JETS vs JAGS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Watching the game now. Turf is killing the Browns drive. Pick 6 by Mayfield because Callaway slipped on the turf and a over thrown TD by Mayfield because Landry Slipped on the turf. 

Mayfield did overthrow Callaway on what would have been a 65 yard TD by a couple inches. Mayfield looks like a QB. I dont like the funny business with some of the play calling by the goaline by either Haley or Hue. 

skip over the easy slant TD he missed...  SHHHH!!!

Just now, Losmeister said:

skip over the easy slant TD he missed...  SHHHH!!!

That was the TD towards Landry that I just spoke about. They showed the replay and Landry slipped out of his break. 

The TD was an easy slant, if not for the slip. 

Im not shhh'ing. Im literally talking about that play. lol. 

Let me leave the forum so I can enjoy this game. lol. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Defense didn't suck my friend. The defense had no help. Big difference. We were midway through the 2nd quarter and the offense only ran 9 plays because all they did was have 3 and outs. 

They couldnt even move the ball down the field in order to help the punting game so the defense didn't start in the hole. 

Dude...

The Jaguars first 3 possessions in the first half.

1. Started on their own six. 15 plays for 8:38. FG.

2. Started on their own 23. 12 plays for 6:59. FG.

3. Started on their own 22. 7 plays for 2:59. TD.

Say what you want about the offensive woes and inability to sustain a drive, but the defense didn't exactly hold up their end of the deal in the TOP department. Not to mention, giving up points on each drive.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That was the TD towards Landry that I just spoke about. They showed the replay and Landry slipped out of his break. 

The TD was an easy slant, if not for the slip. 

Im not shhh'ing. Im literally talking about that play. lol. 

Let me leave the forum so I can enjoy this game. lol. 

oh, i thoughtg ya meant the pick6

37 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is another smart call by Marrone. Forget the TD. Literally the only realistic chance the Jets had was blocking a FG attempt, picking it up, and running it back the other way, followed by an onside kick recovery. 

Put the ball in your best player's hands and tell him if he drops it you'll shoot him. Even if he did fumble, you're running up the gut so the odds of a run-back after recovering a fumble are almost zero. Most likely downside is he's stuffed, and the Jets aren't scoring 2 TDs in 30 seconds starting inside their own 5. No one is.

It's subtle, but well thought out.

I think he was just sticking it to us.  A coupl of knees would have done the trick. Tht last TD was just a message to Woody Weak Knees

honestly I havent seen one post with someone saying its ALL Sams fault. What I see is people pointing out his mistakes the same way they do with Jamal, Lee, Skrine, etc......except in Sam's case there is a mad rush of people there to defend him and say things like people are blaming it all on Sam. 
I cant think of one person here who disagrees with the following:
1. Sam is a rookie
2. Sam is a very YOUNG rookie
3. Sam has a lot to overcome in order to be successful this year.
4. People are worried that the bad year he is going to have will ruin him in the future. 
5. People are much more inclined to make excuses for his mistakes than the mistakes of others because of the position he plays and how desperate so many people were to get him. It's like FINALLY getting the hot girl and finding out she isnt a virgin anymore......you still beat but now you wear a rubber. 

Hmmmmm. I’m not sure what thread you were reading today. It was the sky is falling for most of the day where Sam is concerned. Some cooler heads but plenty of very negative stuff.

Personally im in equal disagreement with people who blindly defend as I am with people jumping to conclusions on what it all means. If you didn’t see what im commenting on, that’s fine.
I am in the camp of seeing more of a problem with the d, having as many resources committed to it over the past few years, than I am with Sam. He has very little to work with. Couple that with his rookie play and it’s bound to lead to what we’re seeing.
I’m not too worried even though I’d much rather he be lighting it up en route to flawless wins.
Oh well... I’ll take the rubber off now. I’m not gettin any no matter how I look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, wweeyy12 said:

Please take the worship photo of Darnold down,   he is a bum.   What are we seeing here.   I must be on a different planet.  this guy throws into coverage like its no big deal.  HE STINKS

am curious what bridge these trolls live under???

503 yards allowed by defense against  a jags team looking to hit the showers most of the 2nd half is not a good effort. 

Not much of a pass rush.

