. Sam had a TD and only three dropped picks .  Teehee

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

1. Sam is a rookie

4. People are worried that the bad year he is going to have will ruin him in the future. 

I’ll take #5

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan125 said:

Todd Haley, Andy Reid ya those young qbs are gonna develop properly. Toilet Bowles isn't good at anything. 

Watching the game now. Turf is killing the Browns drive. Pick 6 by Mayfield because Callaway slipped on the turf and a over thrown TD by Mayfield because Landry Slipped on the turf. 

Mayfield did overthrow Callaway on what would have been a 65 yard TD by a couple inches. Mayfield looks like a QB. I dont like the funny business with some of the play calling by the goaline by either Haley or Hue. 

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Jags took foot off gas...   

scored when they wanted to at the end...

Been a hallmark of the Jets under Bowles, teams knowing the offense has quit and pulling in the horns. It's why you cannot give any credit to this defense being any good based on stats. Jags last TD was basically out of embarrassment, trying to run out clock and hoping they would stop them. 

Archived