5 yard crossing patterns and flat dumpoffs have killed this team under Moron Bowles.

Paying Johnson $13 million this year and next to be a ....deep zone corner and not cover man to man? I do not understand that. 

Just now, Bugg said:

503 yards allowed by defense against  a jags team looking to hit the showers most of the 2nd half is not a good effort. 

Not much of a pass rush.

5 yard crossing patterns and flat dumpoffs have killed this team under Moron Bowles.

Paying Johnson $13 million this year and next to be a ....deep zone corner and not cover man to man? I do not understand that. 

Johnson told Bowles that he could play Safety if he wanted him to....and Bowles immediately had to have him.

15 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hmmmmm. I’m not sure what thread you were reading today. It was the sky is falling for most of the day where Sam is concerned. Some cooler heads but plenty of very negative stuff.

Personally im in equal disagreement with people who blindly defend as I am with people jumping to conclusions on what it all means. If you didn’t see what im commenting on, that’s fine.
I am in the camp of seeing more of a problem with the d, having as many resources committed to it over the past few years, than I am with Sam. He has very little to work with. Couple that with his rookie play and it’s bound to lead to what we’re seeing.
I’m not too worried even though I’d much rather he be lighting it up en route to flawless wins.
Oh well... I’ll take the rubber off now. I’m not gettin any no matter how I look at it.

lol personally I am now officially in the fire Bowles camp. When the Jets came out to AZ 2 years ago to play the Cards I took my entire family to the game to see the most embarrassing display of football I have ever seen. I was SO pissed that my wife has to calm me down so I could be even slightly objective and positive about his regime. I have since tried to stay firmly on the fence (about Sam) to see how he does because I know we do not have offensive players.....PERIOD. Without play makers it's hard to look like a real NFL offense. I threw in the towel after the Browns game this year because Bowles has had multiple chances and coordinators and the offense still stinks and the defense still isnt good enough based on his reputation and the resources they have put into it. 

Sam is not gonna have a good year this year and I hope everyone knows it. I know that good QB's can make other players better but you gotta field a team with mostly starters and he is playing with mostly backups. The is almost no way he can do anything but learn and grow from his experiences this year. Rookie high draft pick qb's always go to bad teams and the same is true with Sam. 

Sam has his warts no different than a hot girl who isnt a virgin but that doesnt mean she is not a good woman or you still dont want to beat. Every QB is gonna have warts, the hope is that he is a winner despite his warts and I am not sure yet what he is but I held out hope for Geno, Sanchez and every other QB we have had so no different for me with Sam. 

Win or Lose, complaints or not, I ride with Sam as long as he wears the green and white....................

20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Not much of a pass rush.

502 on crossing patterns 

22 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I think he was just sticking it to us.  A coupl of knees would have done the trick. Tht last TD was just a message to Woody Weak Knees

I disagree. It was a smart call. Nobody kneels there while there's still a mathematical possibility. If they were up by 17 (fully 3 scores) then maybe they take a knee. 

You take a knee there only if you think the other team is going to take a knee when they get the ball. You take a knee to run out the clock at the end. Nobody takes a knee to give the other team possession when they're 2 scores down, no matter how improbable. 

Any (smart) coach would have run it there, and run it up the middle as he did to reduce the already minuscule possibility of a fumble + fumble recovery + TD. A FG attempt would have been the dumbest of all. 

If anything he's happier coaching the Jaguars than he'd have been coaching the Jets. He makes more and his career won't be in shambles playing so many bad FAs and draft picks provided by Maccagnan.

16 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

lol personally I am now officially in the fire Bowles camp. When the Jets came out to AZ 2 years ago to play the Cards I took my entire family to the game to see the most embarrassing display of football I have ever seen. I was SO pissed that my wife has to calm me down so I could be even slightly objective and positive about his regime. I have since tried to stay firmly on the fence (about Sam) to see how he does because I know we do not have offensive players.....PERIOD. Without play makers it's hard to look like a real NFL offense. I threw in the towel after the Browns game this year because Bowles has had multiple chances and coordinators and the offense still stinks and the defense still isnt good enough based on his reputation and the resources they have put into it. 

Sam is not gonna have a good year this year and I hope everyone knows it. I know that good QB's can make other players better but you gotta field a team with mostly starters and he is playing with mostly backups. The is almost no way he can do anything but learn and grow from his experiences this year. Rookie high draft pick qb's always go to bad teams and the same is true with Sam. 

Sam has his warts no different than a hot girl who isnt a virgin but that doesnt mean she is not a good woman or you still dont want to beat. Every QB is gonna have warts, the hope is that he is a winner despite his warts and I am not sure yet what he is but I held out hope for Geno, Sanchez and every other QB we have had so no different for me with Sam. 

Win or Lose, complaints or not, I ride with Sam as long as he wears the green and white....................

Dude....if a hot girl has warts, they are probably herpes.

Based on that post, you and I are completely in line with our thinking. I believe it’s more likely for someone to take time to develop than come in and look spectacular. Especially at the QB position.
I also feel that way with coaches and GM’s. A lot of people are ready to pull the plug so quickly and it’s not healthy lol

That being said, Bowles has hAd his chances. Even if he wasn’t quite as bad as most of us feel, (which he is) he’s just not the guy. That is pretty clear. I’m
Personally done with him. I’m not, however, done with macc. I’ve seen enough to warrant continuing with him and letting him pick a coach. It’s not easy for an organization to have a complete flip. I’d like to see macc continue to improve and build around his golden nugget.
And deuce gears to divert resources to the offense. Big o line splurge and some skill position talent. A true number one WR would make a huge. difference.

Just watching Jarvis Landry run his routes today is something darnold just doesn’t have. It’s so crisp and precise. Jordy Nelson too. I look forward to seeing what sam looks like with a big o line and some real receivers.

Sam is gaining invaluable experience right now. I’m all in for Sam

32 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I disagree. It was a smart call. Nobody kneels there while there's still a mathematical possibility. If they were up by 17 (fully 3 scores) then maybe they take a knee. 

You take a knee there only if you think the other team is going to take a knee when they get the ball. You take a knee to run out the clock at the end. Nobody takes a knee to give the other team possession when they're 2 scores down, no matter how improbable. 

Any (smart) coach would have run it there, and run it up the middle as he did to reduce the already minuscule possibility of a fumble + fumble recovery + TD. A FG attempt would have been the dumbest of all. 

If anything he's happier coaching the Jaguars than he'd have been coaching the Jets. He makes more and his career won't be in shambles playing so many bad FAs and draft picks provided by Maccagnan.

Want an NFL coach who looks at the scoreboard and doesn't quit until the win is locked up. This is professional football, there are no participation trophies, no moral victories, instead there are winners and losers.  Sadly for us, Marrone didn't treat Moron Bowles like the incompetent noncombatant his really is. That he got to stick to Woody Johnson and Manish Mehta in the process was probably pretty sweet for him too. 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Dude...

The Jaguars first 3 possessions in the first half.

1. Started on their own six. 15 plays for 8:38. FG.

2. Started on their own 23. 12 plays for 6:59. FG.

3. Started on their own 22. 7 plays for 2:59. TD.

Say what you want about the offensive woes and inability to sustain a drive, but the defense didn't exactly hold up their end of the deal in the TOP department. Not to mention, giving up points on each drive.

At one point Bortles was 11 for 11 . Finished 29-38 (76.3 %)for 388 yds. .

3 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Make a statement Johnson family. Fire this bum after the game and at least send a statement to the players that this garbage is not acceptible. Give bates 12 games as an audition.

Yeah, Bates has shown he deserves the HC job with his brilliant play calling so far this year. ](*,)Wise up pal. A Bowles isn't getting fired 4 games in. B if you're gonna call for him to be, do better then Bates as your replacement.

3 hours ago, Coquito said:

The head coach of the best team in the NFL, the Los Angeles Rams, is Sean McVay, who was born January 24, 1986.  It was almost one year later, The Giants won the Super Bowl on January 25, 1987- Thats right! One day after Sean McVay was born.  Coincidence????

On the other hand, Todd Bowles was born on November 18, 1963.  And guess what happened 4 days later??? John F. Kennedy's brains were splattered all

over the pavement, THAT'S WHAT.

Congratulations. This was one of the dumbest posts I've seen here. That's saying a lot.

Archived